Movie Tab II

Tools    

ThomasP has been banned for plagiarism.

A bit of context: he was caught plagiarizing reviews earlier and, as we often do, we gave him a chance to stick around if he acknowledged the plagiarism and stopped. He did the former, but apparently not the latter. Oh well.

The Brave Little Weeman Returns!

A bit of context: he was caught plagiarizing reviews earlier and, as we often do, we gave him a chance to stick around if he acknowledged the plagiarism and stopped. He did the former, but apparently not the latter. Oh well.
I always thought his opinions were "too" well thought out if you get what I mean.

Reviews

Wow, what an absolute moron, again I don't know whether to laugh or cry, given a second chance but still...
Laugh.
His posts are pretty much beyond the ridiculous, as they are full of unquoted references to other people's work (and sometimes even their worst work).

It's like he's addicted to certain critics' opinions or something. That actually would be a pretty awesome concept for a comedy film, if you ask me.

We almost always give people who do this a second chance, because it's usually just done out of insecurity and a desire to impress others. A lot of very well-respected MoFos made this kind of mistake in their earlier days, and I'm glad they owned up to it and stuck around. But yeah, obviously that's contingent on coming clean and not doing it any more. It's a pity.

Anyway, back to tabbing. Sorry for the interruption.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Moving on...

Annie (John Huston, 1982)

The Young Doctors (Phil Karlson, 1961)

By Love Possessed (John Sturges, 1961)

Birdman of Alcatraz (John Frankenheimer, 1962)
+

Islander (Ian McCrudden, 2006)

Of Human Bondage (Edmund Goulding, 1946)

The Tortured (Robert Lieberman, 2010)

Rear Window (Alfred Hitchcock, 1954)

Big Jim McLain (Edward Lustig, 1952)
-
Out of the Ashes (Joseph Sargent, 2002)

It Runs in the Family (Bob Clark, 1994)

Seven Days in May (John Frankenheimer, 1964)

Lust, Caution (Ang Lee, 2007)

Quarantine (John Erick Dowdle, 2008)

Gunless (William Phillips, 2010)

The Odessa File (Ronald Neame, 1974)

Dead Men Walk (Sam Newfield, 1943)

Get Carter (Stephen Kay, 2000)

D3: The Mighty Ducks (Robert Lieberman, 1996)
-
Crazy Jones (Joe Aaron, 2000)

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Probably those listed in my Favorite Films; at least the first nine. Happy Anniversary!
So 9 films you've seen out of the thousands (it seems) have only been deemed worthy of 5/5. That's fairly strict. I'm not criticizing or anything, it's much better than folk who hand out 5/5 for something they like. Fair play to you sir.

So I'm more likely to see a Unicorn than a 5 star rating from you on Movie Tab 2 eh?

First in his top 50 favorite movies and now this. And to call Raiders xenophobic is truly pitiful.
The top 50 thread only scratched the surface of what he had done previous to this thread, there's much more that me and Skepsis uncovered but after Yoda spoke to him after the top 50 threads I assumed he would stop and was willing to carry on and giving him a second chance, then he goes and continues his ways only a few days after, ridiculous.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Look everyone he did a 4 star review ^^^^^, take a look, quick!

So I'm more likely to see a Unicorn than a 5 star rating from you on Movie Tab 2 eh?
Within the last few weeks I am pretty sure he watched Elmer Gantry and posted a five star rating for that

Look everyone he did a 4 star review ^^^^^, take a look, quick!
And deservedly so.
Rear Window is Hitchcock's second best film, in my opinion, which says A LOT about its quality. A gem of a movie!

The top 50 thread only scratched the surface of what he had done previous to this thread, there's much more that me and Skepsis uncovered but after Yoda spoke to him after the top 50 threads I assumed he would stop and was willing to carry on and giving him a second chance, then he goes and continues his ways only a few days after, ridiculous.
So I have heard. A very sad deal indeed. Like he tried so hard to be accepted and pretentious.

So I have heard. A very sad deal indeed. Like he tried so hard to be accepted and pretentious.
He should watch Zelig

everyone should actually, since it's an awesome film

I have heard of it, will probably pass for now. But I loved Allen's The Purple Rose of Cairo.
Have you seen much of his work or just that? If you're interested there's a very good documentary on him and his work called Woody Allen: A Documentary that just been shown on TV in the UK. Not sure if or where you'll be able to find it in the US, but I highly recommend it if you can. Must-see for any fan of his.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave

A bit of context: he was caught plagiarizing reviews.
Wait a minute....that's frowned upon around here? Eh.....if you'll excuse me, on a completely unrelated note I've got to run off to my Movie Musings and do some heavy editing!

And yeah what a moron!