Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Ghostbusters (2016) -

X-Men: First Class (2011) -

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Mechanic Resurrection was fun. Like Machete kind of fun. Bad green screen, dumb one liners, exaggerated characters, everything I expected and got. I had a good time.

Ghost in the Shell (2017)
+
It's okay.

+Visually stunning, great sounding and shot action movie. I like Cyberpunk so there was no way that I would be bored completely. Scarlett in my opinion was good choice for Major and I don't care about these American actor choices cause that whole debate is moronic.

-Philosophical aspect is lost here compared to original and some scenes didn't translate well and felt a bit dumb. Even without comparing it to anime there was something a bit off about movie. Can't explain, sorry.

Kong: Skull Island (2017)

Quite boring with all possible cliches and terrible characters. I have seen this story many times under different skin. Oh, look, this scene, oh, look, that scene, oh, look, joke scene (which failed)! Damn, it was too long and I actually wanted to just go home.

What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? - 1962

I’ll be upfront, the main reason I’m watching this movie is because of my obsession with the TV show Feud. As I sat down to watch this classic, it barely took me a minute to completely forget the TV show and get immersed in this world. The story centers around two sisters, both once movie stars, played by Bette Davis (Baby Jane) and Joan Crawford (Blanche). This casting is now Hollywood legend, boosted by their mutual disdain and bitter rivalry. Directed by Robert Aldrich, a master of movie genre, this movie had all the makings to be a bomb and it turned out to be a classic, thanks to his ability to reel in his stars.

What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? is a great psychological thriller that will stick with you long after you watch it. The ending to this movie, I don’t want to ruin it for you, but I just want to say it’s disturbing and sad. I have been singing in my head, "I've Written a Letter to Daddy" and it both creeps me out and makes me happy. That inner conflict of emotions is why I love movies.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? - 1962

I’ll be upfront, the main reason I’m watching this movie is because of my obsession with the TV show Feud. As I sat down to watch this classic, it barely took me a minute to completely forget the TV show and get immersed in this world. The story centers around two sisters, both once movie stars, played by Bette Davis (Baby Jane) and Joan Crawford (Blanche). This casting is now Hollywood legend, boosted by their mutual disdain and bitter rivalry. Directed by Robert Aldrich, a master of movie genre, this movie had all the makings to be a bomb and it turned out to be a classic, thanks to his ability to reel in his stars.

What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? is a great psychological thriller that will stick with you long after you watch it. The ending to this movie, I don’t want to ruin it for you, but I just want to say it’s disturbing and sad. I have been singing in my head, "I've Written a Letter to Daddy" and it both creeps me out and makes me happy. That inner conflict of emotions is why I love movies.
Excellent choice, of both the movie and the tv show.

Based on the truth.. and lies.
Last one was "Happiness" went to dimple and bought never seen b4 wasnt good, watch at your own risk was gross, didnt have much of a point

2/10

Last one was "Happiness" went to dimple and bought never seen b4 wasnt good, watch at your own risk was gross, didnt have much of a point

2/10
The point is know what the dog was just licking up before you let it kiss you!

My Darling Clementine (1946)

So beautifully filmed with the story and characters done so well, this is easily the best movie I've seen featuring the gunfight at the O.K. Corral. I've thought for a while now that John Ford was a stud director, and I've recently come to the realization of how great Henry Fonda was. This movie also has great performances from Victor Mature and Walter Brennan, but really seemed to have a little bit of everything.
Glad you liked it so much, one of my favourite 40's watches so far. You seem to be on a streak of going through the 40's films i've watched for the Countdown right now haha.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
@Gideon58 Have not heard of Get Low, will have to go and check it out

CORRECTION: I HAVE seen this, been quite a while and forgotten it, but remembering it being VERY good!!

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

A Most Wanted Man
The tension is kept taught in this very un-Hollywood spy movie. Great movie. Will be watching this one again.

Assassin's Creed
++ Definitely need to rewatch this to get a firm grip of it. Visually stylish.

BFG
Quite charming and rather endearing lil film. The child in me loved it.

La La Land (2016)

Wonderfully bitter sweet Hollywood fairy tale that pulled on my sentimental heart strings during most of it's running time. It's not 10 because there were minor mediocre moments, but otherwise it exceeded my expectations. The hype is real people. But you already knew that, on me.

Get Out (2017)

I'm in the minority who doesn't think this film is great. Racism card was played way too much, even if it was presented in subtle manner,- as if. "Something is creepily off" vibe was in every frame so it couldn't have rhythm. Though I must say few times it wasn't being annoying it managed to create genuine atmosphere of creepy dread. With better direction, this could have been a gem.

This might just do nobody any good.

It's beautiful and feels like the first in a long time to be fully deserving of the term.

It's strange, I can't stop thinking about it but I don't think I had a strong reaction to it while watching it. I'm dying to revisit.

It's all about a struggle to communicate. Communicate frustration, love, aspirations and hatred. It's something that I, and I'm sure many others, are too familiar with. Holding back your exact words and creating shells for yourself. In retrospect, the final lines and final shot feel like some of the most cathartic and potent in all of last year.

On performances, Ali and Harris are wonderful but I think André Holland is perfect in the final act. His work might be one for the ages in terms of close-ups.

9.5/10

Hey nostromo, nice little comment on a really fun movie:

As someone who loves the 80s was time to give this a go.
The car scene where they're chased by Guido the killer pimp was like something out of
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.
I agree and that clip you provided is probably my favorite part of the whole movie. The final "zingers" between Cruise and Curtis "Booger" Armstrong is aces!

