The MoFo Top 100 Neo-noir Countdown

→ in
Tools    

"Ha-ha. He's got a girl and I've got a cat."
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I am guessing The Long Goodbye again, for today's reveal. Day late and a dollar short. "It's OK with me."
I'll guess Se7en unless six is afraid of it. Heyo!
The Long Goodbye
I'm switching back to Blade Runner as my guess for today. Probably wrong, but whatever.
Ok, anybody else?

A system of cells interlinked
The Long Goodbye

Dealer busts looks like you all win again.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Welcome to the human race...
le samourai was not on my ballot, but it definitely deserves to be top 10 on this list.

20lists319points
Se7en
Director

David Fincher, 1995

Starring

Morgan Freeman, Brad Pitt, Gwyneth Paltrow, R. Lee Ermey

TRAILERS

Seven - Two detectives, a rookie and a veteran, hunt a serial killer who uses the seven deadly sins as his motives.

List facts!

Seven is David Fincher's fourth entry in the countdown, after Zodiac (#30), Gone Girl (#34), and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (#83).

With 8.6, Seven is tied for the third highest IMDb ratings, along with The Silence of the Lambs.

Most people that know me, know that Seven is one of my favorite films of all-time. It is a film that I rented back in the mid-90s with a group of friends and it blew us all away. It was a unique experience to witness all our collective jaws on the floor as the last half hour rolled in. It was one of those formative films that showed me that films could be different, could be bleak, dark, and unrelenting. I've seen it a hundred times, I've written about it, recorded about it, so my love for it is well known and well documented. That said, I really didn't see it as neo-noir. As far as I'm concerned, it is a crime thriller, which is why I didn't include it on my list.

SEEN: 69/95
MY BALLOT: 21/25

My ballot  

I kind of had a feeling Se7en was going to be today's movie, but guessed Blade Runner because I was hoping Se7en would be in the top 5. It's long been a favorite movie of mine and I voted for it at #9.

My Ballot:
1. Who Framed Roger Rabbit (#35)
2. You Were Never Really Here (#50)
3. The Man From Nowhere (#87)
4. The Departed (#53)
5. The Big Lebowski (#38)
6. Coming Soon
7. True Romance (#60)
8. Zodiac (#30)
9. Se7en (#6)
10. Won't Show
11. Drive (#14)