THE MOFO CHILL CLUB

Tools    

We went to the Indianapolis 500 one year when I was a kid and it was so loud. I hated it.

I was in a few thing sports when I was a kid. I wasn't super athletic but I did ok.

I do kind of regret giving up dancing but that's such a tough life and waaaayy more dancers than there are jobs. Plus, I'm 5'8" .I wouldn't get jobs just because I'm a good dealer taller than the average.
It's the noise that helps you forget what you're watching is repetitive and stupid.

People cry over things less trivial than football. All the time.
You're right, and they shouldn't then either.

Let the night air cool you off
You're right, and they shouldn't then either.
Perhaps you should tell them this and see how far it gets you.

My point is: if there is any reason at all to cry, then every reason to cry is valid.

I don't know if I believe that, but I try to.

I don't have a problem with people crying, I'm just trying to emphasize that I don't understand why people get so worked up and passionate over football that it leads them to crying.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
It's the noise that helps you forget what you're watching is repetitive and stupid.
The noise liked to drove me mad, but the repetition is ridiculous too. I can see wanting to be a race car driver; that sounds like fun, but I can't fathom how people like to watch it.

Football is boring. When you watch a football game, as soon as the ball is released, start counting. Usually you can count to 3, and then everybody falls down. If the ball actually makes it into the air, then you can usually count to 5 before everybody falls down.

I got thrown out of Super Bowl party once because I proved that this was true, and nobody enjoyed the game after that because they were too busy counting.
This makes football pretty unique. It's played in short bursts. I also appreciate the tactics involved. A lot more strategy is put into football than the average fan or a non-fan would think. It's a lot more than just run in a specific direction.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I don't have a problem with people crying, I'm just trying to emphasize that I don't understand why people get so worked up and passionate over football that it leads them to crying.
Never go to Columbus Ohio.

I guess I see where you are coming from. But if something exists, there is probably somebody passionate enough over it that they would cry about it.

I'm being mean again though. JJ, I'm totally okay with you loving football. There are people in my life that I love and who are into football - you're one of them.

I could understand crying over it if you're actually on the team. But crying over a football game when you're just a spectator? Yeah, don't get it.

I'm being mean again though. JJ, I'm totally okay with you loving football. There are people in my life that I love and who are into football - you're one of them.
No, it's fine.

Football has been a major part of my whole life. I was a child in a suburb of Dallas, Texas during the years of the Cowboys dynasty. My first year of peewee football, my team got to play in Texas Stadium. The same place my dad watched Roger Staubach lead the Cowboys to their glory years of the 70s when he was a kid. He was probably more excited than I was. My team won. We ended up winning a championship that year.

When I was in junior high, I got to watch Vince Young lead my favorite college football team to an undefeated record and a national championship. All the while I lived in a neighboring town of a former rival for my Longhorns.

Football has brought me a lot of joy, and it's allowed me to bond with my dad quite a bit.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
This makes football pretty unique. It's played in short bursts. I also appreciate the tactics involved. A lot more strategy is put into football than the average fan or a non-fan would think. It's a lot more than just run in a specific direction.

From the point of view of a non-fan, it just looks like a bunch of big guys pushing each other out of the way to run past them with the ball, and everyone else trying to knock down the guy with the ball. It's kind of boring to watch, and seems kind of violent too.

But in fairness, I think basketball is kind of boring too. It's just a bunch of guys running up and down the court trying to throw the ball through the hoop. It's more fun to play than it is to watch.

The only sport that I enjoy watching is baseball.

No, it's fine.

Football has been a major part of my whole life. I was a child in a suburb of Dallas, Texas during the years of the Cowboys dynasty. My first year of peewee football, my team got to playing in Texas Stadium. The same place my dad watched Roger Staubach lead the Cowboys to their glory years of the 70s when he was a kid. He was probably more excited than I was. My team won. We ended up winning a championship that year.

When I was in junior high, I got to watch Vince Young lead my favorite college football team to an undefeated record and a national championship. All the while I lived in a neighboring town of a former rival for my Longhorns.

Football has brought me a lot of joy, and it's allowed me to bond with my dad even though we don't agree on much else. All we really have is football and a similar sense of humor (kind of.)

So it's weird to me when people can't see that.
No worries, I'm glad you have something that important in your life that has brought you happiness.

Anyway, you're a Bunuel fan. Have you seen The Milky Way? It's one of my favorites by him. I ask because I've been in the mood to watch it all day but I can't because MY SH*T IS ALL PACKED AWAY!