Favorite Tom Cruise movie?

Tools    

wanabe movie critique
All movies which stared Tom Cruise doesn't make it to my list due to his acting, which ruins everything. Sorry to be so hard on him but he is probably the most overrated actor IMO.

Jerry Maguire and Rain Man.

Rain Man for me.

Definitely these two. Colour of Money is also right up there.

Surprised no one has mentioned "Days of Thunder", ha ha. It wasn't that bad!
I didn't like him in The Color of Money...the performance was a little over the top for me, but Newman was superb.

A system of cells interlinked
Minority Report, The Firm, Oblivion, Magnolia, Interview With A Vampire...I like Tom Cruise in some roles quite a bit. he definitely goes over the top in some roles, though.

Much that once was is lost
I'm not sure of what is the question: Favourite movie with Tom Cruise or his best performance in a movie?

I agree with the comment somebody posted earlier. When carrying a movie on his own he is usually "too much Tom Cruise" (for example Oblivion). But when he shares the screen or has a minor role his performances are better.

Rain Man is probably my favourite. In the recent ones, Edge of Tomorrow was great, although I liked more the story than his acting.
Interview with the Vampire is great too. And, as somebody already mentionned, his small role in Tropic Thunder was hilarious.

Wow, 3 pages and not one mention of Vanilla Sky? That is easily my favourite Tom Cruise movie. One of the most underrated movies ever IMO. After that I would say Rain Man, then Collateral.

This is too hard. There's no way to pick one favorite Tom Cruise movie.

My Top 6 (in chronological order):

The Color of Money (1986)
Rain Man (1988)
Born on the Fourth of July (1989)
Jerry Maguire (1996)
Eyes Wide Shut (1999)
Magnolia (1999)

I'm not really a fan of his action and science fiction films as you can see. Those 6 films feature Cruise in top form.