Which is the best Batman?

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
I think she means it's underrated compared to DK.
Her comment says nothing of the kind, so nope.

And no, the first Batman is not anywhere NEAR as good as Nolan's films..... It's not a Batman film, it's a Joker film.

& Dark Knight wasn't..
But then again I do agree with your post.

Burton's films were more about the art style.. Nolan added the grittiness in a plot that Batman movie deserves..
But Nolan fails a bit to make an interesting Batman character... Batman/Bruce was more interesting in Batman Begins than DK... Even Harvey Dent was more interesting than Bruce..

The best thing about all the Batman adaptations is that they are significant for their time period & even beyond that..
Warren Ellis wrote a special Batman issue (One-shot) for Planetary based on Batman.. I learned to appreciate all versions of Batman coz of this comic. It really changed my outlook.

Semper Fooey
The Batcave was first introduced in the 1943 serial. Doctor Daka was a lame villain, but this is otherwise one of the better Columbia serials. Lewis Wilson was the youngest Batman, about 22 at the time, younger than some Robins.

&feature=related

Keep on Rockin in the Free World

not sure if they have cast bat-girl or not, but i wouldnt be upset.

batman returns

Well, the very first Batman, aka Tim Burton's, was great. I love that movie. I would have to say, though, that the one I think is the best is The Dark Knight. Not to mention any cliches, or anything.

Batman 1989, followed by the Dark Knight. Don't dig much of Begins at all...

Well, the very first Batman, aka Tim Burton's, was great. I love that movie. I would have to say, though, that the one I think is the best is The Dark Knight. Not to mention any cliches, or anything.
Just to clarify, because it bugs me when people think something is the original which isn't, the 1989 Tim Burton Batman was not the very first. Adam West and Burt Ward starred in the 1966 feature film Batman, which was based on their television show (and is loads of fun to watch). And prior to that there were two theatrical serials based on the characters, 1943's Batman and 1949's Batman and Robin. Personally, I also think the 1989 Batman is still the best of the Batman films (Batman Begins put me off so much that I haven't even seen The Dark Knight yet), but I just felt the need to point out it wasn't the very first. I get kind kind of nit-picky that way. Sorry.

Semper Fooey
I liked Batman Returns best, but I thought the story didn't make much sense either. Who in their right mind would try to make the Penguin mayor? The origins for both Penguin and Catwoman were way different from the comic book and didn't hang together. Catwoman's origin was what, supernatural? Penguin was a freak his parents tried to kill? He wants to find them. but they are already dead? It was like an interesting plot set up and they tossed it away.

love the old batman tv series, some of the greatest in my opinion

but i love the dark knight, that would be my favorite batman movie

tim burtons batmans were unique in a way, there was such athmosphere in those movies i have never seen in the later batmen lol

Cause it's funny sh*t g_p.

Semper Fooey
Let us not forget Filipino Batman.

And Turkish Batman with James Bond music, Bruce and Dick hanging out in strip bars ("Holy bosoms, Batman!"), and lots of ambiguously gay fighting moves.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Batman Returns is probably my favorite too, but I do agree there are gaping plot holes. Like how did the Penguin get the blueprints for the batmobile? But then a lot of the plot holes were not the fault of Tim Burton, Warner Brothers studios really were nervous about a lot of the film and changes made to the characters, that they made them re-write a great deal of it. Like Max Shreck (Christopher Walken) was intended to be the Penguin's brother which is why he targets him in the first place, and the original intended ending, with hundreds of babies floating down the sewer, which was to mirror the beginnig sequence of the film, was cut because they thought it was just too cruel.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Batman returns has 2 of my favorite Batman scenes from any series/franchise.

1: Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle are the only 2 people at the masquerade party who are not wearing mask. This is the scene where they figure out who each other are. I love that scene.

2: "And Bruce Wayne? Why the hell are you dressed up like Batman?"

"Because he IS Batman, you moron!"