It's Chinese New Year

Tools    

Ground Control To Major Thom
Year of the dog, i believe.

I was born in the year of the horse

"People born during the Year of the Horse have a pleasant, amiable, easy going disposition which guarantees popularity and a large following of friends. Blessed with good humor and geniality, they are extremely comfortable to get along with for they have the knack of instantly putting people at their ease.
Charming and cheerful, the Horse is an extremely likable character. Hard working, self-possessed and sharp, the Horse skillfully acquires power, wealth and respect. However, the Horse's sometime-appreciated frankness can be tactless. The Horse's impatient pursuit of success may become selfish and predatory. Horses can be obstinate. In truth, they are more cunning than intelligent, and they know it. This is why, despite that air of assurance, the Horse lacks confidence in himself.
He is very quick-witted and he is right in there with you before you have had the chance to finish what you were saying; he's on to the thought in your mind even before you've expressed it. This permits the Horse to forestall any arguments that anyone can dream up."

I'm a dog....but I don't know what my chinese sign is.

Originally Posted by Ophelia
I'm a dog....

but I don't know what my chinese sign is.
I think it is actually dog, there are 12 animals.

"Among the animal zodiac, Dog individuals are the most humanitarian. To the Chinese, Dogs represent justice and equality. These are the givers in life, prepared to sacrifice their own dreams, ambitions and desires for the sake of others, particularly for those they love. Fiercely loyal to those they love, Dogs are ever ready to jump to the defense of any member of their family or friends who is being attacked by either word or deed. They have a penchant for championing the underdog. Born with an innate sense of decency and a need for equalibrium in a chaotic world, Dogs strongly denounce injustice and wrongdoing, generously giving useful and effective advice to those around them. Their warmth, empathy and genuine interest in others win them many close friendships. "

Originally Posted by susan
happy new year...i was born in the year of the dragon
heh so was my mum

The People's Republic of Clogher
I'm an Ox.

According to the blurb "Monkey anarchy could bring calamity and misadventure" for me.

I'm trying to imagine monkey anarchy.....it ain't a pleasant thought.

It sounds great, monkey anarchy... good band name.

Alarming for some, but not me, there is the fire horse

"About the Fire Horse

The six decades spanning the gaps between the years of the Fire Horse mean that this rare sign occurs only in the years 1846, 1906, 1966, 2026, etc. These years are bad for Horses themselves and bad for families who have a Horse in the house. This is because the Fire Horse's influence can change from beneficial to malignant, and during these years all Horse families will become subject to illness, accidents and bad luck in general.
"

"horse in the house" heh.

Originally Posted by Tacitus
That's Fermanagh doomed then...

Stupid boy....
fair play

Originally Posted by SmegFirk

"About the Fire Horse

The six decades spanning the gaps between the years of the Fire Horse mean that this rare sign occurs only in the years...1966....
She is a rarity and she is Hot....I knew this already.

The Horse is very compatible with the Dog, apparently.

Although i fear that means i'm going to become Pedigree Chum

I'm an Ox.

So were Napoleon Bonaparte, Walt Disney, Clark Gable, Richard Nixon, Rosa Parks, and Vincent Van Gogh....

I share the same sign as Elizabeth I, Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King, and Edgar Allen Poe....

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I never payed much attention to it before now, but since over half the people at my job are from Taiwan or the PRC we closed early on Friday and we're having some sort of Chinese New Year party on tuesday. I spent part of the weekend with some friends in N.Y. and had a gay ole time in Chinertown.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by Caitlyn
So were Napoleon Bonaparte, Walt Disney, Clark Gable, Richard Nixon, Rosa Parks, and Vincent Van Gogh....
Thank goodness for sister Rosa or I'd have ended up with an assortment of pint-sized battle geniuses, proto-fascist moguls, movie idols with big ears and bad breath, tricky politicians and troubled 'do you need a brush because I've got one 'ere' artistic sorts.

My fellow oxen, I salute you!

I share the same sign as Elizabeth I, Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King, and Edgar Allen Poe....
That's also an extremely interesting mix of personalities.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Ophelia
She is a rarity and she is Hot....I knew this already.
Bless you.

Fire horse in da house, here.
The fire seems to have burned off the characteristic wealth...

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
Bless you.

Fire horse in da house, here.
The fire seems to have burned off the characteristic wealth...
I have the DWP to do that to this horse..

Neigh

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
You have the what to do what, now?
the DWP are the Department for work and pensions in the UK. These are the people that our mad friend was talking to you about.

So, in translation, I do not need to be a fire horse to lose my wealth because I have the DWP doing the same job.

I don't actually think I have explain myself any better,