Adam Sandler: opinions? why do so many people think he's no longer funny?

Tools    

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
I can tolerate Adam Sandler to a point. Eight Crazy Nights was by far his best. I loved Billy Madison. Happy Gilmore was funny, mostly because he got his ass whooped by Bob Barker. Airheads was good as well. The rest of his movies I can live without.

They all have powers that give them traits of various animals and they play on a Football team and moonlight as Gigolos...

... of course, all three would either be mentally handicapped or crack jokes about the handicapped at every given opportunity.

Zohan might just be his best film. If I watched it now for the first time, I would probably dislike it, but because I watched it during a time when I didn't overanalyze films or take them too seriously, especially stupid comedies like this, I am not ashamed to admit that I quite liked it.

Not Enough Time
^I was surprised when I liked Zohan too. I thought it would be way worse. My friend's boyfriend made me watch it, but he also would pick a movie he liked and watched it over and over and over and over and over and over.....
Once was enough

"If dreams are like movies then memories are films about ghosts"

His type of comedy killed him i guess. Everyone think he's funny, but not hilarious. He's a funny guy who makes some face expressions that make us laugh, but his roles are always pretty similar. But i think he's a little bit tired of making so many movies, and almost of them are pretty bad, so i guess Adam Sandler will never change. He will be always a funny guy, but an average funny guy

We've gone on holiday by mistake
because he was never funny in the first place.

Adam Sandler to me has the same issues that lots of comedians I have loved have. He failed to create new comedy, he had a formula and a character that worked for a few movies and made him a bizillionaire so he has continued to recycle it over and over and over and over. You get the point. Martin, Candy, Chase, Farley, Carey and Sandler all had comedies that made me laugh as hard as I ever have. All drove their shtick into the ground till I no longer cared about them. I fear Ferrell is next unless Anchorman 2 is his turn around.

I think a lot of people like him because they can relate to him as an average guy who is like somebody they may know. He's not a brilliant comedian or a great actor but he's had a couple really good films and performances. In this respect, he is kind of like Seth Rogen to me. They've both made their fair share of stinkers, but there is a place for that brand of entertainment.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
There are a few Adam Sandler films I like. Grown Ups is one of my favourites, the Expendables of comedy actors that no one really likes, Happy Gilmore is great and The Waterboy is probably my favourite of his films. I like his early stuff a lot more than his later stuff, before he started casting that idiot Nick Swardson in every single one of his films.

Ugh, Zohan sucked.

I guess people have gotten tired of his one-note comedic roles.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

The only movie with Sandler in it I've actually enjoyed is Airheads. Also probably the only movie with Chris Farley in it that I've ever enjoyed.

The Wedding Singer's a good movie. Happy Gilmore's really, really funny at points. Big Daddy is weird, but has some really good bits in it.

Like anyone with an odd sense of humor and a lot of success, he gets dumped on more than he should. When someone is really successful, and they're merely mediocre, people tend to call that terrible.

Anyway, he's had a bad run over the last few years, I guess; his comedy's been smoothed out and doesn't even take the weird, aggressive risks that made him famous in the first place, so naturally all that's gotten louder.

I don't understand why some people like The Waterboy, really a terrible annoying film.
It might be this lady.

She was the only reason I watched it and the only reason I made it to the end. And this is a good Sandler film.

Dude, Sandler has made a lot of *****, but even his worst movies I have seen do not even compare to the mess that was Freddy Got Fingered. THAT was simply awful.
Here's how bad I believe Freddy Got Fingered to be. Drew has a cameo and I've still not even seen the film. Forget not owning it. I've not seen it. I even own this, and I think Stiller is less funny than Sandler.

That's how bad I think FGF is.