MoFo Turns 17, Can Finally Get Into Every Movie

Tools    

Obviously, that's what this has all been culminating towards. Having turned into an actual person sometime around eight (when I realized I could start making jokes about it having been anthropomorphized), all we've been waiting for is the moment it could finally get into an NC-17 film. But I guess that's not even a thing any more?

Anyway, per usual, I have to thank all the great users who've put so much time and effort into their contributions here over the years. The site is you, through and through. The "you" changes all the time, and it's changed more in this last year than most of those before it, but the core group of people always embodies the same general feeling and culture.

And while things have gotten sharper all over the Internet recently, and MoFo isn't immune to all that, I still feel the discussions here are an order of magnitude better and more thoughtful than most other places, despite our wide mix of views and styles.

Since I finally got around to posting that long-gestating Up essay, I think I'll finally get around to posting all the random Shoutbox nonsense I've been saving up over the years, too, before long.

Thank you, MoFos!

The forum is 17!!! What a divvy, i thought it was yodas Wedding Anniversary!!! 😆
Well if you look at Yoda's profile you'll see he's 32, so it would've been strange for him to be married when he was 15

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

The forum is 17!!! What a divvy, i thought it was yodas Wedding Anniversary!!! 😆
Well if you look at Yoda's profile you'll see he's 32, so it would've been strange for him to be married when he was 15
It never crossed my mind to check out his age, or anyones age for that matter, i just saw the word Anniversary and having been married myself i thought it was his wedding.

This might just do nobody any good.
Feels kind of strange that this forum is as old as me
Feels weird that I'm older than this forum.

Having turned into an actual person sometime around eight (when I realized I could start making jokes about it having been anthropomorphized), all we've been waiting for is the moment it could finally get into an NC-17 film. But I guess that's not even a thing any more?
Has NC-17 died out? That's a legitimate question. Since films are rated differently here than in the US, I have a hard time keeping track.

My room mate and I were discussing film ratings the other day, and started to go through ticket stubs to see what various "R" films were rated here, since most of the time they tend to be dropped to 14A. While the majority of films we found were indeed 14A, Alien Covenant was unexpectedly rated 18A. I guess that could be the equivalent of NC-17.

Has NC-17 died out? That's a legitimate question. Since films are rated differently here than in the US, I have a hard time keeping track.

My room mate and I were discussing film ratings the other day, and started to go through ticket stubs to see what various "R" films were rated here, since most of the time they tend to be dropped to 14A. While the majority of films we found were indeed 14A, Alien Covenant was unexpectedly rated 18A. I guess that could be the equivalent of NC-17.
That's a good question, I remember the rating going full swing around the Bad Lieutenant/Showgirls days but since it has seem to have dropped out. Maybe the current climate just leans more towards an UNRATED tag?

I kind of answered my own question by briefly reading through this article. We basically have 3 ratings for the American R (14A, 18A, and R). I think the differences in the rating systems are pretty interesting.

Seems to be dead. Checked Wikipedia and saw that the 2 NC-17 films to be released in 2016 were later edited down to R, and that there was only 1 NC-17 in the whole of 2015. Seems that most recent NC-17's just get edited or appealed down to R

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Congratulations Yoda. You built a very cool forum (and I have to say, I love the colour palette!)

Congratulations Yoda. You built a very cool forum (and I have to say, I love the colour palette!)
I though it was yodas Wedding Anniversary Dani😆

I though it was yodas Wedding Anniversary Dani😆
LOL I know. I thought that when I first started seeing anniversary threads and I was thinking to myself Hey I didnt even know that person was married.

A system of cells interlinked
Happy Birthday, MoFo! Sure has been a pleasure being a part of all the fun over the years.

Here is to many more!

Are any of the current mods also 17 years old today?

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Congratulations!

Here you would have to be 18 to get into any movie. (But you could also drink whilst doing so. If you happened to have a cinema which sells alcohol near you.)