Broke my wrist!!!

Tools    

Broke my left wrist Monday on ice I thought was snow. Beyond pissed at myself. Husband is waiting for a knee transplant so we’re both out of commission.

Going by cab now to orthopedist who treated me when I broke my right wrist some years ago.

Virtual hugs welcome - I am dealing badly with this.

My skeletal system is a cracked up mess so I definitely sympathize! Had a bunch of pins put in my wrist last year. Need both knees replaced too. Hope they patch you up as quickly and painlessly as possible!

Oof, sorry. Re: ice/snow, like you moved your hand towards something really fast thinking it was snow and it was nice?

Hope you feel better, sounds awful.

A system of cells interlinked
Sorry to hear this!

Big virtual hug incoming!

Broke my left wrist Monday on ice I thought was snow. Beyond pissed at myself. Husband is waiting for a knee transplant so we’re both out of commission.

Going by cab now to orthopedist who treated me when I broke my right wrist some years ago.

Virtual hugs welcome - I am dealing badly with this.
Bummer, I hope it heals quickly without much problems.

Last week we had ice rain in the evening and I was concerned that I hadn't fully raised my suv's windows from driving that day. So I told my wife I was going outside in the dark to check, she said to be careful. I could see our front porch was a sheet of ice so I grabbed the hand rail and took a careful step, then another step...and boom, I slipped so fast that all I could do was to try and hang on but I still fell down the stairs to the bricks below. Now my right ankle really hurts when I walk which is a bummer as I just got a new treadmill. I don't know how long it will take to get better. Yeah ice sucks!

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Always feel weird “liking” a bad mews post, so I’ll gif you my condolences instead 💐

Sorry to hear about the wrist.

Ice sucks. Feet went out from under me and through my arms out to protect myself. Landed thumb first shattering it, two pins and a screw. This was almost 40 years ago and now arthritis has taken home there. Constant ache.

Helpful Hint: Feel yourself going down, don't t throw your arms out.

My skeletal system is a cracked up mess so I definitely sympathize! Had a bunch of pins put in my wrist last year. Need both knees replaced too. Hope they patch you up as quickly and painlessly as possible!
Husband needs right knee replacement.

Oof, sorry. Re: ice/snow, like you moved your hand towards something really fast thinking it was snow and it was nice?

Hope you feel better, sounds awful.
Thought it was white snow. Nope, it was white ice. First day I didn’t wear ice trekkers.

Bummer, I hope it heals quickly without much problems.

Last week we had ice rain in the evening and I was concerned that I hadn't fully raised my suv's windows from driving that day. So I told my wife I was going outside in the dark to check, she said to be careful. I could see our front porch was a sheet of ice so I grabbed the hand rail and took a careful step, then another step...and boom, I slipped so fast that all I could do was to try and hang on but I still fell down the stairs to the bricks below. Now my right ankle really hurts when I walk which is a bummer as I just got a new treadmill. I don't know how long it will take to get better. Yeah ice sucks!
Same situation at our house. Slippery old wooden front door steps ending in bricks. Terrifying.

I frickin hate winter & I’m terrified of ice. I’m very tall & slender & I really slammed down on this ice.

Hospital gave me 8 x 50mg Percocet. Nah, 50mg not gonna cut it.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
^not wrist tho.

GET WELL STIRCHLES! Even if AU up there is off on the anatomy.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

The Adventure Starts Here!
^not wrist tho.

GET WELL STIRCHLES! Even if AU up there is off on the anatomy.
I couldn't find an image with someone breaking a wrist on the ice. I mean, c'mon!