10+ Minute Song Tournament

Tools    

Day 2
1. Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing (Alchemy Live)
vs Green Day - Jesus of Suburbia --- If only mark knopfler was not beast himself on that song

2. Devil Doll - The girl who was death vs
Porcupine Tree - Arriving Somewhere But Not
Here

3. Moonsorrow - Pimea vs Yes - Close to The
Edge

4. Camel - Lady Fantasy vs The Doors - When
the Music's Over

Day 2

1. Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing (Alchemy Live) vs Green Day - Jesus of Suburbia - No contest here for me. Didn't much like the Green Day song or the little ingrate in the video

2. Devil Doll - The girl who was death vs Porcupine Tree - Arriving Somewhere But Not Here - wow that Devil Doll song was an epic length. Accompanied me while I was doing a bit of work and I quite liked it. It's like an aural horror film. I did like the other song too

3. Moonsorrow - Pimea vs Yes - Close to The Edge not mad on either so just voted for Yes as they're our long haired prog rock bores

4. Camel - Lady Fantasy vs The Doors - When the Music's Over - really liked both of these. I feel like The Doors will go through easy as it seems like a classic, but I have a soft spot for Camel. My husband liked them back in the 70s when we met, and it's a decent track

OKAY FINALLY! HERE WE GO!

Since the songs are extra long, we will do four matches a day. I'm willing to give voters a little extra time if they needed too, so don't hesitate to ask.

Also of note: I randomized the seeds, so somebody might have their own nominations against each other. It's just part of the game, so that's tough luck.

Round 1, Day 1

1. Boris - Naki Kyoku vs Peter Frampton - Do You Feel Like I Do?

2. Pink Floyd - Echoes vs Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Monheim

3. The Temptations - Papa Was a Rolling Stone vs Led Zeppelin - Achilles Last Stand

4. Oasis - All Around the World vs Led Zeppelin - Carouselambra
1. Frampton
2. GYBE
3. The temptations
4. Zeppelin

Let the night air cool you off
Day 1 results:

Match 1
Score: 5-2
Winner: Boris - Naki Kyoku
Loser: Peter Frampton - Do You Feel Like I Do?

Match 2
Score: 4-3
Winner: Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Monheim
Loser: Pink Floyd - Echoes

Match 3
Winner: Led Zeppelin - Achilles Last Stand
Loser: The Temptations - Papa Was a Rolling Stone

Match 4
Winner: Led Zeppelin - Carouselambra
Loser: Oasis - All Around the World

Day 2 Votes

1. Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing (Alchemy Live) vs Green Day - Jesus of Suburbia

2. Devil Doll - The girl who was death vs Porcupine Tree - Arriving Somewhere But Not Here - I really dug the Devil Doll track. I read a little bit about the band and Mr. Doctor, and it was pretty fascinating. I'd like to listen to more of their work.

3. Moonsorrow - Pimea vs Yes - Close to The Edge

4. Camel - Lady Fantasy vs The Doors - When the Music's Over

Day 3:

1. Marijata - I Walk Alone vs CSNY - Southern
Man

2. Sun Kil Moon - I Watched The Film The
Song Remains The Same vs James Brown -
Papa Don't Take No Mess

3. B.B. King - Lucille vs Supertramp - Fool's
Overture

4. Yes - Yours is No Disgrace vs Television -
Marque Moon

Day 2 is still open, but here's Day 3:

1. Marijata - I Walk Alone vs CSNY - Southern Man - two ace songs. The first I only discovered recently but really like now, the second I've been listening to since 1974 when a French guy I knew gave me the album. I know every lick of that guitar, it's ever been a favourite.

2. Sun Kil Moon - I Watched The Film The Song Remains The Same vs James Brown - Papa Don't Take No Mess - that first song is a lovely song. Reminds me a bit of Nick Drake. My James Brown one goes on too long

3. B.B. King - Lucille vs Supertramp - Fool's Overture - both good, but BB King is more my taste

4. Yes - Yours is No Disgrace vs Television - Marque Moon I don't know how that Marque Moon gets in bet songs over 10 mins lists cos I found it really boring. The other one I'm not mad on either

A system of cells interlinked
1. Marijata - I Walk Alone vs CSNY - Southern Man
Not a huge fan of either of these tracks, really. Southern Man edged it out in the end.

2. Sun Kil Moon - I Watched The Film The Song Remains The Same vs James Brown - Papa Don't Take No Mess No contest here, really.

3. B.B. King - Lucille vs Supertramp - Fool's Overture This one was just not fair!!! I just ove Supertramp, buut come on...B.B. friggin King, man!!! This is the hardest choice of the contest for me so far. Went with my favorite in the end. *Shrugs*

4. Yes - Yours is No Disgrace vs Television - Marque Moon At first glance, I figured I might as well just check off Yes and move on. Alas, the Television track is such a cool song! I had to go with it in the end.

Day 2 results:

Match 1
Score: 6-0
Winner: Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing (Alchemy Live)
Loser: Green Day - Jesus of Suburbia

Match 2
Score: 4-2
Winner: Porcupine Tree - Arriving Somewhere But Not Here
Loser: Devil Doll - The girl who was death

Match 3
Score: 3-3
Tie: Moonsorrow - Pimea vs Yes - Close to The Edge

Match 4
Score: 4-2
Winner: Camel - Lady Fantasy
Loser: The Doors - When the Music's Over

I don't think Destiny has voted on Day 2 yet, so hopefully she will see this not too long from now and help us by breaking the tie we have.