MOFO Movie Tournament--Nominees

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
A follow up to the "Greatest Movie Tournament" but hopefully this one will be a little better.

To start, everybody is able to nominate 2 films. I'll try to get at least 16 people to nominate 2 films and then I will cut it off at 32 films. Then everybody can do a 2nd round of nominations, which would bring us to 64. Lastly, if the nominations fare well enough, I'm willing to do a 3rd/4th round of nom's IF the timing doesn't take so long. So I suppose we will find out about that.

When all the nom's are in, I will make a completely random bracket, so that everyone will be able to see the entire bracket before it unfolds.

And of course, we will set up official rules to the voting once that part is put into play.

I figure it may just be easier to list the nominees here, just so we do not have people giving out double nominations.

I'm sure I've missed touching some subject, but if any questions linger, they can be posted here as well. Looking forward to a fun time with this one!

American Psycho
Lost in Translation

Rashomon (1950, Akira Kurosawa)

The Battle of Algiers (1966, Gillo Pontecorvo)
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

If this thing's gonna work we need a little more participation from the forum, and Yoda needs to sticky this to the top of the 'Games' forum. It would be better than the 'Ongoing Tournaments...' forum which is too hidden.

I was thinking the same thing. I could obviously private message everyone to gauge interest, but a sticky would probably work better. So Yoda if you see this and don't mind that would be great.

Done and done, but forum participation could be tricky regardless of placement simply because something so similar (even if it wasn't done terribly well) took place so recently.

American Beauty...
Just kidding I wont do that :P

Citizen Kane
On the waterfront (feeling like switching it up...not my automatic top two or three)

Couldn't a full member PM do that?
There's no such feature with this software, at least not standard. Though even if there was I would be extremely selective about using it, obviously.

the first batch everyone will nominate 2 films, unless we reach 32 movies total. Then we will do it again. I think it works well this way because then after the 1st batch each person can see what movies they like that didn't make it. It leaves a lot of pressure off of someone voting for all their favorites right away. For example, since we didn't just nominate 4 films right away I didn't have to nominate Rear Window or On the Waterfront, since other people nominated them.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
City of God

The Big Lebowski

Suspect's Reviews