Movies you couldn't even finish.

Tools    

i never walked out of a movie, even the crappy ones. but i did fall asleep at all the Lord Of The Rings movies

i never walked out of a movie, even the crappy ones. but i did fall asleep at all the Lord Of The Rings movies

you're scary. I ran off with my (ex) boyfriend when we were at Saw III...

And do check my "art": Deviant

y did u run out of Saw III??

A system of cells interlinked
y did u run out of Saw III??

I would think it might have something to do with that fact that the film was put together with the following:

My brother has tried several times to watch the first of the Lord of the Rings DVD but always falls asleep before the Hobbits get out of the cornfield as they start out their adventure. I saw all three films on the big screen at the movies and thought they were great fun.

I did walk out on Jurrassic Park, however, and Kevin Cosner's version of Wyatt Earp. Jurrassic was just too foolish and Cosner managed to make Earp the most boring man who ever lived.

I really don't enjoy saying this because I am a great movie lover and I personally despise other people bashing my favorites. I don't know, to me it feels like bashing a film always makes you come across as a "moron who didn't get it".

The film that bore me to death and totally underwhelmed me, I actually saw just this week on DVD:

VOLVER

... featuring a stunningly beautiful Penelope Cruz.

I thought this film was awfully slow and utterly uninteresting. As a matter of fact this film was so boring, I started counting how many times the actresses were kissing.

What really shocked me though was that this flick ranks at a very good 7.8 or something like that over at IMDB.com, which means a lot of people seemed to have enjoyed the hell out of this one.

Must be a moron after all, huh?

i actually liked Saw III, and i dont care if eveyone else thought it was stupid, what matters is that i liked it!!

if i want to see a movie, i see it, no matter what others say

. . . I personally despise other people bashing my favorites. I don't know, to me it feels like bashing a film always makes you come across as a "moron who didn't get it". . . .
I'm on the flip side of that attitude--if everyone is raving about a certain movie and it's making box-office history on ticket sales its first week out, I'm very reluctant to go see it because, frankly, the general public is not very discriminating about movies and will plunk down good money to watch anything Hollywood throws up (sometimes it seems literally) on the screen. On top of that, there are some stars (Julia Roberts), directors (Oliver Stone), and subjects (mad killers and dead coeds) that don't interest me, so I don't waste time on them. And I also have a propensity (or maybe it's a curse) for spotting holes in movie plots. That doesn't bother most people--as my wife keeps reminding me, "It's only a movie, not a documentary."--but it very much reduces my interest in and appreciation of a film when the scriptwriter and director are too lazy to fill in the holes and assume that I'm so dumb I won't notice.

On the other hand, I realize many people like movies I do not, otherwise a lot of modern actors and directors would be out of work.
Fine, I've got no problem with that.

And some people just don't care for some of my favorite films. My wife, for instance, is bored by Citizen Kane (I took her to a showing when we were dating and married her anyway) and she positively can't stand Shane because of that "whiney, loud-mouth little brat."
No big deal--I've got no money invested in either movie aside from the DVD copies, and my name doesn't appear in any credits, so I've got no personal "pride of ownership" in any of the films I like. So anyone else can like 'em or dislike 'em at will--no skin off my nose either way. I do like to discuss films with people who have a different point of view, but only if they are comfortable doing so.

My brother has tried several times to watch the first of the Lord of the Rings DVD but always falls asleep before the Hobbits get out of the cornfield as they start out their adventure. I saw all three films on the big screen at the movies and thought they were great fun.
Lord of the Rings I have only watched the first in theatre. I thought it was quite dull and I was practically forced to watch the second one which I only got to the half way point before shutting it off. I was never a big fan of magic, dwarfs etc. in the movies. Just not my thing.

I did walk out on Jurrassic Park
I loved Jurassic Park! Even the second one which had a major flaw in it, I enjoy watching. All 3 for that matter and will for sure be in the theatre to catch number 4.

I have to return some videotapes.
Vertical Limit is the only movie that I have actually walked out of. It also was the only movie I have ever attended where people were actually booing. It blew my mind how unbelievably awful it was.

And some people just don't care for some of my favorite films. My wife, for instance, is bored by Citizen Kane (I took her to a showing when we were dating and married her anyway) and she positively can't stand Shane because of that "whiney, loud-mouth little brat."
Shouldn't have her should have

just kidding

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
I think the only movie I've ever walked out of was Thor.

However a crap load of DVD's just don't capture my interest and get turned off.

Miami Vice was one I tried recently.

BTW, when a piece of music is associated with the movie or characters and they DON'T use it at all that sux!

It happened in MV and in the new TMNT movie.

i dont understand how that makes me scary??

the fact you don't like lotr makes you a bit scary. My life changed because of that movie
o-k then!!
that doesnt make me scary!!
everyone likes different movies