Kevin Spacey sexual advance accusations

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
And pointing the finger at the LGBT community because he cant keep his paws away from male children? Nasty attempt to hide behind that, nasty attempt. I'm going to take the high road and say that particular comment was taken out of context. He's never come across as a sly bitch in the past to cover his bum so why start now.

I'm completely indifferent to this supposed scandal for the following reasons:

1. Kevin is innocent until proven guilty. He is losing all of these awards and people assume he's guilty. The articles make it seem that Netflix is ending House of Cards because of the supposed scandal when the decision was made long ago. This is all to grab headlines and to pump up web traffic. It's typical journalism in this day in age. Actually, it's just typical journalism, period.
2. He doesn't remember the alleged action, which is understandable given the 30 years that have passed. If the alleged action were a crime, the statute of limitations is such that Kevin can't be prosecuted. If the alleged action were so serious the teen would've spoken up about it a long time ago. He was 14 not 4 and Kevin was not very famous 30 years ago. Given the lack of severity and the amount of time that has passed, I say let's forgive and forget.
3. He publicly apologized for the alleged action if he committed it. Many people wouldn't have done this because there is no proof of the alleged action and because of the statute of limitations.
4. Kevin says that if the alleged action took place it occured at a party while he was probably intoxicated. Remember that time in college when you blacked out and couldn't remember what happened after the 8th vodka shot? If you get drunk enough, you WILL do something stupid.
5. Kevin is bisexual or homosexual. I don't see much of a difference between those and pedophilia, which I don't even think this is a case of anyway.
6. The alleged action is exactly what I'd expect of a gay man, so do we now hate Kevin just for being gay!? That seems hypocritical.
7. When the teen allegedly said stop, Kevin allegedly stopped. Sexual predators do not stop!
8. Kevin is one of the greatest actors ever but he isn't a saint and never pretended to be so.

Who cares?

The 46 year old guy wasn't raped. He was hit on and made to feel uncomfortable. You know how many times I've been in a situation that made me uncomfortable? Hit on by people I didn't want hitting on me? Plenty. You know how many times others have, too? More than plenty. Some people need to thicken up a bit. This is getting stupid now.

The guy had how many years to sort this out?

Did this really even happen? We don't know. That's right. No one knows except the people involved, and even then it's questionable.

Don't believe everything you read. And if you don't believe everything you read, and don't use every damning headline to grab a foothold in some crusade that doesn't belong in the same circumstance, then why would you care?

My question is: who cares?

Spacey is not my favorite actor, but this kind of thing..internet lynch mob mentality..is weak.

5. Kevin is bisexual or homosexual. I don't see much of a difference between those and pedophilia, which I don't even think this is a case of anyway.
Wait, huh? lol

Wait, huh? lol
Yeah, that's just my opinion. I lump those in the same bucket as pedophilia. I consider all three to be "deviant". Homosexuality is still officially illegal in some U.S. states.

But, no one is perfect.

Yeah, that's just my opinion. I lump those in the same bucket as pedophilia. Homosexuality is still officially illegal in some U.S. states.
Homosexuality has nothing to do with pedophilia. You're grossly misinformed on that. Just a tip. Two completely different things. Straight Christian men can rape kids. Oh wait, yeah...the church. Right. Hey..shlt happens. Praise Jesus!

6. The alleged action is exactly what I'd expect of a gay man, so do we now hate Kevin just for being gay!? That seems hypocritical.
Homosexuality ≠ pedophelia

This exactly the kind of crap I was talking about. Most homosexuals are just as repulsed by this sort of thing as everyone else and there are just as many (if not more) pedos that prey on children of the opposite sex.

Homosexuality has nothing to do with pedophilia. You're grossly misinformed on that. Just a tip. Two completely different things. Straight Christian men can rape kids. Oh wait, yeah...the church. Right. Hey..shlt happens. Praise Jesus!
Actually, there are many academic studies that link pedophilia with homosexuality. The studies are not politically correct any more, of course.

Pedophilia - indecently exposing to, molesting, coveting in a sexual manner, or having forced or non consentual intercourse with a minor...genders capable: ALL. Sexual orientations capable: ALL.

Actually, there are many academic studies that link pedophilia with homosexuality. The studies are not politically correct any more, of course.
Not PC? How about not logical, period.

Two different things. Trust me. It's true.

Academic studies, hahaha.

Troll alert.

Is it common for homosexuals to prey on children..maybe, I have no idea. But that doesn't mean that being a pedo and being gay are the same thing. Unless I'm missing something.

