My 100 ALL-TIME FAVE Movies

→ in
Tools    

Banned from Hollywood.
It's astonishing how tastes don't coincide. You have several of my very favourite movies (Breaking the Waves, Lost in Translation, Downfall, Brief Encounter) alongside several of my most hated movies (Match Point, The Exorcist, Close Encounters, Mad Max).

I like that you picked Ninotchka, I liked that film a lot and you don't often see it getting a lot of love.

I'm intrigued, now, by some of the ones I haven't seen. Especially The King and the Mockingbird. I've moved Ikiru and The Wrestler up my to-see list, too

Thanks Thursday

Definitely put Ikiru on top of your "to-see" list...It's a must. and The Wrestler is a must see as well. Although i know a lot of people who didn't like it on the first viewing.

So yet someone else who doesn't like Match Point? but whyyyyy ? lol

oh well...

as for Ninotchka , yes, i have always loved that movie.I also understand why a lot of people wouldn't love that movie. Nevertheless (like i also mentined) it's incredible how after all these years most of the things it satirizes still ring true about people living in that side of the world.

Great list.... I added you to the 'MoFo Members Top 100 Lists' thread... but changed your title a bit so your name was in it...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Great great GREAT list. Unique, diverse, obviously personal and cultured. It made me want to re-expand mine to a top 100. :P

See the trailer here:

Interesting list there, although I haven't seen even half of the movies listed on there. Thanks for sharing.

Nice list, although I can't say I agree with all your choices (there are some movies here that I atually hate), it's very unique, and I like your mini reviews. You really put some thought into this and show some passion for your choices.

Cheers

Good list. And well-rounded. I don't recall seeing one movie that I would personally consider to be crappy or overrated.

Although you might have Pan's Labyrinth, The Machinist, The Matrix, Donnie Darko, and 28 Days Later too low on the list. Those are all better movies, IMO, than what they are accorded. But at least they made the top 100.

Also, King of Comedy is a truly underlooked film of Scorsese's. It's good to see it on the list. A very enjoyable flick.

i wonder how people are able to make a top 100 list...like seriously ! haha
thanks (great list)

Good choices.

Banned from Hollywood.
been away for a while..thanx for the comments that i didnt read...will be posting the new list soon as this is more or less a year old (i usually upgrade the list every 5 or 6 months)..so you will be expecting to see 10 or 12 new movies added here..and 10 or 12 of the ones already on this list gone..wait for the results...

cheers

Great list!

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

There are about 12 films that I will consider if I ever make a top 100...they are no 71, 69, 61, 56, 54, 41, 37, 36, 35, 30, 9 and 6...of course it's very difficult comment on a very personal list like this...just one thing, there are so many Hollywood/English speaking film in the list (almost 80%), still no place for "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest?"