A Question About Negative Reputation.

Tools    

Is there any legitimate reason for me to care about the negative rep I am getting from a certain someone who's handle may or may not rhyme with 'The Chest Heave'?

This thread should summarise (in a few hundred posts) the reputation giving system- http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=11681

As for the specific instance you refer to, i won't slag the guy off because not got anything against him but think he's having a knee jerk reaction to some things and it's not just you who's received neg rep from him so in whole wouldn't take it personally. As far as i know, with the rep NOT being anonymous, in the rare instance of going so far out of line in a post most members here are respectful enough to leave a comment suggesting their problem with your post.

A system of cells interlinked
I got slammed with about 8 or 10 negs from the guy, but since I have close to 1000 positive hits, I didn't pay it much notice...

I wouldn't worry about it too much TSellis

Si comprende.

I was just making sure there wasn't a luxurious trip to some far away land filled with gypsy flowers & exotic spices rewarded to the person that has the highest positive rep. at the end of the year, or some money cause those payments on my hybrid are terrible.

They lure you into buying one with all the money you will save on gas, then they charge you twice as much as you will save on gas on top of the average new car payment.

The People's Republic of Clogher
I'm gonna keep my nose out of this thread lest someone suggests I get a load of negative rep to compensate for the positive that appeared overnight.

Oops!

Strange way to leave the site I must admit but good luck in your future career, Mr Tige...

I was getting the same deal from him. That's why I wonderd if he was an older poster with a new name. Apparently, he's just a little off.
Is Django back?

Not unless he moved across the pond...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Not unless he moved across the pond...

Hopefully he's not neighbors with Kermit. Talk about a rainbow connection.

What the hell rhymes with "The Chest Heave?"
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

'Christopher Nolan man-love' does.
That line was a classic.

I really don't know why he is so mad about it, the only thing I said was you're wrong about Coppola, Nolan is good but no legend as of yet, & stop borrowing published reviews when it is convenient to make your point while ignoring them when they don't. I didn't have to say 'all but plagiarize' in my post, but that wasn't an accusation of plagiary. I just defending my beliefs through fact.

Next thing I know I see a post calling me an f***in idiot, ranting wildly about where did I plagiarize.. show me, you are just some moron yank, & I am the god of all cinema cause I am from the same country as Shakespeare, Hitchcock, & The Beatles. So go crawl back from under the rock you came from, son & never come here again.

What did he think I was going to do, say 'Oohh my god, you are right I am scum of the earth!' & fall to my knees.

It isn't like he is the first person in the world to use or be influenced by someone's opinion & adopted it. Hell, half the **** that comes out of my mouth is something I heard from a professor or some influence in my life, that I thought it would make me sound a little smarter & lil cooler then I really am & maybe even get me laid once in awhile.

He obviously loves this place, so he should stop visiting cause I decided I like it as well. I don't hate him & he isn't an idiot, I am sure he has made some valid points in the past. So if he posted right now, I would read what he had to say & if I agreed with him I would praise him for it & if I didn't share his perspective I would give mine, but I am not going to dismiss his or anyone's opinion unless I am drunk & if that is the case then just ignore me until the next morning & once the hang over is gone there will be a list of apologies published.

maybe I should send him a pm?

The People's Republic of Clogher
I honestly don't know. He seemed to be an ok guy with a slightly worrying fixation for Christopher Nolan - sure, people ribbed him about it but he took it on the chin mostly with the light-heart in which the comments were intended in the first place.

Then he gets into a little skiff and starts neg repping anyone who looks slightly askance at him. There's probably a deeper underlying cause, and one that's a million miles away from this website.

Toys. Pram. Out.

Oh, and don't bother PM-ing him 'cos he's, I believe, no longer a member of MoFo.

The last time a professor had any kind of influence over me, by the way, was when he said something along the lines of "This play is crap, I'll meet you and ****** in the bar in 10 minutes and we can get some ale in before the bus home."

Wise words indeed. Bloody Wedekind...and the lecturer in question later became MP for West Lancs.

But anyway, I'm sure things can be done outside the public gaze should he decide to return.

The last time a professor had any kind of influence over me, by the way, was when he said something along the lines of "This play is crap, I'll meet you and ****** in the bar in 10 minutes and we can get some ale in before the bus home."
LOL!

That's brilliant, if I ever become super rich I am going to hire you as my staff spiritual advisor!

You're not alone. He negged me (twice) for defending John Waters on the "Worst Director" thread. I figured he just really really hated John Waters.

That's been my first bad experience with the guy, though. I generally like his posts.

<shrug>