How Do You Describe Your Ranking Scale?

Tools    

Most people now-a-days use a 1-10 ranking scale for movies, video games, music, etc. Usually along with the number, they use a word that describes their feelings towards movies that receive that rank. How do you describe your ranking scale? Here is mine. If you don't use a 1-10 scale, how do you rank your films then?

Positive
10-Wonderful
9-Great
8-Really Good
7-Good
6-Okay

Negative
5-Medicore
4-Bad
3-Really Bad
2-Terrible
1-Horrendous

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I don't really use one-word descriptions for my scale. It's more about how I felt about the movie.

5 = A great movie. A favorite that I will watch over and over again.

4 = A very good movie, maybe even great. I would watch it again, and it could even make my favorites list.

3 = A good movie, but I'm not likely to watch it again. I can appreciate the movie, but it's just not my cup of tea.

2 = A bad movie that I will never watch again. Not necessarily the worst movie ever, but there was nothing about it that I liked.

1 = A terrible movie. It has no redeeming qualities, and I will never watch it again. I fact, I regret wasting my time to watch it the first time.

Anything in between those would get half point ratings, for example, a 3.5 rating would be a good to very good movie, but it's not likely to make my favorites list, and a 2.5 rating would be a movie that's just okay, but not quite good or bad. It might have something interesting about it, but I'm not likely to watch it again.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
5.0 - Metaphysical
4.5 - Supreme Masterpiece
4.0 - Glorious
3.5 - Exquisite
3.0 - Nice
2.5 - Decent
2.0 - Watchable
1.5 - Bad
1.0 - Atrocious
0.5 - Oh God, why?
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

- Masterpiece or Epic fan boy wankery (From Taxi Driver to The Avengers)

Excellent!

Very Good

Good

Average / okay / could have been worse

Mediocre (I also rate arthouse this if I think I might get a different feeling on a rewatch)

A bad movie, but has technical competence. (Tree of Life or Nashville type movies)

Bad movie + technical competence + me hating it and or WTF subject matter (Naked and She Hate Me)

Bad movie, questionable technical choices, or just really poor quality (World War Z)

Bad movie, crap aesthetics, poor quality and or generally questionable subject matter

The Blair Witch Project

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001111 01010110 01000101 00100000 01011001 01001111 01010101 00100000 01000010 01001100 01010101 01000101 01000100 01000101 01000101 01000100

Mine is quite similar to Gunslinger's.

But I'm a bit more positive on the 2 pop corns, I don't think these films are bad films, but I wouldn't really recommend them either. 1.5 for me is either weak or completely forgettable, and anything lower than that ranges from bad, to very bad, to complete turds

Damn, it wasn't more than a few days ago I thought about making such thread. But whatever, now when it's here I'll join in on the fun!

I use 1-10 usually, but with the popcorn scale I just use half points and it's the same as a 10-scale. Like 2.5 popcorns = 5/10 and so on...

10 - A phenomenal movie. At least 99% masterpiece with little to no flaws.
9 - Just short of a masterpiece but still extremely great
8 - a really good movie
7 - it's a good movie no doubt
6 - it was pretty good nothing too special
5 - mediocre but not bad
4 - under average and pretty bad
3 - a bad movie
2 - a truly awful movie
1 - worst pile of crap ever!

Masterpiece

Fantastic (also the highest rating I will give a film on first viewing usually)

Great

Very good

Good

Decent

Mediocre

Bad

Very bad

Horrible

Worst of the worst (I never really give these though because Letterboxd doesn't have a 0 rating )

Mines are from 1 to 10 as well

10. Master piece (most of my favorite movies don't even get to that)
9. Awesome, a must watch
8. Great
7.Too much flaws to not notice, but still pretty good
6. Decent, but nothing special
5. Watchable
4. Too much flaws
3. Bad
2. More than bad
1. ??

- Masterpiece (or just a personal all-time favourite)
- Great
- Very Good
- Good
- Above average
- Average
- Below average
- Bad
- Very Bad
- Awful
- Abomination

My rating scale is determined to a large degree by overall enjoyment of the film, with some minor adjustments made for things like performances, special effects, cinematography, etc. I almost never rate a movie lower than

-
: Absolutely loved it. There may be some flaws but little or nothing that actually bothers me. These are movies that stick with me and that I think about for days, weeks, years, or decades to come.

-
- These ratings are generally for movies that I really like, but don't absolutely love. I also use it for movies that have me questioning what will happen on a rewatch, either because I doubt it would withstand a second viewing or because I feel it might rate even higher the next time around.

-
These ratings denote varying degrees of indifference or mild to moderate overall dislike, but still something I could find some respect for.

Any rating <
are movies that I actively hated. Generally these would be reserved for something that actually made me angry.

Not sure if I posted here.. but Im very harsh on films. Rarely do I give a film a high rating. I have seen many films that are "great" films... but not beyond great. The highest I give is a 7, (only a few get 8, 9 and dont think I ever rated a film a 10). If I give it 6.5, then its very entertaining. Most mediocre films get a 5 or 4.5 from me.

I think the reasoning behind my ratings is because I have seen so many films in my lifetime, its hard to judge one against the other for a higher rating. If its a "piece of art" in my opinion, then it gets a 8 or 9.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Not sure if I posted here.. but Im very harsh on films. Rarely do I give a film a high rating. I have seen many films that are "great" films... but not beyond great. The highest I give is a 7, (only a few get 8, 9 and dont think I ever rated a film a 10). If I give it 6.5, then its very entertaining. Most mediocre films get a 5 or 4.5 from me.
Strange, but I won't judge

Strange, but I won't judge
Rating of films is a matter of opinion as well. You may highly enjoy something and give it a 9 but I may enjoy it but cant compare it to films I give a higher rating and I would give it a 6. Ratings depends on many things.