The Godfather: a survey

Tools    

Hello everyone,

I thought this would be a nice thread where we can see what different age groups think about The Godfather.

1.your age

2.at what age did you first see The Godfather (part I)

3.rate The Godfather (part I) from a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the highest) If you would like to rate part II and III, please do so.

4.what elements of the film (acting, script, cinematography, lighting, story, etc) did you like/dislike?

Thank you for your time

1. your age

Thirty-five.

2. at what age did you first see The Godfather?

Don't remember for sure. Probably around twelve or so.

3. rate The Godfather on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the highest). If you would like to rate part II and III, please do so.
  • The Godfather
    TEN out of TEN
  • The Godfather Part II
    TEN out of TEN
  • The Godfather Part III
    SIX out of TEN

4. what elements of the film (acting, script, cinematography, lighting, story, etc) did you like/dislike?

I like everything about it, it's one of the best films ever made.

For other eixsting threads where The Godfather is discussed in some detail, click HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE. Also check out Dolarhydecb's post HERE
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Can we try with real bullets now?
1. your age

Sixteen

2. At what age did you see The Godfather?

Thirteen

3. Rate the Godfather movie on a scale of 1-10

4. what elements of the film (acting, script, cinematography, lighting, story, etc) did you like/dislike?

I loved everything about the film, especially the story

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
My Age;

What age I first saw the Godfather films;

Early teens.

Rate the films out of ten;

Godfather 9/10

Godfather 2 9/10

Godfather 3 7/10

Elements of the film I liked;

Obviously the acting and cast are outstanding, the direction is excellent, the general look of the films no matter what period in time is great, can't think of any negatives, the Godfather 3 is not as strong as the rest, but still enjoyable.

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

I am having a nervous breakdance
I am thirty years old and I was about ten years when I first saw the film The Godfather which I would rate as a 10/10. I can think of a few objections to the film but of no reasons to dislike it. If I had to rate the other Godfather films I would rate part II 10/10 and part III 7/10.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

First Viewing: 13

Rating: 10/10

I loved the story and acting the most out of everything

Here to support the villians.......
1. Age?

2.at what age did you first see The Godfather (part I)?
around 13 or 14

3.rate The Godfather (part I) from a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the highest) If you would like to rate part II and III, please do so.
The Godfather- 10/10
The Godfather Part 2- 9.5/10
The Godfather Part 3- 6.5/10

4.what elements of the film (acting, script, cinematography, lighting, story, etc) did you like/dislike?
The acting, the script everything about the movie is truly awesome.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
1.your age

Part 1 : 10/10

The ending montage was brilliant. Acting was top-notch, script was good, but made better by direction, lighting was great.

Suspect's Reviews

1.your age

somewhere in my teens (18, 19)

Part 1 8 (because most of it was filmed not only in my home town (long beach) but because it was filmed in and around the island)

Part 2 7(liked the history part)

Part 3 5

see above....i liked pacino also

We can't stop here!
10/10
Best overall cast of pretty much any movie. Not like some others where one actor carries all the weight.

Do you know my poetry?
1. your age?

Fifteen

2. at what age did you first see The Godfather?

Thirteen

3. rate The Godfather (part I) from a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the highest) If you would like to rate part II and III, please do so.

The Godfather
TEN out of TEN

The Godfather Part II
EIGHT out of TEN

The Godfather Part III
EIGHT out of TEN

In my first viewing, I was a tee bit dissapointed in the overall structure of it. In my second viewing, I found absolutely nothing wrong with it. It's perfect.

age I saw The Godfather: 14
Rate The Godfather: 9/10
elements liked: The story

Movie Forums Member
1) I am 19 years old.

2) I saw the first Godfather when I was 10.

3) I would have to give part one a 12/10 and part 2 a 12/10 also. I'm not commenting on 3.

4) The acting was superb and still is. Pacino was amazing while he developed from the young innocent Michael into the Godfather. The whole sequence through Italy was just amazing filming and there is nothing comparable to it. The writing dished out some of the best lines ever, (a man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man...) and the characters developed perfectly. A++++ for me.

1. 19

2. 13 or 14

3. Godfather & Godfather Part II are both 10/10. Godfather III is at most a 5/10.

4. Everything - I could watch Sonny get shot up every day

A system of cells interlinked
1. 33

2. 15

3. 5/5

4. One of the best films ever made....

here are the results:

average age: 24

average age when first saw Godfather: 15

average rating: 9.88

aspect most liked: acting

Man of La Movies

First Saw: 15

The Godfather: 10/10
The Godfather Part 2: 10/10
The Godfather Part 3: 5/10

Everything about the film is brilliant. There is not a single weak performance until the third movie. Pacino, De Niro, Duvall, Caan, and Brando are fabulous. Diane Keaton is tremendously emotional and adds to the predominantly male cast. Just an absolutely wonderful film...I tend to think of 1 and 2 as one film, as that is how the book is written, with 1 intercut with 2. Still hoping that they eventually re-edit the film like the book, but I don't think I'll hold my breath.

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart

My Reputation: Holy Crap, I'm Well thought of!!!?? I think we're going a little far here??