Matrix Trilogy VS The LOTR trilogy

→ in
Tools    

Me bored...

Two totally different films....But equally good in my opinion

Both movies had great special effects...But sadly LOTR won over a dozen of awards...One of them being best special effects..I found this to be total BS! In Matrix Revolutions the battle scene between the proximities(Think thats what they call them) against the people was probally one of the best battle scenes I have seen...Althou the thing to cost The matrix revos special effects was at Zion..The walls were dark..
So they didnt go into detail with the flying robot sperm things...They thought they would get away with it..Having the darks wall blend in..So they wouldnt have to design it better..That cost them the special effects =(

LOTR battle scenes was intense, But some of the effects were total crap (mostly the trolls, Himan like trees and so on)

Hmmmm Im trying to decide which of them great 2 trilogies I like best =(

Originally Posted by Firebug911
Both movies had great special effects...
Which two films are you talking about?

...and are we trying to decide which trilogy was better, or which had the best special effects?

A system of cells interlinked

LOTR battle scenes was intense, But some of the effects were total crap (mostly the trolls, Himan like trees and so on)
=(

The Trolls?? So perfectly done, please explain a flaw with this magnificent effect. The only effects in LotR that I thought were sub-standard were the ghost people from under the mountain. Looked like the ghosts on that ride at Disneyland.

I thought they were well done Sedai, though I might be biased given this is the scene I was most anticipating in the film. I loved watching Viggo stare down the dead king and then having the green dead guys floating off the ship and overwhelming everyone.

My Top 100 favorite movies.

Oh I liked the scene, but I felt that, compared to everything else, they were the effect that might be called flawed. Certainly not the trolls. I have watched the fight where the troll stabs Frodo a dozen or so times, and at no point do the effects falter. Just so convincing.

Neutral Milk Hotel
First Off LOTR is much better in my opinion. Only the First Matrix was good, The other two were just non stop fighting it was meaningless to me. An the Effects In LOTR that were Cheesey was when it shows Gandalf on a Horse in the Begining of ROTK and at the End of TTT when it shows Gandalf, Theoden, Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas, Gamli, and Eomer at the top of the Hill of Helms Deep. Thats Why I like THe Fellowship the best, there were no cheesey effects.
" I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, whe we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. May and hour of wolves and shattered shields before the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we Fight! For all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand men of the west!!"
-Aragorn: The Lord of the Rings the Return of the King

Originally Posted by Sedai
The Trolls?? So perfectly done,
I agree. And they're definitely better than the CGi humans in The Matrix Reloaded.
The only effects in LotR that I thought were sub-standard were the ghost people from under the mountain. Looked like the ghosts on that ride at Disneyland.
I thought they looked pretty good up close. But I didn't like it when they swarmed the battle field, it looked like a cartoon.

The only effects I didn't like in LOTR were the height differentials. In one scene, Elijah was two feet tall and in the next he looked five. But I'm just nitpicking, LOTR was much better than the Matrix

Feed me breadcrumbs
Talk is cheap,

LOTR is obviously far better.

Me bored...

Both movies had great special effects...But sadly LOTR won over a dozen of awards...One of them being best special effects..I found this to be total BS! In Matrix Revolutions the battle scene between the proximities(Think thats what they call them) against the people was probally one of the best battle scenes I have seen...Althou the thing to cost The matrix revos special effects was at Zion..The walls were dark..
So they didnt go into detail with the flying robot sperm things...They thought they would get away with it..Having the darks wall blend in..So they wouldnt have to design it better..That cost them the special effects =(

Hmmmm Im trying to decide which of them great 2 trilogies I like best =(
In my personal opinion the two cannot be compared. However, I think the LOTR trilogy to be far more consistent in quality and a bit more classic. The Matrix was a great movie, the next two films, not so much. They were fun to watch, but didn't evoke the coolness and utter awe that I felt watching the first one.

