Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

You rated it higher than I did.
If it was not watchable .. it would have been lower.... I read about the book and I wanted to see if it ended like the book.. thats the only reason I stuck with it...

I figured I might like it since its a period piece... but gesh.. it should have ended like the book!!!

WARNING: "spoiler" spoilers below
Jennifer Lawrence would have been killed by the baby as an adult!!! Which would have been nice to see...

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

I was really shocked that Susanne Bier made that bad of a film... she's an amazing Danish director and works with Anders Thomas Jensen on many films. I love their work!!! but gesh.. that was horrible.

We're the Millers (2013)

Well, I totally expected to hate this one. I don't know, the trailer just made me think it would be garbage and I'm not really a big Jennifer Aniston fan, so that was two of the main reasons. Surprisingly, I really enjoyed it and Aniston was pretty good in it. All about four strangers that pose as family to smuggle dope out of Mexico to deliver back to Ed Helms in the U.S. Along with Aniston as the fake mom, there's Jason Sudeikis as the head of the "family," Emma Roberts as their faux daughter, and Will Poulter as the young "son," who is actually eighteen. Of course they run into all sorts of trouble along the way. There is great support: Luiz Guzmán, great actor in tons of movies, plays a Mexican cop who wants a special "favor" from one of the family; Nick Offerman (from Parks and Recreation) is awesome as a tourist who keeps running into the family; Kathryn Hahn is also super as Offerman's wife. Together they almost steal the movie out from under the stars. And Mark L. Young is hilarious as the young carny who squires Emma Roberts and has the catchphrase, "Know what I'm sayin'" except all run together.

Master of My Domain
The Karate Kid (1984)

The premise of the film is probably one of the sweetest and exciting ever. A weird, eccentric, but wise Karate master decides to have a weak newcomer as his apprentice. This leads to great chemistry between the two, amusing moments and a great performance by Morita. Too bad I wasn't an 80s kid (I wish I was one), therefore I did not grow up with The Karate Kid, which makes a crucial part of the film's quality, nostalgia, missing. Moreover, I felt like it was too long and some moments were pretty cringe-inducing.

-

Thane of Glamis, Thane of Cawdor, & King Hereafter
Dracula 3000: 1/10 - Worst vampire movie I've ever seen. It has no redeeming qualities to it.

Can't Stop the Music: 3/10 - Decent music, bad acting, cheesy dialogue. Overall I'd say it's enjoyably bad!

21 Jump Street (2012)

A better watch this time around, but I somehow knew a rewatch would give it that extra push. Sequel is still better though, but this is still a lot of fun. Great chemistry between Hill and Tatum, which really lifts this film out of the norm. Script has a few strong points and the directing is perfect for this type of movie and every element gets to shine. Looking forward to rewatching the sequel already!

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Battleship Potemkin - 4/10

Silent pictures aren't for me.

And the writing wasn't amazing anyway.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

The Mountain of the Cannibal God
(Sergio Martino, 1979)

I'm quite fond of these cannibal exploitation films. They combine Indiana Jones-style adventure with sleaze and gore and male castrations. The Mountain of the Cannibal God isn't as hardcore as later entries in the subgenre, like Cannibal Ferox and Cannibal Holocaust (one of my all-time favorite horror films), but it's still brutal and nasty and perverse. Most people condemn these films for containing real-life animal killings. Those scenes might be hard to stomach, but they add to the effectiveness of the horror. When you've seen real deaths occur on screen, I think it temporarily tricks the mind into thinking that the actors themselves are in danger -- that the stakes are for real. With the exception of an iguana that's gutted and eaten, most of the animal killings in this movie are a result of other animals, even if it's obvious that they were pitted together by the crew. For instance, a poor monkey that was thrust into the mouth of a python. The helpless, resigned look in the monkey's eyes as its skull is slowly crushed by the snake's jaws is the most haunting moment in the film.

The cannibals don't show up for a long time. That might be a detriment for some viewers, but I enjoyed the journey along the way. Mountain of the Cannibal God is just as much about man vs. nature as it is man vs. flesh-eaters. One of the things I love so much about these cannibal films is how the jungle essentially becomes its own character. The exotic locales add an authenticity that can mask the flat acting or poor dubbing or whatever other flaws typically come with the genre. Stacy Keach gives a better-than-usual performance for an exploitation film. Former Bond girl Ursula Andress is her usual bland self, but she seems undaunted by the physical challenges required of the role, so kudos for that. The gore is excellent. Compared to its cannibal peers, Mountain of the Cannibal God is relatively tame, but it more than makes up for it with a bat-***** insane climax that threatens to overdose on bizarre perversity. We get topless tribeswomen rubbing an orange substance all over Ursula's naked body. A long, lingering shot of a woman finger-banging her pubic jungle. Cave orgies. A severed penis. Disembowelment. A deranged cannibal midget. Then one of the most memorable images I've seen in awhile: a tribesman raping a giant pig. It was at that moment that I went from merely enjoying this film to outright loving it.

I bought that movie a while ago, Cap, but still haven't watched it.

Originally Posted by Captain Spaulding
For instance, a poor monkey that was thrust into the mouth of a python. The helpless, resigned look in the monkey's eyes as its skull is slowly crushed by the snake's jaws is the most haunting moment in the film.
And the monkey is actually killed? I don't wanna watch that!

And the monkey is actually killed? I don't wanna watch that!
It's no worse than what you might see on National Geographic.