Movies you don't want to see!

Tools    

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
So, you're in the cinema, or watching tv and a trailer comes on, or maybe you see a poster on a bus. And you think to yourself, that looks bloody awful! It doesn't deserve its own thread, but I'd like to share with other film buffs just how crap I think this film will be.

Well, now you have a place.

For films you wouldn't see if they paid you, films you couldn't even sit through the trailer of.

Coming soon, hope it goes away soon, too.

One of the few times i agree with you wad, unfortunately as i sarcastically said to the missus "that looks good", she very non sarcastically said "you thought so too, cool!".

Other is that new Saw knock-off about a site getting hits or some toddle.

If they are planning to have AVP 3, I will not watch it....PROMISE

Hmm, could this fall under this?
Could do, but this is more strictly for new releases you want to avoid, rather than movies you have for whatever reason avoided for years.

Totally agree with the pick of Never Back Down...that was the film I had in mind when I made the thread, having seen the trailer last week but couldn't remember the name (maybe I blocked it out of my memory...) it looked like some people from the OC had seen Fight Club, not understood it, and made this.

Specialty Films Cinema
I really don't ever want to ever see Brokeback Mountain. Ever. I miss Heath Ledger though...

I will avoid Untraceable (said in a deep voice followed by 'in cinemas now, rated 18) as it sounds like gorno crap and has possibly the most annoying radio advert.

I tend to stay clear of rip off comedys like scary movie and the like so wont see meet the spartans.

I agree with you Silas. None of those for me.

I agree with you Silas. None of those for me.
They're not great movies but still... I get a good laugh and forget about them quickly...

I would stay well clear of AVP3 - what a lot of **** number 2 was, and the first was very very! average........

Lost in never never land
I believe that my exact words after seeing the trailer for the Sex in the City movie was: "Is it normal for a movie to make me want to kill myself?"
I wish, I wish he'd go away."
-From Identity

So, you're in the cinema, or watching tv and a trailer comes on, or maybe you see a poster on a bus. And you think to yourself, that looks bloody awful! It doesn't deserve its own thread, but I'd like to share with other film buffs just how crap I think this film will be.

Well, now you have a place.

For films you wouldn't see if they paid you, films you couldn't even sit through the trailer of.

Coming soon, hope it goes away soon, too.
I generally avoid most movies based on comic books (the original Batman being the single exception) and all that are based on video games. I generally avoid remakes of classic films, although I was pleasantly surprised by Sean Penn's performance in All the King's Men (I had thought him overrated up to then). Unfortunately, the rest of the cast wasn't up to par, so I still prefer the original which earned an Oscar for Broderick Crawford.

I really don't ever want to ever see Brokeback Mountain. Ever. I miss Heath Ledger though...
It's an intoxicating intrigue - even questionable in a way - that a passionate film-goer, or one who claims as such, could denounce this title so decisively.

The beauty in Brokeback Mountain doesn't only exist in the far-fledged hills of its natural prisons, yet it's within her prisoners themselves, I think. There's a tight little scene toward the end - which I won't spoil in case you unspoil your preferences someday - where Ennis Del Mar (Heath Ledger) turns toward Jack Twist and begins to state his case, you could say; beginning with "Why don't you, Jack? ..." People who've seen this picture will undoubtedly recall the wrist - even the heart of that scene.

Why's there a gun in your trousers?
The Sex in the City movie is a dark cloud haning over me. Seriously, even if the show was the 2nd highest rated series on hbo, does it need a movie (let alone the sequal already in talks). The show simply is not that good, not enough for a feature film at least IMO. I am also not looking forward to Superhero Movie. Enough with the terrible spoof movies. Has anything good come out of any of them that have been released since Scary Movie? At least Scary Movie was "kind of" clever and "somewhat" funny. Snore...

Why's there a gun in your trousers?
I believe that my exact words after seeing the trailer for the Sex in the City movie was: "Is it normal for a movie to make me want to kill myself?"
no its not normal for a movie to do that, and thats thats the point. The movie is going to be that bad...