Feedback from real moviefans!

Tools    

Hi everyone,
I'm a 22 year old film student. This idea came from my own experience as a "movie connaiseur". People often ask: "hey man you know a good movie", without any extra information. It can become quite irritating. So I thought why not put it in a format like an app that can make this question into something fun and easy.

The app would work as following: people select in which situation they want to watch a movie, the mood they're in and a general guide like "an action movie", "a movie with brad pitt", "a movie like ..."

It then gets send out to people: friends and like minded people or people the app think they can help the person to find a good movie. They select a movie and give a reason why they should watch it. You cannot suggest a movie she has already seen, the icheckmovies concept will be integrated.

The person looking for a movie receives the suggestion and rate it useful or rubbish. By that rating people can become a film connaiseur or not.
I think this can really make looking for a good movie to watch more useful because i learned people watch movies because other people have seen it.

So my question: Would you use it?

Well, if I suggested a film to someone and they rated it as rubbish I wouldn't bother again! Also how does that work that you can't suggest something they've already seen? How would you know? If it keeps denying you a suggestion cos they'd already seen it wouldn't it be a little annoying? I dunno, I'd rather either find things out myself or come here and read discussions about films. I'm not a connoisseur tho, I just love films

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
Nope. I tend to watch movies I hear about, or movies that interest me.