Nightmare on Elm Street Remake

Tools    

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
While i will go see this as i love the nightmare on elm street movies, iam abit unsure with the fact they havnt brought back robert englund

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I love the poster its very cool and I just happened to find the pics on Bloodydisgusting.com and I dont know what it is but im not happy with what I can make out from it

Manolo, Shoot That Piece Of Sh*t!
Hmm, I find movies like Nightmare in elmstreet, scream, .. Are horror movies from a different time, horror these days is different, and I don't wanna see remakes of classics as these.

Greets
Spikez

Spikez's DVD Collection

Last Movie Seen: The Breakfast Club

Well there is not gonna be a remake of Scream, just to clear thatup. But, as for NOES, I was strongly doubtful at first, but I'm very curious now. I really am kinda anxious to see this now.

There's only one way to stop Hollywood doing these remakes and that's to stop spending your money on them. The studios know that by remaking cult classics they're guaranteed an audience. Even if the film stinks and is universally panned by the critics, curiosity will get the better of many of us and the studio will still make a profit. I say just vote with your wallets and boycott these flicks; unless they're good of course remember sometimes remakes can turn out pretty well.

This.

Hollywood does need to calm down a bit on the remakes. I'm starting to turn into one of those old fogies who keep saying how Hollywood has destroyed certain films by remaking them. But truth be told, i'm starting to understand how they feel. It's just getting too much now. I still think that the creativity of films in general are getting stronger and stonger when they are not being remade, but if the big wigs forgot about their purses for a sec then maybe 90% instead of 50 of the films that come out will be original.

A system of cells interlinked
As bad as this will probably be, I am mildly curious to see what Haley can do with the role...

With Haley in the lead role...I don't think it will be bad. I had my doubts cause it wasn't Robert Englund. But after seeing him in makeup.....he looks freakin awesome!!! He's signeed on for two more Nightmare sequels after this one if this is a success, and I have no doubt it will be.

I Am Registered And So Can You!
Hmm, I find movies like Nightmare in elmstreet, scream, .. Are horror movies from a different time, horror these days is different, and I don't wanna see remakes of classics as these.

Greets
Spikez
I wouldn't put Scream and Nightmare on Elm Street in the same horror category...

And as for the Nightmare remake: I am skeptical. I won't totally dismiss it, but I am skeptical.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
That is how I feel about the new Freddy movie Mischievous im hopeing it will be as awesome as the original movies but I dont know if it will be. Maybe if they cast Robert Englund I would be feeling differently towards it

and I have no doubt it will be.
I do..

The problem isn't necessarily with the casting with Haley, he seems like a decent choice and i'm sure he'll be fine..but it's the fact that they are remaking a great film that came out in 1984.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I agree that there is no need to remake this but im interested in seeing it but im reserverd about the movie butit will be interresting to see it.

I'm sorry, but the whole "Freddy may or may not be the Springwood slasher" thing is bastardizing the character. You can't turn Freddy Krueger, the embodiment of pure evil, into a sympathetic victim who's gruesome crusade against Elm Street's teen's is so rightfully justified.

...uh the post is up there...

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
I loved Freddy where he really was the Springwood Slasher. He just showed when insanity became insane.

Trailer here:

I know, just figured people'd like to stay in the same thread.