Film Makers?

Tools    

I just popped into this thread, Skipped past a few pages, could someone summerize the best parts for me please? lol. My problem is I have too many ideas but can't get them on paper. I'm trying to save some cash up for a DV cam. for under $1000. If anybody lives in Calgary let me know. Maybe we can hook up(not in that way perverts 8p) and do some brainstorming!

Originally Posted by Canadaguy
could someone summerize the best parts for me please? lol.
There are only 3 pages

The Fabulous Sausage Man
I've made a couple of shorts with Super-8. Most of which were about bunny rabbits getting killed, and sometimes coming back as zombie bunny rabbits.

Well from where i come from there is no perspective for me to make a movie,but i have a great idea for one.Something that has never been done in movie history.I have to sit on my A** and start writing
But there is another thing i have never wrote a script in my life is there something special that i should know about before i start

The stuntman of CbK
I've written three full-length scripts and am working on a fourth. I won't go into detail, only because I don't have the time and it would take a VERY long time, but I'll let you all know when I can.

They're all very weird, and I try to incorporate some of the weirder dreams I have. It's fun!

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by B-card
But there is another thing i have never wrote a script in my life is there something special that i should know about before i start
I'm told it's best to...
  • Read some professional scripts
  • Use the right format
  • Keep it simple - IE go for easy-reading over excessive 'stage direction'
  • Be prepared to re-write lots of times
  • Be prepared to get rejected lots of times

The stuntman of CbK
I try to make the scripts at least 120 pages, I've heard that if it's not long enough, some studios or producers won't even look at it. It must look professional, so try using the software I use. It's called Final Draft, and it formats everything in the right font and format to make it look professional.

Teeth of Lions Rule the Divine
I'm in the process of getting a camera, which is all I need because I have the script, the story and everything.It just needs a title.

A system of cells interlinked
I'm in the process of getting a camera, which is all I need because I have the script, the story and everything.It just needs a title.

Don't forget the lights!

Great site, great lights...

Teeth of Lions Rule the Divine
Completely forgot about the lights.Thanks for reminding me Sedai.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I just recently got into the film & television production program at Humber College.

Suspect's Reviews

I just recently got into the film & television production program at Humber College.
Good job bud!!!! I know someone who took this program at Humber. She loved it! She now edits videos for people at some company in Toronto (I can't remember the name.) She loves her work. She also gets paid plenty of $$$$!!!!

fbi
Does any one make their own movies here? Myself I'm in the middle of writing a script to what I call The Loyal Gun. It has a crapy title but hopefully it will turn out good.
I dont know what ur film is about but the title sounds ok. The title should be able to tell an audience what the story is.

most classic films have simple and effective names.

Back to the future. Robocop. braveheart. the sixth sense. signs. rambo. rocky. terminator. the illusionist. jurassic park. e.t. jaws. superman. etc.

I am in the middle of making my first short. Just waiting for actors to have free time before shooting resumes.

using this short to enter into film festivals and show around to studios, investors etc to demonstrate my writing/directing skills. I have written a feature which i wish to direct too and hopefully my short will convince them to invest in me.

I have faith in my feature script and will never sell it unless i am allowed to direct.
I am kinda like how stallone was with rocky. I put a lot of effort and heart into it and cannot let it go just like that.

Hey,who knows? it could turn out to be a piece of crap. But i have confidence it will be inspiring.

Will also make a second short after first one. Where did u learn screenwriting? From books or from watching movies? i learnt mine from syd field and elliot grove.