Your Most Hated Music Artist.

Tools    

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I will not say I hate an artist, but there are songs that make me instantly change the radio station. Strangely, by artists that, in general, I like.

Can't stand "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton, and I really can't stand "Old Time Rock 'N' Roll" by Bob Seger. The former because it's sappy, overplayed, and is the one "sell out" song Clapton ever made, and the latter because it's terrible corporate rock glorifying the past while having none of the soul or passion that actual "old time rock 'n' roll" possessed in spades.

Otherwise, I can't say i hate any one artist. Rap is not to my taste so i don't listen to it, but I don't hate it. Same with country.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Can't stand "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton, and I really can't stand "Old Time Rock 'N' Roll" by Bob Seger.
I love both of those songs, but I get what you're saying and I do tend to be more hateful of individual songs than of the artists that sing them.

I always dread when radio stations start playing Christmas music, because there is one song that I absolutely cannot stand. I seriously get violent urges from hearing this song. Like I want to punch somebody in the face.

This is that song:

And I usually like McCartney.

I also think I tend to hate a bad song by an artist I love more than I would hate a bad song by an artist I dislike or am indifferent to. Like this steaming pile of poo:

And as anybody who has read any music related posts of mine should know by now, I LOVE Lindsey Buckingham.

I always dread when radio stations start playing Christmas music, because there is one song that I absolutely cannot stand. I seriously get violent urges from hearing this song. Like I want to punch somebody in the face.

This is that song:

Oh my god. My sister (whose birthday is actually tomorrow) hates that song, too! Like, I would do anything just to make her hear it so she'd be annoyed.

I like the song myself. I don't understand why people hate it.

I personally hate this Christmas song with a passion:

Ever since years ago when I worked in this store during Christmas season and heard this song constantly.

I personally hate this Christmas song with a passion:

Ever since years ago when I worked in this store during Christmas season and heard this song constantly.
I like that song, though I actually prefer Melissa Etheridge's cover version.

I don't like it (War is Over). I think it sounds slow and depressing. The background singers - I think they're kids - are the worst. I prefer Wonderful Christmas Time -- it's faster and happier. Puts me in the Christmas spirit. War is Over sounds like Christmas at a sad, lonely orphanage.

If I never hear "Wonderful Christmas Time" again, it'll be too soon.

This talk of solo Beatles reminded me of another McCartney song I hate:

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
REM

I'm pretty sure this thread will contain intermittent bickering until the end of the time.
Oh yah!!!

I don't think I've ever heard a single song by John Maher. In fact, were it not for the apparent fact that he shags everything he comes into contact with, I'd have never even heard of him. Literally couldn't pick him out of a line up.

I don't think I've ever heard a single song by John Maher. In fact, were it not for the apparent fact that he shags everything he comes into contact with, I'd have never even heard of him. Literally couldn't pick him out of a line up.
Let's test that -- which one is John Mayer?

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	whoopi-goldberg-450pk041411.jpg
Views:	2209
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	10444   Click image for larger version

Name:	John-Mayer.jpg
Views:	2018
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	10445   Click image for larger version

Name:	100721_sigourney_weaver_smile_ap_392_regular.jpg
Views:	1590
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	10446  

Two of them are wrinkly, glasses wearing females (I think...) and the third person has kind of feminine hair.

-Most manufactured bands like The Spice Girls or Mumford and Sons
I just noticed this. In what way is Mumford and Sons a "manufactured" band?

Sigh. Another artist I love. What do you hate about them?

I like REM, too. They might be too whiny or something for Loner, though.

How did they meet?

They were cherry picked by Island records.
Do you have evidence to support this? Everything I've read says that they came together the way a lot of bands do: a couple of childhood friends got together with some other people they knew from the "scene" and made music together.

Do you have evidence to support this? Everything I've read says that they came together the way a lot of bands do: a couple of childhood friends got together with some other people they knew from the "scene" and made music together.
No i have no evidence. It doesn't matter really as that's not why i hate them

I hate them because they're awful.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Sigh. Another artist I love. What do you hate about them?
I think this sums it up.