The Incredible Hulk

→ in
Tools    

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
While I agree with your views of the first film, why would you wait on this one? The films are completely unrelated. This isn't a sequel.
Im going to wait on this film as the first was so bad, It may not be a sequel but I was really disapointed with the first. Ive read some reviews and its changed my mind from NOT watching it all. Im a big fan of comic herofilms, ie spiderman, but this needs to be a hell lot better

A system of cells interlinked
The first what?

This is the first film in The Incredible Hulk Franchise, there is no second one. THIS IS THE FIRST ONE. This has nothing to do with The Hulk franchise, at all.

Separate franchises, not connected at all. Different crew, different actors, different production, entirely.

Say, don't see Batman Begins, either. Since Schumacher made Batman and Robin in the 90s, and it was terrible, you might as well skip Chris Nolan's brilliant Batman Begins. True, they have absolutely nothing to do with one another, except that they deal with the same fictional character, but, since a bad film on Batman already exists, this one must be terrible!

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I understand that its a completly different film, and its a seperate franchise. BUT as I have said, personally im going to wait to get it, because I really didnt like "Hulk" It doesnt mean that I wont find "The incredible hulk" a fantastic film, or I might find it completely shite! My original point was that Im going to wait for this film, but again as ive already said that because ive read some good reviews and peoples different views I may watch. Its got nothing to do with who the production team are or the separate franchises, its up to me if I find a film rubbish, and if a "Different film with the same charector" comes out I will be a bit hesitant to watch it.

Batman begins is a awsome film and the next batman looks just as good. Im really not into the first batmans they are quite bad, I much prefer the the darker side that they have made them now.

A system of cells interlinked
As do I.

Ok, I guess we will just agree to disagree here. I still don't see a valid reason to skip The Incredible Hulk because someone didn't like an unrelated film.

Whatever floats your boat.

Well, I have to be honest, I am not the biggest Hulk fan but I'll give the movie a try.

...uh the post is up there...

This movie was far better than anticipated. A truly beautiful story portraying the powers of purity and love. Edward Norton was a great choice for this rendition of Bruce Banner, whom I felt had a reminiscent soul of his character in Fight Club. For this movie it's a lot of little things that make it great.
WARNING: "Spoiler" spoilers below
Like when Bruce swallows the data.
And his description of what it's like to perceive the world through the Hulk. Good direction and I loved Zak Penn's screenplay. Some aspects felt improvised by Edward Norton and Tim Roth, but not in a bad way. There were very logical approaches to most everything. It felt like not giving much of a background to the characters seemed to work in favor and add to the power of the emotion between them. (However, I did watch the 42 minutes of deleted scenes which did contain a lot of good dialogue. I felt a large chunk of it should have been left in the film.) These latest marvel movies tend to mock their cliches with the lightest glaze of subtlety. Brilliance, really. And Lou Ferrigno's cameo was hilarious.

8.3/10

VERDICT: DEFINITELY WATCH IT!

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I have read articles before regarding how Edward Norton wouldn't advertise the movie because they didn't go with the story that he wanted. In other-words, part of me says "**** him," and the other part has seen Fight Club. Whatever the case, I have been meaning to give this movie a watch, and now, I am one step closer to doing so. Good review.

Barely. I'd go even lower.
I may have mentioned this before. It's a pretty small complaint, but a valid one. How about making the Hulk green? I don't know what color that was but it wasn't green. And why was he so ridiculously small? And almost friendly? Dumb movie and even worse than the Ang Lee Hulk movie.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
I loved the original TV series and hated the last couple of movies. Hollywood's idea of strong men have gone from Johnny Weissmuller, Reg park, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and now to creatures that don't even exist. It's like those horrible computer generated images in I Am Legend which made the movie look goofy as hell. Why not use real actors. The movie industry has gone down hill.

I loved the original TV series and hated the last couple of movies. Hollywood's idea of strong men have gone from Johnny Weissmuller, Reg park, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and now to creatures that don't even exist. It's like those horrible computer generated images in I Am Legend which made the movie look goofy as hell. Why not use real actors. The movie industry has gone down hill.
You really think that's a good idea? If I understand you correctly, you would like them to use real actors for the Hulk? Yeah, it worked back then, but these days, it would just seem primitive.

In some cases, I totally agree with what you're saying. Look at LOTR, which used real actors with makeup for the orcs and Uruk-Hai. That worked beautifully, making them appear menacing and real.

But for someone like the Hulk, who is supposed be upwards of 8 feet tall and built like a tank, no human or amount of stuffing could conveniently portray that. I think the best interpretation of the Hulk was in the Avengers. Good colour, size, and strength.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

But for someone like the Hulk, who is supposed be upwards of 8 feet tall and built like a tank, no human or amount of stuffing could conveniently portray that.
Why would you want to? It looks fake. There's nothing menacing about a cartoon character. If it doesn't look realistic, it doesn't go anywhere.

Lou Ferrigno was the best Hulk ever.

Why would you want to? It looks fake. There's nothing menacing about a cartoon character. If it doesn't look realistic, it doesn't go anywhere.
At the end of the day, you have to realize that this is a blockbuster comic book movie franchise. Ferrigno's Hulk may have been impressive, but he was severely limited in what he could do on-screen. Compare that to any of the CGI Hulks, who rampaged through cities and jumped high into the sky to take down helicopters. That's what the general audience want to see these days, not some guy in green who is slightly taller and bulkier than Captain America.

I do agree the technology wasn't quite there for the Hulk. But you have to remember he is a product of gamma radiation mutation. So I like the route they took by making him inhuman, because that's what he has become. It would have been nice to see the engineers from Prometheus do something with the Hulk. He's not dumb, he was just adjusting to his new form which was made obvious on multiple occasions. He's grunting and screaming because his giant sized ears are picking up so much noise, noise that we don't even realize exists. His mind is consumed and sensory overload causes frenzy. I found out today that Edward Norton is not in the Avengers(which I haven't seen yet). That is a great disappointment to me. I hope Bruce Banner at least keeps the zen like approach that was established by Norton, as it is the best.

It doesn't matter what you can do with CGI. The new Hulk looks childish and fake. The movie industry has really gone overboard on the use of CGI. You can't replace real actors and acting with cartoon characters.

It doesn't matter what you can do with CGI. The new Hulk looks childish and fake. The movie industry has really gone overboard on the use of CGI. You can't replace real actors and acting with cartoon characters.
They can and will. I agree the CGI is being used a lot, but it's all a part of the process. There are plenty of movies that don't rely on special effects and there always will be. But technology is and will constantly be moving forward. I watched some of the behind the scenes and they used Edward Nortons actual face to map his facial muscle movements to be incorporated into the Hulk. It's just a learning process.

Maybe so, but I personally feel like that's a better alternative for the Hulk than what you're proposing.