The Most Scary Film - Not Horror Rather Real Life...?

Tools    

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
What is the most scary movie you've ever seen...?
I don't mean horror but real life movie.
Aboute something that CAN happened and it's lifelike.
To me it's be An American Crime by Tommy O'Haver.
It's based on true story of torture and murder of young girl.
Watching it I was really scared.
Of how common people can become monsters.

I thought Requiem for a Dream was very scary. I was also frightened by Flight...the idea of airline pilots performing their job under the influence of drugs and alcohols pretty much scared me into never setting foot on a plane again.

wanabe movie critique
war movies like Saving Private Ryan?

127 hours had little something to it. Lost/trapped and helpless! Not good.

I don't watch many of these, but I thought Ted Bundy, the movie, was pretty f-ed up. The stuff that can happen in real life is sometimes more terrifying than fiction.
“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what." - Stephen Fry, The Guardian, 5 June 2005

Make a better place
Eden Lake 2008 just came to my mind

An Austrian film called "Michael" (2011), its about a pedophile keeping a 10-year old boy locked in his basement for 5 months. Other than the sexual abuse, they tend to have a father-son relationship.

Another one is "Hide Your Smiling Faces" (2013). It deals with two teen-age brothers dealing with the suicide of a friend.

The Act of Killing
Citizenfour
Deliver Us From Evil
Dear Zachary

oh, and they're all documentaries.
Jurassic Park Dominion- 0.5/5
What Josiah Saw- (4.5/5)

What is the most scary movie you've ever seen...?
I don't mean horror but real life movie.
Aboute something that CAN happened and it's lifelike.
To me it's be An American Crime by Tommy O'Haver.
It's based on true story of torture and murder of young girl.
Watching it I was really scared.
Of how common people can become monsters.
A horror movie like Hostel or any that doesn't involve supernatural could happen in real life. Hell, even "Saw" could happen in real life as outlandish as it is.

But as far as the topic goes, Prisoners was pretty disturbing.

OH, boy; I would have to say, really, old documentary black/white films from WW2, REAL FILMS, of Hitler, his mistress Eva Braun, and various real films taken of concentration camps the US armies found; with dead, and barely live people in them.Years ago, late night tv, my dad and I watched them, broadcast tv, and they were REAL.(shudder) I didn't feel so much then, but NOW they hardly ever show them.And I try not to remember them.The Nazis were proud of a lot of this,(Eva and her friends frolicking on the beach) and they filmed some of it.Even the gas-chambers. Nothing in fiction was ever quite as bad. Maybe it didn't all LOOK as bad, all the time, but (censored here for this page) piles of formerly-people-just-ashes-now, or heaps of gold teeth, piles of spectacles, oh, ugh. I can't figure out why I watched it, much younger.My dad said,"we should never forget this, lest it be repeated." That's why we watched it. I did not THINK about it, at the time.Now, it really scares me. Cause humans have STILL NOT learned anything from any of it!!--and I know what it looks like, how bad humans get. They are not going to stop being this way, very likely. Horrifying.

war movies like Saving Private Ryan?
I agree, and recently "American Sniper", which scared the Hell out of me, cuz it's based on real person/people, and a real war.Very excellent film.But at one point the sniper says,"That is real evil.(what happens to civilians in war,kids)"Do you want those people coming over here?To the US?(ISIS and terrorists) " Reality is far scarier to me than even bad torture movies(I hate them, & also dislike "Kill Bill.")

Maybe I know too much about scary reality, even "A Tale of 2 Sisters" can't match it. I do know, reality can drive people literally insane.(A friend's mother was a kid in Germany, and saw literally thousands of dead, she became schizophrenic, died in a bad mental institution)."Chinatown" was horrifying; very realistic, stuff like that happens. Part of "Catch 22," when the guy's friend is killed, in front of him. Another friend of mine, years ago, was a "hidden Jew" in France, as a kid, with her mom.She got very depressed as an adult. But, they both lived thru it. Death isn't always the worst thing.(Dying is very painful.) Sometimes seeing the worst reality, and living thru it, is worse than Death. I did see the movie of "The Rape of Nanking", that was bad. Pain can be worse than anything scarier.

The Current U.S.Fed. govt. & the Fed.Reserve is far scarier than Vincent Price!! HAW HAW HAW!!!
Name:  evil_smile.gif hoppy.gif
Views: 922
Size:  1.4 KB

Name:  __Is_that____candy____by_Nayelianne.gif
Views: 915
Size:  5.1 KB

I don't watch many of these, but I thought Ted Bundy, the movie, was pretty f-ed up. The stuff that can happen in real life is sometimes more terrifying than fiction.
oh, boy, do the "politically-correct" folks here get "offended"; they practically kill you!! (they would, if they could bend the law.)
Attached Images

For some great emotional horror, check out Labute's In The Company of Men or The Shape of Things
In the Company of Men is scary in that, a lot of men do hate women that much.You saw the foreign ,first version of "the girl with the Dragon Tatto" which is really named "Men who hate women"? That's the best version, with Engl. subtitles.

I worked long ago,(must have been the 70's) for a company in San Francisco, CA, a non-profit, that placed women, trained them, in men's union, blue-collar jobs, with good pay.Well, I read transcripts of what HAPPENED TO lots of those women workers; the blue-collar union guys were SO THREATENED, by the single women coming in, they ganged up on them, and drove them literally out of their jobs.(whew) they drove just about all of them back into pink collar work, at threat of rape, assault, violence, & they DID those things too!! those women did NOT GET enough support, to stay safely in those union jobs.

It was pathetic. Talk about "gangland-attacks!" The unions never protected them. it reminds me of the army, now.The guys were scared to death, those women would GET IN, get good wages, come right in, and move in.They did everything but outright murder.(that I know of) They lit. assaulted the new women workers, right OUT.Man, those guys were ORGANIZED. yeah, they would have killed them, if they coulda got away with it.They got rid of most, or all, of them. That whole non-profit was pretty much a failure. I don't know NOW, if women got into blue-collar work, now. Sexual- & romantic deceit is no where as bad. (my opinion.) Very bad experience.
Attached Images

Behold:

Now, eat your words!

lol that's funny - only thing it was missing was the "Hello, I want to play a game" recording

Actually the evil inside me scares me sometimes. Or sometimea a powerful truth about failure in my life. But I think the scariest thing of all is the thing that even demons fear.

Actually the evil inside me scares me sometimes. Or sometimea a powerful truth about failure in my life. But I think the scariest thing of all is the thing that even demons fear.
God? Or you? I'm confused? What do demons fear?