RIP Matthew Perry.

Tools    

Died with more wealth than a pharaoh.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
Well, damn. Now, I'll also remember my 25th birthday as the day Matthew Perry passed away. Rest in peace.

I just heard about this minutes ago. It's one of those deaths that's both somewhat of a shock and not really shocking. Not that he lived that kind of life exclusively but the man was known to have had his share of substance abuse problems. It's a shame.

RIP Mr. Perry.

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
RIP.
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

RIP. Condolensces to his family & friends (sic).

Know he has had a lot of trouble with drink and drugs over the years, so I'm guessing it's somehow related possibly? If so, t's a pity.

Was never really a Friends fan (and in truth the only one I could stand was Phoebe), but even still 54 is no age at all for someone who really should've had the world at his feet. Very sad.

His book is on the NYT best seller shelf right now along with other autobiographies of Elon Musk and Patrick Stewart. You'll see them all lined up at the newstand, the covers all have face shots. Thats ominous, I saw these books this morning. Shocking, he died too early.

Apparently commies didnt like him too much, my kind of guy.

R.I.P.

The truth is in here
Died with more wealth than a pharaoh.
So? You think saying something that stupidly obvious is necessary?
His death is a horrible tragedy, and I would like you to show a little more consideration for one of our generation's biggest sitcom stars.

Never seen Friends and never cared for sitcoms in general, but he seemed like a nice dude. And also a lot of the brains behind Friends as far as I could tell. Good on the improv.

I’m curious to hear more about his death. Cause it sure seems weird right now.

Rest in peace. 54 is no age.

So? You think saying something that stupidly obvious is necessary?
His death is a horrible tragedy, and I would like you to show a little more consideration for one of our generation's biggest sitcom stars.
Yeah, I have no idea what the point of that comment is. Famous actor is wealthy, got it. Contains neither insight nor empathy.

Unfortunately, he did not win against addiction; the opiod problem also affects famous people. Let's remember that he already had a problem with drug use before the series, which he mentioned, during the filming of the series too. In the 7th or 8th season he was even in rehab, and he was at his best in the last two seasons (in this meeting, after many years, he didn't say much at all, on the contrary, he was often not allowed to speak, he also said how important the series was for him and even cried). I will also remember him from the films "How to Bite 10 Million" and "The Guy Who Hangs Up".

My heart sank when I read about this. Chandler Bing was my favorite friend. Perry was a gifted actor with unparalleled comic timing. Also loved The Whole Nine Yards. Never really had the career he deserved, but I sure enjoyed him while he was here. I was also very relieved to learn that his death had nothing to do with drugs. From what I heard the cause of death was cardiac arrest. He's a had a rough time the last decade or so and I hope he will be at peace now. RIP.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Matthew Perry was great. I also remember him from his work in the 1980s. He played Carol Seaver's boyfriend Sandy on Growing Pains, who ultimately died in a drunk driving accident. He also was in the film "She's Out of Control" as Ami Dolenz's prom date who ended up being pretty sketchy. He, like some of his fellow Friends actors, had a short-lived show in "Second Chance", which he played a young version of the main character, who dies and is resurrected as Perry. The show would be retooled as "Boys Will Be Boys", completely giving up on the heaven angle.

But Chandler Bing would be the iconic role he was known for on Friends. I loved his wit and smart alecky humor. I felt like I wanted to be Chandler, using humor as a defense mechanism. Loved how he brought that style in "Fools Rush In" and the Whole Nine Yards film series. He will definitely be missed...RIP.

I was also very relieved to learn that his death had nothing to do with drugs. From what I heard the cause of death was cardiac arrest. He's a had a rough time the last decade or so and I hope he will be at peace now. RIP.
Not that how someone dies makes a difference to them, but I when I heard last night that he'd drowned in a bathtub or hot tub, my first thought was that he was intoxicated to the point of drowning. Thinking about how that news would hit his loved ones was very hard.

I'm sorry that he didn't get a chance to take another run at steady comedy work.