Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

The Boss Baby I dragged myself to see Monday... Here's my review. What did you guys think?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds

One of the worst marvel films ever!
Does that film really deserve a ZERO? Interested in hearing your thoughts. Sure it is one of the weaker ones, but it would at least garner a
, no?

Suspect's Reviews

Does that film really deserve a ZERO? Interested in hearing your thoughts. Sure it is one of the weaker ones, but it would at least garner a
, no?
He gave John Wick 2 a
, so it sorta cancel out.

Based on the truth.. and lies.
Last one was "Happiness" went to dimple and bought never seen b4 wasnt good, watch at your own risk was gross, didnt have much of a point

2/10
The point is know what the dog was just licking up before you let it kiss you!

Ohhhhhhh!

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
, no?
He also gave Taken a zero, so...

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
Taking Care of Business (1990)

First time seeing this switched-identity comedy and it works for the most part. Jim Belushi plays a convict who is serving the last two days of a prison sentence and wins some tickets to the World Series over the radio. So, with 48 hours of jail left, he decides to break out so he can go to the game! His jail buddies fake a riot where Belushi is "taken hostage" while he is really sneaking out during all the chaos. While he's sneaking a ride with the prison bus, Charles Grodin, a big city businessman gets mugged, losing his Filofax with all of his info, credits cards...practically his whole life in that thing. Of course Belushi finds it and starts living it up posing as Grodin's character. He experiences the high life, driving Grodin's fancy car, romancing the daughter of the boss, going to meetings and crudely telling it straight to other businessmen, basically not caring what they think. Meanwhile, Grodin is walking the streets looking like a bum, till he gets some much-needed help from an old friend, wonderfully played by Anne De Salvo. Grodin basically plays his usual slow-burn character, and Belushi is light-hearted and easy-going. Grodin has lots of people he's never met face-to-face with on business deals who naturally don't believe this sloppy-looking guy when they've already met with Belushi wearing Grodin's suits and throwing around money. But, as the films goes on, you know the two are going to meet up and Grodin will vent his spleen on Belushi. A good supporting cast helps out tremendously, including the aforementioned De Salvo ("Arthur"), Stephen Elliott (also in "Arthur"), the beautiful Loryn Locklin, the also beautiful Veronica Hamel and Gates McFadden, Hector Elizondo, Mako, John de Lancie, and the great Ken Foree (the original "Dawn of the Dead"). Not a perfect gut-buster but well-worth the watch.

Good to see a positive take on Taking Care of Business.

This might just do nobody any good.

I don't understand what I have seen but I love it.

Cent sur Dix.

Black Swan (2010) -

I would sincerely like to know why Darren Aronofsky does not have a Best Director Oscar

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Dial M for Murder (1954)

Very enjoyable little soap opera. I almost feel like I just watched a swanky B movie from the UK. The blurry street backdrop reminded me of bad CGI. Luckily, this film does not need to rely on any special effects. I was drawn in by every word. Excellent theatre. A quality stage performance.

Legend in my own mind

Buffalo 66 (1998)

Enjoyed it.

Full review in my thread or the HoF 13 thread.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Coherence

(James Ward Byrkit)

Here is a film that I am glad I gave a chance. A directorial debut, shot in his own house, in 5 days and on a budget of $50,000 does not sound like the type of film I have time for, but Coherence manages to entertain, confuse and delight.

8 friends get together for a dinner party the night a comet passes by Earth. Just as the comet passes, the entire street neighbourhood suffers a blackout,only one house has their lights on. As the people decide to investigate and ask for help, strange things begin to happen and they start to question their own reality.

Okay, not much to go on, but I feel if I say anything more regarding the plot would spoil the 'discovery' of the film. Coherence is very much a discovery movie as it likes to peel away at its own layers to reveal bits and pieces of the mysteries. I went in blind, only knowing that my uncle had recommended it and it starred Nicholas Brendon from Buffy fame. I didn't expect the film to be as enthralling as it is. The film is essentially people talking to each other in one room. How exciting can it get?