Haha. This whole netire thread reminds me of when I sat in the corner of my english class, surrounded by four indian guys who spent the whole entire period arguing over what was better The matrix of LOTR. Every now and then I would interject my statement and sort of get snubbed. Hmph.
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

The Trolls?? So perfectly done, please explain a flaw with this magnificent effect. The only effects in LotR that I thought were sub-standard were the ghost people from under the mountain. Looked like the ghosts on that ride at Disneyland.
I agree. It wasn't that the effects were bad; just the concept. I don't think WETA Digital fell short; I just think the concept artists went in the wrong direction there.

The trolls were pretty good, though in the first flick the cave troll's scene had some odd, dark bluish lighting, which made it look less "crisp" than some of the creatures seen in daylight.

Anyway, there's no comparison between the two trilogies, for any number of reasons. The strength of the last act in both trilogies is the biggest reason, however.

once again i think the 3rd movies scrued both trilogies up but althogether LOTR was much better done, althought when the ghosts attaked the elephants in the last movie and showed them running u the castle, that was just an excuse to get the movie to end quiker

Originally Posted by inibriated
once again i think the 3rd movies scrued both trilogies up but althogether LOTR was much better done, althought when the ghosts attaked the elephants in the last movie and showed them running u the castle, that was just an excuse to get the movie to end quiker
I thought Return of the King was fantastic...How did it screw up the trilogy ? Great, another person who believes the existence of one film somehow has an effect on the quality of another film. Also, I am not sure what you are getting at with the ghosts, as the sentence makes no sense. Run u the castle? Huh? End Quicker? Wasn't the film almost four hours long?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Becuase of Revolutions, LOTR beats it in the trilogy segment.

Suspect's Reviews

We can't stop here!
I hate the Matrix with a passion so it's obvious which I chose. I'll ecen throw SW in, but it's second behinf LOTR. LOTR was a magnificant adcenture. It had a story I loved to follow, and suspense I loved. The characters made it even better. I could identify with some of them and I could see how natural their actions were. I loved the friendship of froto and sam and I loved the deep connections with the movie I got. A rarity with new movies. I saw nothing wrong with it. I didn't focus too much on special effects to see how real they looked, I just watched the movie and enjoyed it.

SW was killed with the 2 new movies. I LOVED 4,5 and 6. They're some of my favorite movies ever made. When I heard that E[ospde 1 was coming out I was excited, when I heard Episode 2 was coming out, I said, "Not again." Lucas killed SW. As bad as the first two movies were, I wanted to find his adress and slap him for Episode 3. It's been said before, there's no special effects in the movie. It's impossible to call them special when there's not a scene that isn't flodded with them. They take away the coolness special effects brought to movies. Lucas made it seem as if he wanted just special effects in the movie and no actors. He sure as hell didn't have good actors. Padme made me sad. She had the worlds fakest smile in E3. Theres too much to list, but there were too many mistakes made and Lucas really messed up with these three. Only the Matrix trilogy was worse.

The Matrix, had way too much philisophical bull that I didn't care about. Too many people want to debate the philisophical part of the movie. The fighting scenes got progressively worse. They went from great kung fu to milking the special effects bucket dry. The last fight scene looked like it was robbed from Dragon Ball Z and was completely lame. I don't think you could mess a fight scene up any more than they did. They took a brilliant concept and a good first movie, and destroyed it.

That's my two cents, and most hate it, but it's just my opinion.

I thought Return of the King was fantastic...How did it screw up the trilogy ? Great, another person who believes the existence of one film somehow has an effect on the quality of another film. Also, I am not sure what you are getting at with the ghosts, as the sentence makes no sense. Run u the castle? Huh? End Quicker? Wasn't the film almost four hours long?
hey everyone is intitled to there opinion sure it was better then most movies but i dont think it was as good as the other 2 LOTRs wat i ment by the ghosts was when they appeard at the last battle the ended the battle in a mattter of seconds it made the movie end so much quicker