Westworld

Tools    

This might just do nobody any good.
I was told to spoiler tag it but it’s all over the trailers now.

Hiroyuki Sanada and Rinko Kikuchi are playing hosts there. It could be an interesting contrast, specially if the lean into the relationship between samurai and western films.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
my linky is just the showrunners talking about it. I didnt think it was spoilery but happy to tag it if its anyway objectionable

As was promised by Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy during a reddit Q&A, here’s the entire plot of season 2, abridged:

I'm toying between watching or not. Eeny Meenie Minie Mo...

Damnit. I just found a really good spoiler free review of 201 kickoff but it slipped through my fingers like sands through an hour glass...

Will try to find.

I’m sure there’s some fun meta commentary to be mined from writer douche and Maeve but I’m already so so so tired that guy’s performance.

Tessa’s batcave was cool tho.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Consider every post I make involve small spoilers for the released episode.

So it seems that we are continuing multiple timelines and this time they are not hiding it. The causal mention of at least 6 parks was interesting.

"Get of my F----ing island" when arguing with a Chinese soldier. Possible location confirmed?

Man in Black finally gets what he wants, is given another "mission".

Maeve look great, taking control, her story will be one to look forward to I think.

Bernard will continue to "hide" his true self from people.

I was interested in how they would continue from the ending to last season. Did not disappoint.

While the opening was a little disjointed, I think there is enough set-up for the upcoming season.

Suspect's Reviews

Idea/question:

I was thinking of setting up a separate "bring only your own theories" discussion thread for this show. Last season we saw how meaningless the "technically not a spoiler" thing can be, because some of the theories were dead-on, and because when you can crowdsource the speculation to the entire Internet, it's almost as good as an actual spoiler. I'm pretty sure they wrote this entire season with that in mind, but even so, was thinking about the idea of a thread where people are allowed to guess whatever, but not share stuff they found on reddit or wherever. It's fun if one of us as an individual has an idea, but it's less fun when the giant Internet brain hands it to us.

So, better: making that thread, not making that thread, or declaring that this thread is that thread?

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
HA!

Sorry about that. I was on my phone and was trying to be quick. Basically, I think that's a great idea; however, I would suggest making it its own dedicated "conspiracy theory for Westworld'-type of thread to keep it separate from and to not potentially contaminate the general seasonal discussions---for posters just looking for general conversation on the latest episode.

With that said, this particular thread is pretty long. I imagine Season 2 commentary will be just as intense. So maybe have a dedicated Season 2 thread for just that general commentary also, as this one has been used for Season 1. That way, Season 2 commentary can be cleanly separated from Season 1. Similar to how the Walking Dead threads and Game of Throne threads appear to be. That is, if my memory is right! Which it probably isn't. Still though!

@Yoda

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Can you rephrase that? I couldn't quite follow it.
edited the original post. hopefully it makes more sense now!

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

A system of cells interlinked
Enjoyed the premiere quite a bit, and am interested to see where they go with these story threads. Wood's acting was excellent in this one. Still hoping that Elsie reappears!

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
HA!

With that said, this particular thread is pretty long. I imagine Season 2 commentary will be just as intense. So maybe have a dedicated Season 2 thread for just that general commentary also, as this one has been used for Season 1. That way, Season 2 commentary can be cleanly separated from Season 1. Similar to how the Walking Dead threads and Game of Throne threads appear to be. That is, if my memory is right! Which it probably isn't. Still though!

@Yoda
I can edit the first post to separate the season discussions. Maybe have a quick link for Season 2 talk?

كُنْ فَيَكُونُ
Up to the season one finale now, things are heating up

I had a bit of a hunch what we where going to learn in the last episode, amazed I was correct in my suspicions of Bernard. Part of me thinks that Ford is a host too

كُنْ فَيَكُونُ
Just finished the season finale, hell!

I've got a few ideas flowing through my head (ironic to speak about thought now ) about what's going on. That last part (of the finale) I sensed would happen at some point but what a grand way to prepare everyone for season two

Everyone in 2016 must have been really pissed off having to wait for the second season. I'm starting S2E1 tonight

I'm liking this a lot.

There ARE aspects of the production itself that annoys me a little (as there is an aesthetic-based use of the photography and the sound production that I don't like in many modern productions, often a hollow use of light/dim and soundspace + the mix of the music....I sense a bit of forced compression - and seeing this produced by HBO....similar kind of production level as CBS and the others) but the story, actors and plot so far is exquisite.

Part of me theorizes that the entire thing (including Ford himself) are all hosts and the whole thing was intended by the real Arnold for it to play out the way it has (including the "New Narrative" itself) maybe for a larger malicious cause, I don't know. It'll be interesting to see what headspace I'm in after whatever happens in the Season Two Finale (when I eventually get there)

To whoever's already seen it, does Season Two vamp up the story-scale even more? (I sense this to be the case)

Btw, I haven't read any articles on this or youtube etc, I never even saw a trailer before I started yesterday.