In any event, I really don;t care about gay this or pedo that. Anyone sick enough to force themselves in a sexually advancing way deserves the mouthful of bloody teeth they get, or worse. That includes "innocent" advances or flirting. I've smacked people for that before.

Know your limits, and know your target.

1. Kevin is innocent until proven guilty. He is losing all of these awards and people assume he's guilty. The articles make it seem that Netflix is ending House of Cards because of the supposed scandal when the decision was made long ago. This is all to grab headlines and to pump up web traffic. It's typical journalism in this day in age. Actually, it's just typical journalism, period.
2. He doesn't remember the alleged action, which is understandable given the 30 years that have passed. If the alleged action were a crime, the statute of limitations is such that Kevin can't be prosecuted. If the alleged action were so serious the teen would've spoken up about it a long time ago. He was 14 not 4 and Kevin was not very famous 30 years ago. Given the lack of severity and the amount of time that has passed, I say let's forgive and forget.
3. He publicly apologized for the alleged action if he committed it. Many people wouldn't have done this because there is no proof of the alleged action and because of the statute of limitations.
4. Kevin says that if the alleged action took place it occured at a party while he was probably intoxicated. Remember that time in college when you blacked out and couldn't remember what happened after the 8th vodka shot? If you get drunk enough, you WILL do something stupid.
7. When the teen allegedly said stop, Kevin allegedly stopped. Sexual predators do not stop!
8. Kevin is one of the greatest actors ever but he isn't a saint and never pretended to be so.
1. Totally agree
2. I can remember everything in my life from 30 years ago and so can Kev. Booze aside.
3. Why are you victimising the perp? He's not a poor lil lamb in this you know.
4.Probably blind drunk? He said he was so drunk he cant remember. If more claims come out which is inevitable I doubt very much he palmrd it off by blaming the over medicating at the time so why are you defending that? It is never ok to victim shame, especially with children.
If you get drunk enough, you WILL do something stupid.
No o0ne claimed otherwise but even a first time drinker rather than a seasoned drinker is always aware that's a distinct possibility and rein it in before it happens or go home. If this wrecks his career opportunities for now, which I seriously doubt because he has enough shut up money at his disposal to bank roll his own productions, whose fault is that? And house of cards, I just noticed, had him as the exec producer so I also doubt he's crying into his rocket fuel the producers cut it.
Woah woah woah I will not even dignify that with a reply.
that's really sad but not at all sure what you're implying. I shall assume badl choice of your words.
6.Now not so sure. No I do not hate him for his life choice on gender and never have. You seem to be confused about what people are saying. This is not about what part of the LGBT choices he is now seen a part of but a choice he freely made to kiddy fiddle.
7. It shouldnt get so far a kid has to say stop. Do we teach women No means Yes? I dont think so.
8. I totally agree but that makes no sense in this current hotbed. Completely irrelevant.

i came in here thinking this thread couldn’t have possibly gotten any worse today and then i saw that leonchats post and boy was i wrong
criticker

Yeah, that's just my opinion. I lump those in the same bucket as pedophilia. I consider all three to be "deviant".
What about necrophilia? I just want to know if I'm ok.

I consider all three to be "deviant". Homosexuality is still officially illegal in some U.S. states.

But, no one is perfect.
By any chance were you born into
Westro church? That is the only thing I can think of that would give you such a sad opinion. Good luck.

As for homosexuality allegedly still being illegal, wth, nd once again, where is the relevance?

s of October 1, 2017, 46 states ban bestiality, while 4 states and the District of Columbia have legalized bestiality. In 2017
So if it's acceptable for some judges to see you have stuck your member in a chicken because they no doubt do as well, it's ok to wave one in the face of a child? Give me a break. As for your other disarming comment that 'a lot of studies back up the claim pedos gays and lesbians are the same' on what media planet? Save yourself the effort. I know that if those studies were made it's not by professionals but man bashers. Maybe stay out of red pill.com

Is it common for homosexuals to prey on children..maybe, I
I have a stack of gay friends and have ll my life. Only one ever touched a pre teen from what my family knows, and took advantage of young people, so no, it is not at all common.

If someone were to accuse me of being a pedophile or trying to molest a 14 year old boy....my response is "No, that did not happen" Because I know I am not a pedophile or prey on young children. The fact that he apologized, blamed possibly being drunk and came out as gay, tells me this is a very likely possibility.

I do hope this was a one time thing, but I have a feeling it's not.

Also, what is a 14 year old kid doing at an adult Hollywood party? Where were his parents?
When did that come out, TUS? Probably long after Spacey cme out as gay (not a rock spider)