What was the last movie you saw at the theaters?

Tools    

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
But Gnat, it's like someone pointed out on that other forum, those 5 reviews are from major, respectable, papers. The other ones are from stuff like "The Colorado Post" or whatever.

Lost in never never land
Rolling Stone, good review. (B)

Chicago Tribune, good review (B)

USA Today, good review (B)

Atlanta Journal-Constitution, good review (B+)

It hasn't gotten many A's, but it also hasn't gotten many reviews that are below a C.
I wish, I wish he'd go away."
-From Identity

Originally Posted by KnicksRIP
Sorry to hear that Pirates was disappointing; but then, I didn't really love the first one (it was extremely boring)
Yeah same here. I never cared much for the first either. Always figured it to be highly over rated. I mean, it was ok, I'm not saying it totally repulsed me or anything like that. It may grow on me one day though if I watch it again or two. Movies sometimes do that to me. I do still plan on watching this sequel. Give that one a chance anyways. Who knows, it may surprise me.

Originally Posted by KnicksRIP
Last film I saw was Superman Returns in IMAX 3D. 4/10
I heard the 3-D was pretty good. What did you not like about it?

www.forumninja.com
Originally Posted by Escape
I heard the 3-D was pretty good. What did you not like about it?
To me, it cheapened what were probably some very good effects. I'm not a huge fan of 3D in general. Instead of seeming like 3D, it always appears to me like paper cutouts on top of paper cutouts. Although less headache-inducing than that of the red/blue glasses, the 3D used for Superman (similar to that used for The Polar Express) seemed to flatten out all of the CG, making every effect--and particularly Superman's flight--look even more fake than usual.

In addition, the 3D used in some sequences seemed to emphasize the quick cuts used in the film... I mean, I don't need to see people fall around in a plane in 3D... such quick movement hurt my eyes. I could see this working better with an animated film that uses longer shots.

man i dont even remember...

Strangers with Candy (2006 - Paul Dinello)

Jerri Blank is back. If you are a fan of the Comedy Central television show that ran for three quick seasons from 1999 to 2000 and developed a cult following, you don't need to know any more than that. The movie is a belated prequel where we see Jerri (Amy Sedaris), the 40-something boozer, user and loser return to her suburban home and try to pick up her life where she left it, including returning to High School. The series was a demented funhouse twist on the old ABC Afterschool Specials from the late '70s and early '80s, none-too-subtle morality plays about the danger of drugs and sex and what have you.The highlight of the show is Sedaris herself as that totally insane, disgusting and morally reprehensible freakazoid. The movie, at an hour and a half long, is more than three times the length of one of the TV episodes, and frankly that level of insanity isn't as easy to sustain in a feature. While the result isn't up to the level of the best episodes, it is still damn funny, and watching Amy do her Jerri things is still hysterical.

Along for the ride are many of the key supporting players from the show, including co-creators Steven Colbert and Paul Dinello - Dinello also directs. There are also some star cameos sprinkled throughout from the likes of Ian Holm, Matthew Broderick, Sarah Jessica Parker, Dan Hedaya, Allison Janney and Philip Seymour Hoffman. Not every gag works, but when they do it's still great stuff. However I don't think this is a proper place to start for anyone unitiated to the Strangers world. Even though the story is going back to the "beginning", I think too many of the best laughs are depenent on knowing the characters already. But for any fan, it's definitely worth seeing. It's not wall-to-wall brilliance, but it's a nice valentine to those of us who loved the show and were sorry to see it go so abruptly.

GRADE: B-
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

saw Pirates of the Caribbiean 2 again i think it was worse the 2nd time i saw it

and saw Who Killed the Electric Car? aswell good documentary and is worth checking out

Scary Movie 4 at the cheap seats, Pirates 2 at the good theatre.

Superman Returns. Kevin Spacey as Lex.....grrrrr, quiet cunning, a bit comic, and wayyyyy evil!!!!!!!!!

Pirates of carribean...the action and comedy was good but i feel it dragged on too long with too much story...however this can be expected as they needed to fit alot in to prepare us for number 3...i hope though that number 3 echos the first one with its humou and action and does not leave u waitin for the next scene.....still worth a watch but dont get you hopes up

I do mean number 2 :d

A system of cells interlinked
Superman Returns (Singer, 2006)

While out shopping decided to see Pirates 2 and I really enjoyed it. Not quite as good as the first, but what sequel is. Wont indulge into it to much for those who haven't seen it, but it definetly sets up for the 3rd movie well.

Originally Posted by Purple_Panther
While out shopping decided to see Pirates 2 and I really enjoyed it. Not quite as good as the first, but what sequel is. Wont indulge into it to much for those who haven't seen it, but it definetly sets up for the 3rd movie well.
I'd bet money the 3rd will be the best. EDIT: You know who will be in the next one. Oh yeah, and Keith Richards is playing Jack Sparrow's dad, which is enough to see the third movie alone.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Purple_Panther
Not quite as good as the first, but what sequel is.
Lots, actually:

The Empire Strikes Back
Aliens
X2
Spider Man II
Toy Story II
The Godfather Part II
Terminator II (Many feel it's better, I don't, just maybe AS good)
Evil Dead Part II
The Road Warrior
Dawn of the Dead
Star trek II : The Wrath of Kahn
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
A Shot in the Dark
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Holden could probably name 20 more....

Also, check out these threads:

Sequels

Sequels Better than the Original

Best/Worst Movie Sequels