Cloverfield (1.18.08)

Tools    

COOLNESS im so excited bout this movie it looks awesome!

the monster will be great, the city destrcution even cooler!

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
The first trailer for this was intriguing.

Now I'm just at the so what stage. It's lost it's momentum for me.

That could always build back up but I think they've mishandled the publicity for the flick.

I know what you mean, i get a lil impatient sometimes!

Lets put a smile on that block
Yes Blibby I have seen the film. I went to a Paramount screening of Cloverfield when I was in California in December along with a few other films. The Spiderwick Chronicles, Hellboy 2 (at Universal) and an unfinshed Iron Man print with Jon Favreau and his son ....followed by taking them out for Pizza at John's Incredile Pizza.
Thats awesome Jrs! Thats so cool you got to see all those films so early in advance. Most suckiest thing about being over here in the UK is the MASSIVE wait between the US release and Uk release of most films. Its getting a bit better, but not much.
And that toy.....................it's not the monster for the film. it is a potential creature to be used in a video game production back in 2003, which was being done by Massive Black. Which just happens to be Peter Konig's company who is the art director for Cloverfield
Yeah i just found this out too. I gotta say im pretty relieved. The more i looked at it, the more it looked like something from Star Trek. The monster you describe sounds awesome. But you have certainly wet my appetite for this. The same thing i keep hearing from everyone who ahs seen it is how much the monster goes nuts and totally destroys the city. Exciting stuff.

I especially love in Cloverfield when...

WARNING: "Cloverfield" spoilers below
The monster swings its tail and knocks down the Brooklyn Bridge. Total destruction!!!!

i wanna play a game......monopoly?!
hey jrs, did you happen to read the summary on the thread on movieweb.com that another person that saw the movie wrote? i just wondered if it was real or not.

hey jrs, did you happen to read the summary on the thread on movieweb.com that another person that saw the movie wrote? i just wondered if it was real or not.
No I haven't. So I looked in the forums and couldn't find it. Send link to exact page.

Lets put a smile on that block
You know this "Something has found us" tag line thats popping up in the posters and the trailers now, well, what the hell does that mean? I mean, it's not like New York was hiding or anything...it's a pretty stupid tag line.

I think "HOLY CRAP" would have been a better one.

i wanna play a game......monopoly?!
http://www.movieweb.com/news/38/25538.php

hey jrs, this is the website with the review on it.

Is "something has found us" tag line means that some kind of aliens from outer space have found our planet...????

I'm a bunch of a hell!
based from the synopsis above, the movie sound interesting as it was said to be different from the other giant monster film. wanna try to see this.

A system of cells interlinked
Hmmmm, this film looks like it might try to depend on a 9/11 subtext? A day of disaster with people running around wondering...

"What's going on? Who's doing this to us?"

Tyger, Tyger, Burning Bright
Hmmmm, this film looks like it might try to depend on a 9/11 subtext? A day of disaster with people running around wondering...

"What's going on? Who's doing this to us?"

OK, except that it seems they know who/what's doing this... big ole' monster dude!! (and maybe some mini-me monsters??)...
...unless they don't realize what it is until late in the movie, in which case, the who/what question is fine.

The other thing is though, they have been making movies of that sort long before 9/11 (ID4 comes to mind, but again, that's a sorta thing where they know vaguely who/what it is) so I personally think its more that they may be just going with the formulaic concepts inherent in this type of movie.