R.I.P. David Bowie (1947-2016)

Tools    

I'm not old, you're just 12.
This really hit me, since David Bowie is one of my favorite artists. I have to say that at least he went out on his own terms, he released a brilliant album that he intended as a final goodbye to his fans, and made a moving video for the song "Lazarus" that if you pay attention, was him giving his own eulogy. He will be missed, but as long as even one person plays his songs, he will live forever.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I don't believe this...a music legend gone...I'm in shock...I loved "Fame" and also loved his performance in The Man Who Fell to Earth. RIP, Mr. Bowie.

I have to say that at least he went out on his own terms, he released a brilliant album that he intended as a final goodbye to his fans, and made a moving video for the song "Lazarus" that if you pay attention, was him giving his own eulogy.

"LAZARUS"

~ David Bowie

I have to return some videotapes.
I am too young to really be saddened by this news, but one of the first songs I ever really loved was Ziggy Stardust. He is amazing. Truly a great musician and probably a great person as well.

RIP.

I am too young to really be saddened by this news, but one of the first songs I ever really loved was Ziggy Stardust. He is amazing. Truly a great musician and probably a great person as well.

RIP.
Come on Cole! you know him like everyone else who watches cinema does

I was jamming today with some friends like we often do and we decided in honor of Bowie, we would do a little "Rebel Rebel". It's one of the first riffs I ever learned, and I still think it's one of the great riffs of all-time. There's no other riff that plays as fluidly and smoothly as that one. It's like how a phrase might roll off the tongue.

I heard the news yesterday morning just before 6am when I left for work. I thought about him all day and watched all the tribute programmes last night. Unlike Dave he wasn't one of my childhood heros but he was always there, if you know what I mean. He never became a singer of the past, he was always current. I loved him in the early days specially. From his first appearance on Top of the Pops singing Starman with his arm draped around Mick Ronson, I loved him then cos not only his songs were great but he (and all the glam rock singers back then) used to wind my dad up. His androgeny was curious to us and somehow threatening to some older people - that sort of parental shock always appeals to youngsters. His songs have been the background to my whole life.
Great musician and wordsmith. RIP

To commemorate this legend, I've started a Top 25 David Bowie Songs thread.

Check out the list and share your thoughts on his legacy that will live on forever.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Bowie charts seven albums in Billboard's 200 including Blackstar at number one.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Bowie charts seven albums in Billboard's 200 including Blackstar at number one.
I see my math was wrong, it's ten.

Billboard 200 Chart Moves: Classic David Bowie Albums Hit New Highs