The MoFo Top 100 of the 80s: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

I didn't see Jumanji until it was on VHS.

The first film I ever saw in cinemas though... was an 80s film...

HOWARD THE DUCK!! I was 4 years old. I loved it.

That scene with Lea Thompson made confusing things happen in my trousers.

The first movie I watched in the theater was E.T. That was '82 so I was six. I like E.T. a lot but don't consider it a favorite. It did not make my list. I don't think I saw anything on my list in the theaters.

I lied. Went to the theater to see three from my list. Batman is the only one to show up, so the only one I will mention.

Which makes me wonder, how many of these "classic 80s childhood nostalgia favourite movies" were actually watched by many of us in the 90s.
I was born in 1981 and most of my "childhood nostalgia favorite movies" are from the 1985-1989. Some of them, especially the newer ones, were watched in the theater. Others were watched on VHS or on Showtime or HBO later on.

I have a brother who is three years older than me and my parents just kind of let me watch anything they thought was appropriate for him to see. I've no idea what my first theater experience was - probably a Disney animation of some sort.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The first film I ever saw in cinemas though... was an 80s film... HOWARD THE DUCK!! I was 4 years old. I loved it.
I saw Howard the Duck at the cinema when it came out too! I was 30 years old. I loved it.

I don't remember much about Howard the Duck. It's been so long....

I saw this in 1991 at the movies when it came out:

My dad took me. Anyone jealous that I saw this in the cinema?

I was probably the only person who went to see it. I remember seeing a preview for it on TV before it came out and I went crazy. I stopped breathing and had to go to the hospital.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	mannequin_two_on_the_move.jpg
Views:	1859
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	13067