Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Brotherhood of the Wolf
Bubba Ho-Tep
The Departed
3:10 to Yuma
Milk

Runners Up: Saved!, Wall-E, Up, Finding Nemo
Saved! was a pretty good movie.

Do you know French? Oooooo, so lucky. I recently wanted to learn Japanese to watch mai animus, but I decided that it would be much too hard without any background. College language classes are killer-fast. I'm taking Mandarin now, because I have some background. Then I can watch certain parts of Hou, Tsai, and Yang films unsubbed. French also wouldn't be a bad choice, but I would much rather learn Swedish because then I'd have access to all of Bergman. It's supposed to be "mad close" to English too.

How'a 'bout Google Translate?

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Definitely Man on Fire, Mystic River, Gone Baby Gone, Wedding Crashers, Million Dollar Baby, Beautiful Mind, and Gran Torino. The last two would be toss ups.

I thought of that.. but it's too much.
I have to find a french speaking nanny who can read it as bedtime stories
That was me in a former life, but I read my little charges The Daltons and Lucky Luke

Do you know French? Oooooo, so lucky. I recently wanted to learn Japanese to watch mai animus, but I decided that it would be much too hard without any background. College language classes are killer-fast. I'm taking Mandarin now, because I have some background. Then I can watch certain parts of Hou, Tsai, and Yang films unsubbed. French also wouldn't be a bad choice, but I would much rather learn Swedish because then I'd have access to all of Bergman. It's supposed to be "mad close" to English too.
Swedish is next for me, but I applaud you for learning Mandarin

Both of them are available in English.
Lucky kids!!..
Believe me they weren't back then! you wouldn't believe how difficult it is to pronounce Lucky Luke in French when you have a scouse accent

Swedish is next for me, but I applaud you for learning Mandarin
Wrong thread, but could yall give me some recs for good Mandarin-language films I haven't seen?

p.s. If it helps the topic, try to make sure these are some of the best Mandarin-language films that have been made in the last 10 years.

Hero would be an obvious choice...Red Cliff, Electric shadows, Three Times, Lust Caution, I don't really know that many Mandarin flicks, are Hard Boiled or Chungking Express in Mandarin?