Byrkit wanted conduct an experiment, Coherence is the result. The test was to shoot a film with no crew and no script for the actors. So each actor was given a paragraph for the specific scene and their goal was to achieve whatever was on that paper. For example, one actor was told he had to leave the house to investigate outside, another actor was told to make sure the guy doesn't leave the house no matter what. The rest is improvisation on the actors. Most of the dialogue is improv, which provides a more causal atmosphere. You'll usually see this in a film about people simply hanging out, like in the film Drinking Buddies. Coherence is very much about people hanging out, but the impressive part is how structured the mysteries are and the peeling away at the core elements presented by the director. The second aspect was the skeleton crew behind the scenes. Two sound guys, a producer, the director and the DOP. That's it. Coherence is impressive to me based on these facts and the final results.

Great filmmakers can do a lot with very little. Byrkit does this with Coherence. I won't call him a great filmmaker just yet, the jury is still out on that. The visual style here is very basic, Byrkit serves the story first and negates the visuals. Not a big deal, but now that we know the guy can direct, let's see what he can really do with some change in his pocket. The cast itself helps propel the film to where it needs to go. The improvisation helps this, they all seem to really work well off each other and when the impossible starts to be possible, they seem to have a lot of fun with the concept.

Coherence is a math puzzle that is a lot of fun to solve, fans of the horror film Triangle will definitely get a kick out of this one. When a film asks the viewer to look for and solve clues, it's always a fun time. Give this unknown little independent film a chance, you might be surprised by the results.

“I was cured, all right!”
, no?
He gave John Wick 2 a
, so it sorta cancel out.
He also gave Taken a zero, so...

Based on what you rate films?
If you like? If don't like? Just like that?
With me it's different, I give a note based on what they're selling me and what I'm getting! If I go to the cinema to see 'Taken', a movie that is selling me action, I'll base it on it, even if the movie takes different paths in the middle or in the end, I'll still judge it for what it is and by what he gave me! The action sucks, sorry, but Shaky Cam? really? That is unbearable! If they sell action I want to see the damn action!
Why did I give 'John Wick 2' 5 out of 5? They were selling me action, and I was completely satisfied with it, if anyone wants to compare it to The Godfather, okay!
If I go to the cinema today see 'Fast 8' I'll say he's bad based on what? The film is part of a franchise that doesn't take itself seriously and they sells the film like that! just like Transformers sells you explosions! "Hey guys, we made another Transformers, there are explosions and a lot of CGI, we changed the lead actor but nobody gives a damn right?" Right, people who likes this films don't give a damn!
If you can't take me serious because I watch films like 'Oppai Chanbara: Striptease Samurai Squad' ok! But they sell it like a garbage pink film...
and it delivers!
Based on this, Thor it's a big failure to me, they fail to delivery everything in that film.

I

Legend in my own mind

Catch me if you can (2003)

I last watched this 10 or more years ago.

I remember that I liked it and have wanted to rewatch it for a while now.

I realise that I had never fully appreciated it the first time, but that is more to do with me than the film.

This is an excellent film.

Hanks and Di Caprio

I previously enjoyed it, but now it is a firm favourite.

“I was cured, all right!”

What the trailers and all Promotional merchandise sells?
A Gangster/Political Drama!
And it delivers!! One of the best political gangster films that I saw and one of the best films that I saw this year!

Coherence is a math puzzle that is a lot of fun to solve, fans of the horror film Triangle will definitely get a kick out of this one. When a film asks the viewer to look for and solve clues, it's always a fun time. Give this unknown little independent film a chance, you might be surprised by the results.
Yeah I liked both of those alot. Coherence is a very good film. One of my top sci -fi's since the turn of the century.

Black Swan (2010) -

I would sincerely like to know why Darren Aronofsky does not have a Best Director Oscar
He deserved it for The Wrestler or Requiem for a Dream but not for this.