Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses

Knife in the Water (1962, Roman Polanski)

I like how the woman who stays in the shadow throughout most of the film calmly maintains control of the situation, plays the two men like the children that they are, and comes out the winner in the end.

Loved the tight plot, the tensions bubbling underneath the more or less civil facade, the subtle dynamic between the three characters, and on top of it all, the absolutely beautiful, crisp black-and-white cinematography by Jerzy Lipman (who also worked with Andrzej Wajda). A classic, deservedly so.
Great movie. Wonderful tension. Saw it twice I loved it so much.

Yaga. Koshmar tyomnogo lesa (2020)
aka Baba Yaga: Terror of the Dark Forest

A Russian horror with typical Russian problems. As usual, it's heavily influenced by recent western productions (this time mainly IT and Dark - I'm also getting some Stranger Things vibes but I'm pretty sure I should be thinking something else, something I just can't remember now). There's quite a lot to like but the lack of original ideas and a rather weak acting weigh heavily against it. I just can't give it a higher rating while there are moments I'd like to.

No clue what would be my favorite British movie, but this is definitely a classic of British cinema.

Tender Mercies (1983, Bruce Beresford)

A very simple, very low-key but also a very heartfelt family drama about a washed-up alcoholic country singer trying to leave his old life behind and start a new one while inevitably having to grapple with the ghosts of the past that keep haunting him. It didn't blow me away or anything but it was very good - short, sweet and to the point. Robert Duvall's beautifully understated performance in this film won him an Academy Award for Best Actor.

Never Rarely Sometimes Always (2020)

A teen deals with an unwanted pregnancy, not much of a story and even though I didn't see anything original or memorable about it, it was pretty good. I think it could've used a little more balance with it's portrayal of how women are treated by men. The director is probably a liberal feminist.

I could talk about how this is a pretty lame horror movie with tons of predictable jumpscares, paper-thin characters and the fact that they have no reason whatsoever to be carrying around their devices during a life or death situation, but first of all (1) This was made by amateurs during a pandemic in the space of twelve weeks, which is pretty impressive (Most bad horror movies would be EVEN WORSE if made in this scenario, so maybe this could've been alot better if it wasn't for the pandemic), and second of all (2) I get a thrill out of these types of horror films, no matter how poorly made they are, so my rating reflects how entertained I was.

But for real, I really wanna see one of these computer screen movies where it's just a group of friends arguing on Discord and it slowly tears their friendship apart, with no horror elements at all.
I could try and make it but my friend group is about as organized as a rubix cube in a waiting room lol.

The Photographer of Mauthausen 2018

Greyhound 2020

Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

I love ensemble movies. I enjoyed this one.
I might have already said this before, but I also find that it holds up pretty well on a second viewing. Just a lot of details to notice in the sets and also in the performances a second time around.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

A very simple, very low-key but also a very heartfelt family drama about a washed-up alcoholic country singer trying to leave his old life behind and start a new one while inevitably having to grapple with the ghosts of the past that keep haunting him. It didn't blow me away or anything but it was very good - short, sweet and to the point. Robert Duvall's beautifully understated performance in this film won him an Academy Award for Best Actor.

I DVRed Tender Mercies from PBS over the weekend, but I haven't had a chance to watch it yet. I've heard great things about this movie, so I'm looking forward to it.

Unregistered User

I really liked this too. Duvall was great.

Night Moves (2013)

Thriller about 3 environmentalists who bomb a dam that they believe is ruining their immediate environment and the repercussions of their actions. Well plotted and paced and a bit of an open ending. Maybe a bit unrealistic in that the idealists (bar the Peter Sarsgaard character) seem terribly naive about the punishment they will receive, if caught, till after the incident. Surely they would have known the gravity of blowing up a dam!

“I was cured, all right!”

Very good movie with a lot of great moments.

Yes, I know I'm alone in this but I trully see greatness in this movie.
Emily Blunt's character was the weakest part of the first one imo (naive cop cliche that doesnt understand the war). Now, only the strong characters remains. It's all I wanted and more!

A Good Michael Bay movie!
Can't believe I just said that...haha

"Os Donos da Verdade"

Brazilian documentary about STF - Supremo Tribunal Federal -, our Supreme Court, their s**t fest and the plot against our President and people. English subtitles enable but be warned: This is the free version, so there are some publicity.

"A verdadeira história da Rota"

Mini doc about the history of ROTA, one of the Elites of our Police.

I might have already said this before, but I also find that it holds up pretty well on a second viewing. Just a lot of details to notice in the sets and also in the performances a second time around.
I totally agree that full appreciation of the brilliance of this film requires more than a single viewing.

The Mack 1973 Directed by Michael Campus

+

The Hollywood Knights 1980 Directed by Floyd Mutrux

Stir Crazy 1980 Directed by Sidney Poitier

+

Dressed to Kill 1980 Directed by Brian De Palma

+

Body Double 1984 Directed by Brian De Palma

+

About Last Night… 1986 Directed by Edward Zwick

(double headsets, works every time )

Just finished the[Dolimite]movie with Eddie Murphy,and it was cool-I give it a [10].