My 450 Favorite Films Ever-A List I'll probably Never Finish

Tools    

Recent highlights for me are Vacation, Straw Dogs, Django Unchained, Poltergeist, Cape Fear, and to a lesser extent-Winter's Bone and Jeepers Creepers.

Wasn't a fan of Brick for my one viewing.

Finished here. It's been fun.
371 Carrie

Love me some De Palma.

370 Infernal Affairs

A pulse-pounding and energetic Hong-Kong crime thriller.

369 The Man from Nowhere

An equally as impressive crime thriller from South Korea. Some of the most fluid and well-realized action sequences in all of 2000's action cinema.

368 Sans Soleil

Chris Marker crafts one of the most poetic experimental films in cinematic history. The opening scene is breathtaking.

367 It's Such A Beautiful Day

Hertzfeld crafts a touching and moving animation about life and death.

I like De Palma's style from what I've seen but I wasn't huge on Carrie. And I've only seen one of the shorts which makes up It's Such A Beautiful Day, which I liked.

From the last set I've seen Django Unchained which I'm a big fan of, and Battle Royale which is okay. Before that, I really disliked Cape Fear as you should know, then before that again I like Straw Dogs and think Night and Fog is great

Appreciating the feedback so far guys, and I'm sorry if some of these sets prove a little disappointing. It's one thing to create a top 100 of personal favorites, but making a list of over 400 titles is tricky.

I've loved Carrie since I saw it at the movies as a kid-it gave me nightmares.

I liked It's Such a Beautiful Day, although I voted for it last when JJ nominated it for the 5th HoF.

Infernal Affairs and The Man From Nowhere are on my watchlist.

Master of My Domain
Carrie is awesome. I don't know why I left it off my Top Horrors List.

Infernal Affairs is way better than the remake, The Departed and The Man From Nowhere is a great Korean-style action flick driven with vengeance and great cinematography for the fight scenes.

Carrie obviously deserved a rep !

366 The Departed

A gloriously entertaining and involving crime drama full of incredible performances and great direction.

365 Hearts of Darkness:A Filmmaker's Apocalypse

One of the best documentaries ever, about one of the best films ever. What's not to like?

364 Thief

One of Mann's coolest films.This is how you make a stylish neo-noir. James Cann kills it as a criminal trying to get out of the game.

363 The Descendants
A touching family drama. Alexander Payne turns films that could be maudlin and lends them an honest touch of humanism. My favorite of his is still up ahead, much farther ahead in fact.

362 The Immigrant

A beautiful melodrama from James Gray. Marvelous photography and mise en scene.

361 The Cider House Rules

A beautifully told tale.

360 La Haine

A tension-filled urban drama from France.

359 The Usual Suspects

Got a special place in my heart for this one, as it was one of those movies that really got me into film during my mid-teens. Do I hold it in the same regard as before? No. Do I still think it's a damn good thriller? Yes.

358 Amelie

Charming as hell with lush, vibrant photography. Hard not to like.

357 The Exorcist III

One of the most underrated films...ever. I still can't fathom why this one doesn't garner a larger following. It's a brilliant mood piece, both chilling and terrifying in equal measure. I still believe the hospital scene as one of the most terrifying scenes in cinematic history. No joke.

356 City of Women

A surreal, psychedelic ride through the mind of one of the most creative filmmakers of all-time. It all feels like a half-remembered fever dream. So deliciously odd, so deliriously unique. Would make Jodorowsky blush.

355 The Red Balloon

Still regard it as one of the greatest short films ever.

354 Donnie Brasco

When I was younger, gangster films were my absolute favorite genre. This is still one of my favorites. It holds up really well.

353 The Man From London

Modernist noir, done through long-takes and heart-crushing humanism.

352 Her

Sci-fi romance done through the eyes of Spike Jonze. A ridiculously contrived premise is executed unbelievably well in my eyes. One of my favorite modern sci-fi films for sure.

351 Threads

The bleakest, most realistic, as well as most devastating film about the nuclear apocalypse. The first hour builds up towards the horrifying second half. This movie does not pull any punches. Calling it bleak would be a colossal understatement.

350 Earth

My, god, what a lovely creation this is.

Big thumbs up for The Exorcist 3, it's not really a big favourite but it was the only good sequel. Her is one of my favourites of this decade so far. Also like The Departed, The Descendants, The Usual Suspects and Donnie Brasco. The only one I'm not a fan of is Amelie.

I still haven't seen The Exorcist III but I've seen the hospital scene and yes, it's scary as f*ck.

Love The Departed, La Haine, The Usual Suspects, The Exorcist III and Donnie Brasco.

Great List Lucas !

The Departed, Heart of Darkness, La Haine, The Usual Suspects, Amelie, Threads and Donnie Brasco. Three of those are on my own 100, so I'd have repped the post anyway, but you even managed to add a few more that I like. In fact, the only film on there (that I've seen) that I don't like is The Red Balloon.

Master of My Domain
Heart of Darkness is my favorite documentary ever. Other reasons why I gave you rep is La Haine, City of Women, The Man from London, Her, which is my 2nd favorite film of 2013, and lastly Sherlock Jr., a film that is in my 100.

The Departed, The Usual Suspects, and Donnie Brasco are my biggest favorites from your last set, and I also think very highly of Threads, Sherlock Jr, Thief, and The Descendants.

I've seen The Exorcist III and Cider House Rules but hardly remember them.

I didn't hate La Haine or Amelie, but I'm not a fan.

So great to see some love for Another Woman...just saw it recently and loved it...Rowlands is brilliant in a performance that rivals her work in A Woman Under the Influence.