What was the last movie you saw at the theaters?

Tools    

Superbad (2007 - Greg Mottola)

Saw this one Tuesday night but never got around to doing a write-up. It's a funny, raunchy little movie, but while I laughed throughout I was definitely disappointed. Being co-written by Seth Rogan and produced by Judd Apatow, I had higher expectations. Sadly for me it's more like Porky's crossed with Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle than The 40-Year-Old Virgin or "Freaks & Geeks". For what it is, plenty of laughs, but I wanted a more reality and character-driven story than hijinx.

Jonah Hill and "Arrested Development"'s Michael Sera are both solid in the lead roles as two anti-social geeks trying to make their way to one drunken party before they graduate from High School, but there simply isn't the kind of depth and subtlty to their characters that the teenagers on the truly brilliant but cancelled "Freaks & Geeks" or "Undeclared" had. And since they are given pretty basic stuff to play, it's the supporting roles and the B story that are the true highlight of the movie. Christopher Mintz-Plasse plays their even geekier friend Fogell, aka McLovin' according to his newly acquired fake I.D. He is tasked with getting the alcohol that will be their golden ticket that will allow them to mix with the cool kids, but he gets separated from the other two and spends the entire night with two insane, irresponsible and hysterical police officers, played by Bill Hader and Seth Rogan himself. While thier storyline is way over-the-top, since the rest of the movie isn't grounded in very much interesting and revealing reality anyway it's a welcome sidetrack. Mintz-Plasse's McLovin' is the best thing in the movie, by far, and while that's fun and often very funny stuff it also highlights how far afield it is from the movie I wanted with the Apatow brand-name attached. The subject of teenagers attending drunken parties for the first time and hoping to start sexual experimentation could have been tackled with more insight and originality, and still just as many laughs.

Oh, well.

Definitely fun, surely worth seeing, but all I wanted to do when I got home is spin the DVD of "Freaks & Geeks" with the episode where Lindsay throws the party at her house when her parents leave town for the weekend.

GRADE: B-
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I caught a double feature at the drive-in
Wow, they still have Drive-in's in America! they have all closed down here many years ago

license to wed

The Simpsons Movie

Wow, they still have Drive-in's in America! they have all closed down here many years ago
We actually have one still around. You usually have to get there 2 hours before the movies because the place is too packed and some cars are turned around because of too much business.

Why they got rid of it only God knows.

We actually have one still around. You usually have to get there 2 hours before the movies because the place is too packed and some cars are turned around because of too much business.
Oh, ok, I miss going to the drive-in theater

We have one a little ways out from where I live though. Maybe a 45minute drive on the highway.
I was talking about it with my friend the other day. Always double features and the tickets are 11 bucks. On Saturday's I believe there are triple features for the same price.

The 2 currently playing there now are I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry, and The Bourne Ultimatum.

I've only been to a drive-in once when I was like 8 years old so it would be nice to get there again one day again in the near future.

im going to see the simpsons movie tonight

I watched a New Zealand film called black sheep. It's quite a ridiculous concept although slightly original and unique: About sheep zombies that attack humans hahaha. Some funny lines about New Zealanders and sheep and the gore was enough to keep me entertained. 7/10 although other reviewers are giving it 5 stars...

Hard to Find Movies Addict!
I saw The Bourne Ultimatum and before that Pan's Labrynth

I watched a New Zealand film called black sheep. It's quite a ridiculous concept although slightly original and unique: About sheep zombies that attack humans hahaha. Some funny lines about New Zealanders and sheep and the gore was enough to keep me entertained. 7/10 although other reviewers are giving it 5 stars...
It was reviewed on "The Movie Show" here, both Critics both gave it 1/5

Pan's Labyrinth. Truly awesome and wrenching.

A system of cells interlinked
how did you see that in theatre ?

He probably bought a ticket, went in and sat down, and watched the screen.

I would think there is a theater nearby playing a return engagement, perhaps? We have some theaters that do that here in Boston...