Ready to Rumble (2000) Re-watch

Hadn't seen this since viewing it at the cinema the year of its release, but remembered liking it quite a bit so I thought a re-watch was in order when it came on cable the other night. I ended up enjoying it probably a bit more. All about two young slacker sewer workers (Scott Caan and David Arquette) who are massive professional wrestling fans and go one night to see their hero, Jimmy King (Oliver Platt) live. They just so happen to pick the night where the head of the wrestling corporation (Joe Pantoliano) has decided that King's "reign" is over and he has a crowd of wrestlers, led by Diamond Dallas Page, sabotage King and put him out of commission, ostensibly ending his wrestling career. But this will not stand with his two biggest fans, Gordie (Arquette) and Sean (Caan), who set about pulling King out of his drunken funk and getting an unlikely wrestling expert to help: an elderly ass-kicker played by a gleeful Martin Landau. Throw in a sexy ring girl played by Rose McGowan and you've got a fun-loving action-comedy that never lets up and is gamely played by its entire cast. Some of the funniest bits are when one of the buddies gets hit in the face or thrown by one of the wrestlers, and the other friend rushes up and says, "Now do me!" Wonderful slob comedy.

Taking Care of Business (1990)

First time seeing this switched-identity comedy and it works for the most part. Jim Belushi plays a convict who is serving the last two days of a prison sentence and wins some tickets to the World Series over the radio. So, with 48 hours of jail left, he decides to break out so he can go to the game! His jail buddies fake a riot where Belushi is "taken hostage" while he is really sneaking out during all the chaos. While he's sneaking a ride with the prison bus, Charles Grodin, a big city businessman gets mugged, losing his Filofax with all of his info, credits cards...practically his whole life in that thing. Of course Belushi finds it and starts living it up posing as Grodin's character. He experiences the high life, driving Grodin's fancy car, romancing the daughter of the boss, going to meetings and crudely telling it straight to other businessmen, basically not caring what they think. Meanwhile, Grodin is walking the streets looking like a bum, till he gets some much-needed help from an old friend, wonderfully played by Anne De Salvo. Grodin basically plays his usual slow-burn character, and Belushi is light-hearted and easy-going. Grodin has lots of people he's never met face-to-face with on business deals who naturally don't believe this sloppy-looking guy when they've already met with Belushi wearing Grodin's suits and throwing around money. But, as the films goes on, you know the two are going to meet up and Grodin will vent his spleen on Belushi. A good supporting cast helps out tremendously, including the aforementioned De Salvo ("Arthur"), Stephen Elliott (also in "Arthur"), the beautiful Loryn Locklin, the also beautiful Veronica Hamel and Gates McFadden, Hector Elizondo, Mako, John de Lancie, and the great Ken Foree (the original "Dawn of the Dead"). Not a perfect gut-buster but well-worth the watch.

The Night of the Hunter.

It was good. A problem I had with it was the cheesy trumpet music they always play in old movies, which definitely doesn't help to build the atmosphere of the film. The music makes the atmosphere feel awkward. There were some scenes where I feel like if they omitted the music, the scene would have a great sense of dread.

There was a couple of dumb character decisions but I can forgive that since the main characters are kids (No offense to any kids out there!).

Not much else to say about it, so I'm going to give this film:

3.5 popcorn bags out of 5 popcorn bags.

The Handmaiden (2016)

Loving (2016)

Spring Breakers (2012)
Director: Harmony Korine
Starring: James Franco, Selena Gomez, Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Benson, Rachel Korine.

This movie is about a group of college students want to go to a spring break trip, have fun. But they do not have enough money to go to the trip so they rob a diner.
Eventually during the trip the girls got involved with a rapper/ gangster / Arms dealer/ Drug Lord played by James Franco and what happens to those girls that's the main plot of the movie.

Now I really like James Franco as an actor. I liked 127 Hours, I liked Pineapple Express. This is the End, The Interview and the latest movie Why Him which I also very much enjoyed. In this movie also he was completely lost into the character. I think that's the best part of the movie.
The girls' characters are fine I guess. I did not find their characters that interesting. I didn't really care about any of them. Throughout the movie I was confused about who the lead is. First I thought Selena Gomez's character is the lead character. Then I thought James Franco's character is the lead. But when the movie ends I still did not find proper antagonist or protagonist. Also the editing of the movie felt like a music video editing. It took a long time to get into the main plot. The tone of the movie was all over the place. This movie literally gave me headache.

But my biggest issue with the movie is the narration. Most of the time viewers are inside different character's head, listening to their thoughts (or they were speaking out loud, I didn't understand). Narration wise this movie sometimes feels like some Terrence Malick movies like "To The Wonder" or "Knight of Cups". Some of the dialogues are repeated over and over again the exact same way as if someone is reading a poetry.

Overall, I did not like Spring Breakers. This is not a bad movie where nothing makes sense, it's just the way it is told felt dull. I am going to give it a C.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Get Out (2017)

I'm in the minority who doesn't think this film is great. Racism card was played way too much, even if it was presented in subtle manner,- as if. "Something is creepily off" vibe was in every frame so it couldn't have rhythm. Though I must say few times it wasn't being annoying it managed to create genuine atmosphere of creepy dread. With better direction, this could have been a gem.
A movie that puts a spotlight on the comfortableness of racism.....had too much focus on racism? Consider me confused. Did Goodfellas deal too much with the mob?

Suspect's Reviews