Best Sequel of All-Time

Tools    

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
I'm not posting until I finish directing Braveheart 2!!!!
Yep, tangent boy's back from his holiday!!!
Did ya miss me?........Not even a little?

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Darth Stujitzu
I'm not posting until I finish directing Braveheart 2!!!!
Yep, tangent boy's back from his holiday!!!
Did ya miss me?........Not even a little?
I missed you, and Tacitus has been inconsolable.

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Yeah us Celts need our drinking buddies!
Going to the post office 2moro C, so I'll PM you when I get back!!!

I went Mofo cold-turkey after about 3 days away and had to find an internet cafe, but never fear Darth S is here!

District B13
Legally Blonde 2: Red, White, and Blond

District B13
Originally Posted by ObiWanShinobi
Legally Blonde 2: Red, White, and Blond
Believe me when i say that was a joke.

Anywho, The empire strikes back was pretty flipping awesome, Chewbacca mi Bacca, Princess!

A system of cells interlinked
Believe me when i say that was a joke.

Anywho, The empire strikes back was pretty flipping awesome, Chewbacca mi Bacca, Princess!
I saw the sarcasm, but I am another sarcasrtic fellow, myself, so I see it everyehere...

Movie Forums Member
Umm...Godfather Part 2 hands down - - Kill Bill Vol 2 is also a standout for me but no where near Godfather.

Welcome to the human race...
To be honest, Terminator 2 is highly overrated as a sequel. I honestly prefer the first one.

I agree about Godfather Part II though, if my top 100 is anything to go by.

Other top sequels

Escape from LA (Escape from New York)
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (Raiders of the Lost Ark)
Desperado (El Mariachi)

I might think of more - have to see Evil Dead II, see if it's really "the mother of all sequels".

District B13
Originally Posted by Iroquois
Escape from LA (Escape from New York)
No offense pal, but I consider Escape from New York the real deal when it comes to original action movies with a good setup. LA just copied that and make things less atractive.

For instance, in EFNY we already knew that their were criminals that were tossed there for various reasons, in EFLA we had to learn on and on about how God Hates homos and runaways and drunkards and how htis isn't right to censor them, help this, help that.

Blah. Blah Blah.

Maybe I"m just a prick, but I think EFLA was a horrible and atrocious waste of time.

No offense pal, but I consider Escape from New York the real deal when it comes to original action movies with a good setup. LA just copied that and make things less atractive.

For instance, in EFNY we already knew that their were criminals that were tossed there for various reasons, in EFLA we had to learn on and on about how God Hates homos and runaways and drunkards and how htis isn't right to censor them, help this, help that.

Blah. Blah Blah.

Maybe I"m just a prick, but I think EFLA was a horrible and atrocious waste of time.

WHat you mean Kurt on a surfboard doesnt do it for you? Carpenter blew it on this one, I do not even think he did much more than put his name on it, hard to believe he directed it. Very bad followup to a great movie. Maybe the next one will be called Escape from Dallas, ta know running away from Bulls n stuff.

District B13
To tell you the truth Escape from New York was also poorly done in many respects.

The distinguishing feature behind thriller/action/sciencefiction was not defined and it seem kinda garbled.

But the setting had me from the start, and Kurt Rusell probably made many women guffaw.

Also, the underground pyschos had me the flip piss pants, especially when they *spizoiler* ripped the woman down the floor and ripped off her clothes *spizolier*

The sequel to Fistfull of Dollars owned

It's called The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

"Walk down the right back ally in Sin City, and you'll find anything" Marv

Aliens, Scream 2, A Very Brady Sequel (hey, someone else mentioned this, and it's true!)... that's all I can think of for now.

I am Jack's custom user title...
Originally Posted by OG-
Hannibal hands down
You just made my day OG....i started to think nobody here watches Hannibal movies...so thanks again and yes it is the best sequel along with Godfather.

I am Jack's custom user title...
Originally Posted by Wart
Hannibal as a sequel to Silence of the Lambs. I have a hard time thinking of SOTL as a sequel to MANHUNTER. Different directors, actors, characters. The only thing they had in common was the "concept" of Hannibal Lecter. Cox's Lecter was barely in the movie--although I would have liked to see more of him.

Aliens is my second choice as best sequel.
I'm with you all the way...

There are those who call me...Tim.
The Empire Strikes Back. Perhaps I'm being biased because it's my favourite movie of all time, but this is the most perfect movie I've ever seen.

The Godfather Trilogy - the best Godfather part II

The Fabulous Sausage Man
We're all forgeting about the great sequel that also just happens to be the best film ever made...