Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
Spies Like Us -

Yeah, aside from Blues Brothers and maybe American Werewolf I'm starting to think that I don't much care for John Landis movies either.

movies can be okay...
Frances Ha (2012)

I surprisingly liked "Frances Ha" quite a lot, sure the characters are self righteous and pretentious at times, but the film is aware of that and pokes fun of it during certain scenes, the humour is another thing I surprisingly enjoyed, I found myself cracking up at most of the happening events, the dialogue is well put together, the pacing is great and the acting is great. Of course the film has flaws, but they aren't in the way of the joy that the movie was able to spark.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

Goodbye Solo (2008, Ramin Bahrani)

A very simple, very understated and very deeply moving story about an upbeat Senegalese cab driver named Solo (beautifully played by Souleymane Sy Savane) who develops an unlikely friendship with a disillusioned old passenger (Red West) after he learns the man is planning on committing suicide and decides to stop him.
Excellent film, highly recommended!

“I was cured, all right!”

A criminally underrated action movie from 2008. Keanu still showing he can do kick ass action before he became John Wick.

Exactly what I think. Street Kings was awesome! Forest was great too!! Very underrated! I'll rewatch my Blu-ray just because I saw the cover on your post Great film.
Funny thing: Keanu fights Common in this film and they fight again in John Wick 2! Awesome!

Unregistered User
Birdman of Alcatraz (1962) -

Notes on Blindness (2016) -

Two days, one night (2014) -

The Invitation (2015) -

The First Film (2015) -

Logan (2017) -

The Bay (2012) -

Terrible! Oh lord! The action SUCKS!

Great film! Just waiting for the new season! The ending was not emotional this time because we now know that 'he is alive'.

Terrible! Oh lord! The action SUCKS!

Great film! Just waiting for the new season! The ending was not emotional this time because we now know that 'he is alive'.
Come on, Taken 1 is better than John Wick 2.

I'll Cry Tomorrow - 7/10

I love Susan Hayward. Great screen presence, and she's cute as cute.

Nice to see some love for this movie...one of my favorite Hayward performances...due for a re-watch.

Originally Posted by Ultraviolence;1676478
[IMG
http://orangemagazine.ph/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/SPLIT_RED-692x1024.jpg[/IMG]

WARNING: "SPLIT" spoilers below
Unbreakable it's one of my favorite movies and that ending of Split! HOLY ****! I was fully blind in the movie theaters, when the VISIONS by James Newton Howard starts to played I freak out! I FREAK OUT. I scream and cry at the same time, I fell bad for all that people who don't understand the meaning of Bruce Willis there. Watched twice in a row. Thank you Shyamalan! THANK YOU. Never had felling that way in a movie theaters. Sorry but i'm excited!
Totally agree with your rating of Split, I thought it was amazing.

Come on, Taken 1 is better than John Wick 2.
Better? Shaky cam, No action on the screen, poor editing...
Just in your mind that this

is better than this:

The Taken franchise sucks:

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Nice to see some love for this movie...one of my favorite Hayward performances...due for a re-watch.
Besides this and "I Want To Live!" - what would you recommend?

Besides this and "I Want To Live!" - what would you recommend?
Well, since you asked:

With a Song in My Heart
The Marriage Go Round
My Foolish Heart
Smash Up: The Story of a Woman
Ada
Where Love Has Gone
Stolen Hours
I Married a Witch
David and Bathsheba
The Snows of Kilmanjaro
The President's Lady