Daredevil

Tools    

My life isn't written very well.
Oh Gawd!

It looks horrible!

Sorry guys, this movie looks really bad. Does anyone besides me think Ben Affleck looks like a big, gay Batman? And that look on his face in the posters and promos--I just can't take it seriously!

But, then again, I scoffed at Michael Keaton when I first heard he was doing Batman. So...we'll see...

edit: nice pictures jrs

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Originally posted by r3port3r66
But, then again, I scoffed at Michael Keaton when I first heard he was doing Batman. So...we'll see...
Keep that in mind. When Keaton was chosen for Batman it seemed he wouldn't fit in. He did - perfectly!

I have seen clips of Daredevil and the press kit and as for me.....
Mr. Affleck takes the character with ultimate stride and performance. Oh, sure people may think of him when it comes to films such as Dogma, Mallrats, or Chasing Amy but come on. Give him some credit.

The poster looks ok to me.... could have been a little different in my opinion but it passes.

I think it'll be a good ol' time. Just don't take it too seriously and you'll probably enjoy yourself. The costumes look semi-ridiculous and the villiains are sure to be over-the-top, but if you go in expect nothing more or less than a comic book popcorn flick, I doubt you'll be disappointed.

That said, his costume doesn't look that bad. It's the kind of costume an actual hero would probably wear, as both Batman and Spider-Man wear semi-unrealistic outfits.

How could Electra give daredevil a fight? What gave her any superpower? I say see this movie, but buy the ticket for something else. I'm tired of these directors giving these broads so much screen time. For what? So women will want to see the movie. F'em. They don't appreciate superheroes anyway.

I See You When You're Sleeping
Originally posted by Ringding
How could Electra give daredevil a fight? What gave her any superpower? I say see this movie, but buy the ticket for something else. I'm tired of these directors giving these broads so much screen time. For what? So women will want to see the movie. F'em. They don't appreciate superheroes anyway.
Hmmm. Well, I could shout and scream all day about these sexist comments but I won't. All I'll say is, please, please think about what you're saying!

oh and by the way, shutup, you stink!

They need a love interest. The film comes out on Valentine's Day. It'll probably make the story more interesting, and it'll certaintly garner more in the way of ticket sales. A fine idea, if you ask me.

Originally posted by dingbat

Someone once said a little knowledge was a dangerous thing and if that is true, you should be fairly safe…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Put me in your pocket...
Originally posted by Ringding
I'm tired of these directors giving these broads so much screen time. For what? So women will want to see the movie. F'em. They don't appreciate superheroes anyway.
Broads!?!.....F'em!?!

You realize you've just endeared yourself to the women of this forum.

Oh, now.

The lad is being intentionally incendiary to garner attention from the females here... a transparent ploy.

It did work, though... look who got all flustered and hot under the collar about it.

I'll have to try irritating them ... could be fun.

A novel adaptation.
Originally posted by Yoda
They need a love interest. The film comes out on Valentine's Day. It'll probably make the story more interesting, and it'll certaintly garner more in the way of ticket sales. A fine idea, if you ask me.
Oh God...
I suppose it was inevitable.

It was subconcious. I swear. I really want to see Affleck like this. I mean a flick! A flick like this. Comic book films are among my Favreau genres. Also, Joe Pantoliano...

Uh...

I'll admit to being only slightly sexist. But that's not the point. What if the director of "The Hours" integrated an exciting chase scene that would bring the guys in. (I did feel a little manipulated during the three lady liplocks) Weak minded people don't seem to mind a movie made to the widest market. Stay out of burger king since you don't need it "your way" and let's put our heads together and come up with one style of shoes that all women will like.

I see your point...

but I disagree to an extent.

Sometimes I watch a film I don't HAVE to think about for just that reason. Nothing wrong with a little Burger King for the mind every once in a while.

I run code all day long, sometimes my head needs a rest. Doesn't make me weak minded... makes me tired.

Personally, I can't be a serious audience member all the time.

Originally posted by Ding Bat

I'll admit to being only slightly sexist. But that's not the point. What if the director of "The Hours" integrated an exciting chase scene that would bring the guys in. (I did feel a little manipulated during the three lady liplocks) Weak minded people don't seem to mind a movie made to the widest market. Stay out of burger king since you don't need it "your way" and let's put our heads together and come up with one style of shoes that all women will like.

You just go from bad to worse don’t you… first you come on here with your condescending attitude and insult females with your derogatory remarks that you know what they like and dislike and now you have the audacity to imply that anyone who likes movies that are just for plain fun are “weak minded” …. Personally I think you’ve done a very nice job of proving yourself to have the mental capacity of a lab rat on crack…

A novel adaptation.
It was subconcious. I swear. I really want to see Affleck like this. I mean a flick! A flick like this
Face it Chris, you're a dork. It won't be long now until you're making puns in every post.

Oh god, I feel one coming on now...
Hulk Pun:
"You wouldn't like me when I'm Ang-Lee."

Originally posted by Herod
Face it Chris, you're a dork. It won't be long now until you're making puns in every post.
Whatcha mean "face it"? I've been trying to convince people of it for years.

Originally posted by Herod
Oh god, I feel one coming on now...
Hulk Pun:
"You wouldn't like me when I'm Ang-Lee."
That was good. Er, bad. But it was good at being bad.

Big deal..so I take that big leap and say women (that doesn't mean all) aren't into superheroes. Can't you ever stay on the point? And if you don't really care about how much thought went into the making of a movie, then why review it?