Sad Songs Song Tournament

Tools    

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Sadly Starless is too long for this one Lil Dev.
oh dear, have to chose another one then

Black Sabbath - Solitude [Cathedral cover version]

[quote=Sarge;1666683]Pink Floyd - Wish you were here
[quote]

already win a song tournament! Great song

@Derek Vinyard - I don't think it's too late, is it GBG?
@Nestorio_Miklos - I love that you nominated Edith Piaf, the little sparrow and Nathalie is a cracker! only a Frenchman could get love, the October Revolution and Lenin's tomb and hot chocolate in one song!

Legend in my own mind
[quote=Derek Vinyard;1666875][quote=Sarge;1666683]Pink Floyd - Wish you were here

already win a song tournament! Great song
Is this for sure? So I have to change again? So many hoops to jump through

[quote=Sarge;1666891][quote=Derek Vinyard;1666875]
Pink Floyd - Wish you were here

Is this for sure? So I have to change again? So many hoops to jump through
Come on Sarge you can do it! Don't lose heart there's so many sad 'uns out there. We do have a rule that if a song has won a tournament it doesn't get nominated again as it's already reached it's highest pinnacle.

You're not allowed to give up now

Legend in my own mind
[quote=christine;1666897][quote=Sarge;1666891]

Come on Sarge you can do it! Don't lose heart there's so many sad 'uns out there. We do have a rule that if a song has won a tournament it doesn't get nominated again as it's already reached it's highest pinnacle.

You're not allowed to give up now
And how does one know if a song has already won a tournament before without trawling through loads of threads?

it should be a sticky somewhere shouldn't it?
Not sure that's necessary - I normally just link to the latest complete one in the blurb at the start of a tourney so people can use it for reference if needed. Problem with a sticky is only either the person that created it or a mod can update it.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Thanks GBG for telling me. Must be some restriction there in it as I can play it just nicely. I agree to your link and going to change it right now. Thank you.

I added the second link as an alternate link for U.S. MoFos.

I added the noms for @d_chatterley @Chypmunk @Sarge @mistique and @Derek Vinyard so all the nominations should be updated in the first post. If anyone notices any problems with their noms, (or anyone else's noms), please let me know.

@GBG can I swap my Bob Dylan's Dream for Anthony and the Johnsons' - Hope There's Someone

The recording of the Dylan one is bad, and I can't find the studio versions on youtube.
ta
I changed the Bob Dylan song for the Anthony and the Johnsons' song.

I changed 'Starless" to the Black Sabbath song.

GBG, when did you plan on starting this? Are you still at six players?
We're at 10 players right now. I have to double-check that all the links work here in the U.S., and I think we're only waiting for your other 7 noms, then I can see if we need to add more songs to make this a standard 128 song tournament.

We'll probably start on Tuesday if all the noms are in.

Do you usually not vote when your own song is paired against another? Or do you vote regardless of it?

You vote in every match, even if your songs are in it. You have to listen to both songs, and vote for the song you like more. (You would be surprised at how many people vote against their own nominations sometimes.)