Tarantino's Django Unchained

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Before the trailer played I was thinking to myself it was going to be like True Grit, then Johnny Cash started playing and I screamed "I knew it!!"

Suspect's Reviews

Huh until I saw the trailer I thought it was pronounced
De-je-yano
Sounded abit to Italian to be a black name. I already new it would look great and it did.

I saw the trailer and even though I have my reservations about how QT will handle this subject matter. The Trailer did look cool. It looked like a Blaxpoltation film but in western style. But SMH @ the tagline. "Django OFF THE CHAIN", Really, lol. But again I hoping QT could even surprise me and actually make a good revenge flick about a slave. The Screenplay was over 145 pages so I know a lot of stuff got cut out. Overall I can't lie, I was impressed by the trailer, the cast is good but let's see if the movie is. But the tone of the trailer made the movie seem a little comedic and I don't about taking that approach with this. I was hoping for a series slave revenge flick.

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
I saw the trailer and even though I have my reservations about how QT will handle this subject matter. The Trailer did look cool. It looked like a Blaxpoltation film but in western style. But SMH @ the tagline. "Django OFF THE CHAIN", Really, lol. But again I hoping QT could even surprise me and actually make a good revenge flick about a slave. The Screenplay was over 145 pages so I know a lot of stuff got cut out. Overall I can't lie, I was impressed by the trailer, the cast is good but let's see if the movie is. But the tone of the trailer made the movie seem a little comedic and I don't about taking that approach with this. I was hoping for a series slave revenge flick.

I wouldn't put too much weight into the whole comedic atmosphere. Basterds was marketed in a similar way.

If it's one thing we all should have learned over the years, it's that trailers don't mean *****. Gotta watch the film, only then will you know. Inglourious Basterds was a great film, but Death Proof isn't that far away.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Looks great, I actually hope that the comedic tone of the trailer is prevalent in the film, I really liked it. I'll see this no matter what though.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

That actually is a good trailer. I'm still not excited about this, but that's a lot better than I expected.

Christoph Waltz as a "Dentist"/Bounty Hunter has me sold. He was far and away the best part of Inglourious Basterds.

New trailer already. More or less an extended version of the one we saw before, but I like it a bit better. Looking pretty good.

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/new-fu...ined-watch-now

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
New trailer already. More or less an extended version of the one we saw before, but I like it a bit better. Looking pretty good.

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/new-fu...ined-watch-now
Thanks for posting. Looking good, looking good.

Hell yeah!

Also: DiCaprio's Oscar win? Could be.
Atleast a nomination, I also see him getting a main role one for The Great Gatsby. But it's to early to tell

Yeah, DiCaprio is a solid actor, no doubt, but lets not jump the gun on the oscar talk, yeah? Not every actor who plays a villian in a Tarantino film is going to win an oscar.

Expected something different to be honest. Well, there is always DVD.