Can it be true? --- the film I Am Sam

→ in
Tools    

This film is great,I saw it tonight.Sean Penn and Dakota Fanning's acting were stunning,I cried for quite a few times though this is not meant to be a tearjerker.The Beatles references are found from time to time,which was incredibly brilliant.The way Lucy acquired her name,and how Sam was trying desperately to quote what John Lennon had said and how he and Paul McCartney made the song "Michelle" in the court,and because of this,I googled the song "Lucy in the sky wih diamonds",the lyrics are very beautiful and refreshing,plus,with the knowledge of the film,I fell in love with the song immediately.
I love the story and everybody's acting,I just don't understand what entiles the court to deprive a father's custody just because he has the intellectual capacity of a 7-year-old.I mean,I understand why they are worried about the kid's development in the future,but why don't they even ask what the kid's feelings toward his father,and the love bound between them that can never be substituted?And just because the kid deserves more than he can afford to give,they come and take her away from him.I can't help thinking “does every child get everything they deserve because they have normal parents? Why don't they take the kid away from a workaholic parent who has no time for his kid and has intellectual capacity of even younger than a 7-year-old when regarding the ability to appreciate the value of love and family?
It would be very sad if this court interrogation intrude families in real life.I do think so.I want to know if this film mirrors the real life in society or is it exaggerating?
I know this film is not new and probably those of you who have seen it cannot recall it in great detail.But any comments or ideas on the bits and pieces of it and how you feel toward this movie or what I have written is welcome.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	all I need is love.JPG
Views:	405
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	5984   Click image for larger version

Name:	cute.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	5985   Click image for larger version

Name:	deep down.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	5986  

Sadly, I've not seen it yet. It's coming up on my Netflix though in 3-4 movies. I'll post back when I see it.

It is a good movie..I also cried when I'm watching this film..I recommended for you to watch I am Sam...It shows the love of a father and daughter to each other even Sam is not normal...

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Hey can you tell me how big theBeatles play in this movie? Huge fan here

I'm in!

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
i totally agree this movie is so powerful with the acting and the script. i saw sean penn in anew light after this movie. he blew me away and then lil miss fanning has a long career in front of her. i seriously doubt that she will go that route than lohan has gone down. it breaks my heart when i see the scene of the father & daughter swinging. it just should show every man can be a father,but it takes a special man to be a daddy

Is that referance to something? lol

Hey can you tell me how big theBeatles play in this movie? Huge fan here
"Sean Pean wanted the soundtrack to be all Beatles music, but was unable to get the rights, so he asked various artists to cover the Beatles songs he wanted to use. And in order for the re-recorded music to fit into the movie, each of the artists had to use the same tempo as the original Beatles songs." trivia on IMDB.

So you have seen it,right?since you had the balloon-scene up there,I don't think it refers to something relating the Beatles.But I like that scene,it well speaks for their childlike enthusiasm,and it makes audiences feel warm to see Lucy grew up in this surroundings,filled with love and pure happiness.

I rented this last night and will try to watch it tonight and share my thoughts…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Lets put a smile on that block
Sure, that balloon scene is an homage to the Beatles Abbey Road album cover, and Lennon already knew that.

How funny, that's my road! I live about 10 doors down from that crossing and Abbey Road studios. it's fantastic, night and day fans are there crossing the road and taking pictures. I should imagine i would have mowed them all down if i was driving home from work every day but i get public transport so i find it nice. Also, my area has the best graffiti, the whole place is covered in peace signs and song lyrics. The scribblings on the wall outside Abbey road Studios are beautiful, i'll take some photo's nearer the summer. Pretty amazing how The Beatles can even affect the attitude of an entire area of London.

Oh, and I Am Sam is fantastic, especially the soundtrack. Sarah McLachlan's (Sp?) cover of Blackbird is beautiful. It's my favourite song and she does an amazing job on it.

I rented this last night and will try to watch it tonight and share my thoughts…
That's a wonderful choice,
Looking forward to your sharing with us.

How funny, that's my road! I live about 10 doors down from that crossing and Abbey Road studios. it's fantastic, night and day fans are there crossing the road and taking pictures. I should imagine i would have mowed them all down if i was driving home from work every day but i get public transport so i find it nice. Also, my area has the best graffiti, the whole place is covered in peace signs and song lyrics. The scribblings on the wall outside Abbey road Studios are beautiful, i'll take some photo's nearer the summer. Pretty amazing how The Beatles can even affect the attitude of an entire area of London.
Wow,that's really interesting.Seems I made a huge mistake ,there does have a lot to tell behind the scene about this crossing.I wanna have a look at those scribblings on the wall.

oh and Dakota Fanning says "All you need is Love" in the trailer, referance? I am not going to look on IMDB until I actually watch it.

Sean Penn was heartbreakingly brilliant in this movie and even though I generally can't stand Dakota Fanning, even she was tolerable here. Michelle Pfeiffer was very good too. This movie is manipulative as hell, but the manipulation works.