Superhero movies
47.62%
10 votes
Yah
52.38%
11 votes
Nah
21 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I am someone who begins to feel tired of superhero movies, whether it is marvel or dc.

What's your thoughts on Superhero movies? Yah or Nah?

I am someone who begins to feel tired of superhero movies, whether it is marvel or dc.

What's your thoughts on Superhero movies? Yah or Nah?
I think it's been difficult getting used to the quantity of superhero movies. Also there are franchises that I haven't seen even now and probably wouldn't want to. Guardians of the Galaxy for instance I can see isn't my cup of tea.

The most loathsome of all goblins
I voted yah only because I believe superhero movies can be good, even great. However, I do find the way they've taken over Hollywood to be... somewhat irritating. It makes one miss the days of Arnold, Sly and Harrison Ford.

Yah - looking at what I'm going to likely see this summer half of them are "superhero" films

Wonder Woman
Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Spiderman Homecoming
Valerian and the City of Wonders
Dark Tower

Alien Covenant
The Beguilled
Baywatch
It Comes at Night
Dunkirk
Wind River
War of the Planet of the Apes

I don't think GOTG qualifies; they're comic book movies, but none of the characters are super-heroes. Which is probably why it's the only MCU series I give a toss about.

In today's world where there are way too many unnecessary reboots/remakes, it at least makes sense when it happens with superheroes with artists and writers different takes of the characters over the years

Not unless the movie can bring it's own unique tone in it. Now a days super hero movies are trying to be like The Dark Knight Trilogy (dark and greedy) or like Marvel movies (Fun action, jokes here and there).

Load of nonsense.

Every single one is more or less the same:

-Weak backstory introduced
-Love interest introduced
-We see some hard times for the main character
-Insert some awful one line jokes
-There's a huge CGI fight
-The bad guys look to gain the upper hand
-Love interest is captured and / or dies
-There's another huge CGI fight
-Good guy wins with the possibility of another bad guy emerging to make some more money for the studio in the form of a sequel
-The End.

These films are normally just a money making scheme at the expense of any artistic integrity.

They should be filed under the same category as 'Coldplay' and the last 2 seasons of 'Friends'. These films are lapped up at the box office because they translate to the lowest common denominator.

This is pretty much the thought process behind them.