The Secret Life of cinemaafficionado

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
I love how even the SpyParty convo is apt.

The People's Republic of Clogher
If you want proof, just call the CIA and ask them if I am.
Oh, I've gone one better than that!

I've been to see M ... she told me that I'd get better answers from Q ... Q said he wasn't certain but that I could be sure if I went over to P at his desk.

It was then that I was thrown out of the building.

I just picked out names at random and I am the greatest bull$h!t artist in the world, or I am who I say I am.
or three, you're a lousy bull$h!t artist

If the validity of his story is based purely on location alone: L.S. Lowry lived a mile from where I live, which made him a good friend of my family...

Yeah, all I need to do is find a way to get in direct contact with billionaires and famous actors. When their secretaries or PR people ask me why, I'll just say "I want to see if they know this one dude." I'm sure they'll put me right through.

I think you're confused about where the burden of proof lies when a random guy on the Internet claims to be a globetrotting polyglot bodyguard who knows Robert Duvall and dates models.
globetrotting polyglot bodyguard - Wow, a one, true discription of me and no less but from the Mighty Yoda. I see you are finally coming to your senses.
Burden of proof in the US lies with the state which I presume is you: The State Of Yoda. I am innocent and you are trying to prove me guilty of making stuff up. Don't be lazy Mr. Prosecutor, get of your ass and do some work.
Francis Plank has a website. Contact her. Robert Duvall has an agent. . Just tell his agent, I'm trying to get in touch and you are my rep. You'll get a call back.
Since you are so fanatical about exposing me, do some work, otherwise all your rhetoric is for nought.

or three, you're a lousy bull$h!t artist
Do I know you? You must know someone to be fully vetted with as few significant posts as you have, not that your opinion really matters.

Sorry, chief, but the burden of proof lies with the person making the exceptional claims. And besides, what if someone's rep did confirm it: what would that prove? That they know someone with the name you gave me. How would I know that's you? I wouldn't.

I don't think you understand what evidence looks like, given how many times you've said "okay, here's your evidence..." and then gone on to say something that isn't evidence at all.

I'm a spy. That's how I met Robert Duvall. He's a spy, too.

was Angelo

Not really. Robert Duval has a condo in Manhattan. We used to be neighbors. I used to play with a gypsy kid from down the block. His name
was Angelo. Robert made a movie about him. I was one of the kids at the birthday party in the movie. Can you guess, who I am?

Sorry, chief, but the burden of proof lies with the person making the exceptional claims. And besides, what if someone's rep did confirm it: what would that prove? That they know someone with the name you gave me. How would I know that's you? I wouldn't.
I guess we are back to dog tags
This is getting to be more fun than I thought. Can't wait for January to send you some beautiful pictures of beautiful women impersonating me, or maybe Albert.
Sorry, can't fly to Pittsburgh. Too cold right now.

I guess we are back to dog tags
So, in other words, more proof that isn't proof at all. Shocking.

This has happened, like, six times now: you say you're about to provide evidence, and then say something which is either impossible to verify or wouldn't actually prove anything (or, in this case, both). So you've spent several hours defending yourself without providing a single shred of evidence. Hmmmm.

And by complete coincidence, the one time I actually tested you on the spot, on something you didn't specifically tell me to ask you about, you drew a blank. Memory sure is a funny thing.

Angelo My Love (1983)... the one with almost no casting credits.
Wait a minute. Am I not the guy that makes up movie lists of movies that he has not seen? And you are talking to me about some obscure movie that I know has no casting credits"?
Nah, I just have a gay crush on Robert Duvall and have been stalking him.

A system of cells interlinked
Me...too!!! I was totally in Revenge of the Nerds. No, really. You know that tricycle race in the film? I am in the audience in some of the shots. The scenes were filmed at the University of Arizona, which I lived just around the corner from at the time. My friends and I were hanging around the UofA, just goofing off, when a couple people with clip boards asked us if we wanted to be in a movie!! All we had to do was sit on bleachers and cheer at people on tricycles, and they would even feed us and everything. What the heck, right?

Actually, that never happened. Sounds plausible though, right? SOME of it is true, like the fact that I lived around the corner from the U of A, and the fact that my friends and I were there when the film was being made. The film makers had exactly zero interest in us though, because we were just some random kids hanging around watching, and not part of the production. The film WAS shot there, and they DID use extras, all of which are almost impossible to identify at this point in time, so I could just make a bunch of details up and claim it happened to me, and there is just no way to prove me wrong - it's the "Invisible Dragon Theory" that Sagan wrote about in his A Demon Haunted World : Science as a candle in the dark.

That book helped me learn to be skeptical of silly claims by silly people in regards to silly and unimportant subjects, like being an extra in a film no one cares about.

You are no match for Carl Sagan, dude.

This instantly becomes the most plausible thing you've said so far.
How right you are. I'm still in the closet and that's why I only post pics of beautiful women, unlike you

Me...too!!! I was totally in Revenge of the Nerds. No, really. You know that tricycle race in the film? I am in the audience in some of the shots. The scenes were filmed at the University of Arizona, which I lived just around the corner from at the time. My friends and I were hanging around the UofA, just goofing off, when a couple people with clip boards asked us if we wanted to be in a movie!! All we had to do was sit on bleachers and cheer at people on tricycles, and they would even feed us and everything. What the heck, right?

Actually, that never happened. Sounds plausible though, right? SOME of it is true, like the fact that I lived around the corner from the U of A, and the fact that my friends and I were there when the film was being made. The film makers had exactly zero interest in us though, because we were just some random kids hanging around watching, and not part of the production. The film WAS shot there, and they DID use extras, all of which are almost impossible to identify at this point in time, so I could just make a bunch of details up and claim it happened to me, and there is just no way to prove me wrong - it's the "Invisible Dragon Theory" that Sagan wrote about in his A Demon Haunted World : Science as a candle in the dark.

That book helped me learn to be skeptical of silly claims by silly people in regards to silly and unimportant subjects, like being an extra in a film no one cares about.

You are no match for Carl Sagan, dude.

What's really absurd is that you actually believe someone would be whacky enough to make up something like that on the spot or do you think I've been working on it for years?

Maybe it really is fiction to have a celebrity as a neighbor, especially in New York and why choose Robert Duvall, of all celebrities?