I'm a Filmaholic

Tools    

I don't get bugged really. I'm far too munipulative and enjoy that pursuit far too much to get bogged down in trivialities.

As for the book thread... I could tell you but I'd rather be impressed by your super sleuthing abilities.

Oh goodness. Help a newbie out. I did a search for "favorite books" and it keeps timing out because it takes so long...
*read with a whining voice*
I beg. I beg.

Interesting...

I don't talk about books much here so I haven't really participated in such a thread though I'd have sworn we had one with 'book' in the title.

it would appear that Yoda's Reading Tab thread is the most popular one for the topic. There are two pages of threads with 'book' in the title but they appear to be more conducive to 'the book is better than the movie' or 'recommend me a book' type discussions.

If you have an idea for a thread about books that's different than those please do start it.

I am burdened with glorious purpose
Thanks for all the warm welcomes.
Did you love Robert Downey Jr.'s portrayal of Charlie?
I did, I did!

Did you?

As to books, I was rather excited to see Toose mention Aztec.

I never even knew we had a Favorite Book thread.

Tramp, I started a book thread-I hope it's in the right place.

I loved Robert Downey's performance too! I did my 8th grade project on clowns back in Jr. High. That's when I first started loving Charlie.

Oh wow, you're a girl? I need to look at peoples' profiles more often.

My Movie Review Thread | My Top 100

Tramp, I started a book thread-I hope it's in the right place.

I loved Robert Downey's performance too! I did my 8th grade project on clowns back in Jr. High. That's when I first started loving Charlie.
Wow, I actually teach 8th grade and expose my students to Chaplin. It's a special "Media" class and I cover things like journalism, advertising, and entertainment. I show my students a Chaplin film and most of them end up becoming fans.

Will have to check out the book thread.

You said "Jr. High." That seems to indicate that 8th grade was a while back?

DOM -- who were you surprised was a girl?

Welcome to the board!

I haven't looked at your profile yet, but I also assumed you were female. Mainly because of your user-name, and avatar. Pawn . . . sounds like Dawn . . . I dunno!

Wow, I actually teach 8th grade and expose my students to Chaplin. It's a special "Media" class and I cover things like journalism, advertising, and entertainment. I show my students a Chaplin film and most of them end up becoming fans.

Will have to check out the book thread.

You said "Jr. High." That seems to indicate that 8th grade was a while back?

8th Grade feels like eons ago--I'm a child of the 80's

Pawn. I knew you were one already, Tramp. (You are, right? )

I take my name from the glorious Mr. Chaplin.
So, yea, I'm like a male tramp!
I'm like a male tramp too... I don't like Chaplin, though.

Wow, I actually teach 8th grade and expose my students to Chaplin...
And that's why she was arrested and put on a register.

BTW, "hi". It's good to have you here. I hope you enjoy your stay.

I'm like a male tramp too... I don't like Chaplin, though.
Impossible! How can anyone not like Chaplin?

So what is "like" a male tramp? Hmm?

And that's why she was arrested and put on a register.
Ah, I love it when people actually read posts carefully.

[quote=tramp;559725]Impossible! How can anyone not like Chaplin?[quote]

I guess it's like liking him, but the opposite? I like The Kid, if that helps any. I don't think it's funny, but I do like it.

So what is "like" a male tramp? Hmm?
It's like being a male tramp, but without all the sex. So I guess that's just male, isn't it?

Ah, I love it when people actually read posts carefully.
Isn't it great?! I can't believe I was fired as a proofreader. One little mistake and they take it all so seriously. He was only in prison for two years and he got compensation. I don't see what all the fuss was about.