A.I. - Kubrick or Spielberg?

Tools    

Lets put a smile on that block
Hellraiser, you certainly living up to your name. What is your problem? Ive only glanced over the last page or so of this thread and every one of your posts you seem to have some sort of attitude problem. Instead of getting mad and defensive when someone disagrees with your views, why dont you try discussing it with some style instead of turning into angry mode and insulting everyone with your "wit". Fine, youve made it pretty clear that you HATE spielberg and Shindlers List. Got it good. But hear out other peoples opinions on these films and you never know, they may highlight some aspect that you actually enjoy. If not, move on.

back to topic, I love A.I. I think its a beautiful film, but for some reason everytime i watch it, it really haunts me. I think a large part of that is to do with Osments performance, i agree with Henry that his performance was brilliant. I for one enjoy the sappiness of Spielberg and therfore liked the ending to A.I. I'll never no whether i'll prefer a Kubrick ending but as for Stevo's ending, it'll do me fine.

Originally Posted by Hellraiser
Much like the jews I have been persecuted for my beliefs
Do you have any idea how absurd this sounds?

Do you kiss your mother with that mouth??

This from the woman who said my own crap ricocheting across my face would be entertaining.
Are you purposely misreading posts? What I said was that there was the greatest of possibilities that such a thing might have a slight entertainment value -- if you made a movie… which is what I thought we were discussing… excuse me for assuming the fact I quoted your post pertaining to making a 30 minute movie, would make it rather obvious that that was what I was referring to…

Read it again sweetheart. I never said I had no compassion for the jews in the halocaust, only that I had no respect for Schindlers List. But Nebbit sure didn't hold back on saying I am a crappy person. Your revisionist history would make the nazis proud.
I have read it… and am well aware that you quoted a small segment of a sentence Nebbit posted pertaining to the actual people the movie was portraying -- and then stated there was "nothing moving" about their story… thereby causing the whole misunderstanding in the first place… she was referring to the real people -- you were referring to the movie… as I stated previously, a misunderstanding due to miscommunications that should have been fairly easy to correct and move on…

However, I am, now, also aware of the fact that Nebbit pm’d you, apologized, and attempted to clear the misunderstanding up off the boards… but that instead of responding to her message and accepting her apology, you chose to hit her with negative reputation points and make another post in which you called her an imbecile and filmwhore… Care to explain why her apology apparently was not good enough for you?

The Gestapo would be proud. They too enjoyed censorship.
I guess you missed the part of my post where I said "several"? … Your post was not the only one deleted so you can stop trying to make yourself out to be some sort of martyr … We had another member who used to scream censorship even though he professed to have read the forum rules and regulations pertaining to the removal/editing of posts… and I will tell you the same thing I told him. You freely agreed to abide by the rules when you signed on to this forum… if you did not read the rules, that is no one’s fault but your own… if you don’t like the rules, you are free to leave. It is as simple as that…

Congratulations on trying to spin this sitatuation into one were I am a bad person for not liking the boring melodrama that is Schindlers List.
Get over yourself... everything does not always pertain to just you…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
Instead of getting mad and defensive when someone disagrees with your views, why dont you try discussing it with some style instead of turning into angry mode and insulting everyone with your "wit".
I could care less if someone disagrees with my views. It is not until they verbally insult me for my views that I unleash the fury. Thats my style. Maybe if you read this whole string you would see that.

Fine, youve made it pretty clear that you HATE spielberg and Shindlers List. Got it good. But hear out other peoples opinions on these films and you never know, they may highlight some aspect that you actually enjoy.
Just because you understand my lack of respect for Schindlers List, doesn't mean others do. I still have recent posts asking me to be more specific on how I can possibly think Schindlers List sucks. I listen to other peoples opinions on how Schindlers List is great, and I give my own opinion on why they are horribly wrong.

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
Do you have any idea how absurd this sounds?
But much like the jews I HAVE been persecuted for my beliefs.

What I said was that there was the greatest of possibilities that such a thing might have a slight entertainment value -- if you made a movie… which is what I thought we were discussing…
You are saying it would be entertaining to see my own hot mancrap bombarding my horrified facial cheecks. How could I possibly see this as an insult? You are clearly a lady of class and elegance.

I have read it… and am well aware that you quoted a small segment of a sentence Nebbit posted pertaining to the actual people the movie was portraying -- and then stated there was "nothing moving" about their story… thereby causing the whole misunderstanding in the first place… she was referring to the real people -- you were referring to the movie…
This is where your lack of understanding and observation really begins to shine. Here is the entire post Nebbit made that warranted my unleashment.

Originally Posted by Nebbit
You seem as if you don't have a compassionate bone in your body, woo be the person that ends up your crappy self.
I had never attacked Nebbit personally, only the film, and this is the response I get?

However, I am, now, also aware of the fact that Nebbit pm’d you, apologized, and attempted to clear the misunderstanding up off the boards… but that instead of responding to her message and accepting her apology, you chose to hit her with negative reputation points and make another post in which you called her an imbecile and filmwhore… Care to explain why her apology apparently was not good enough for you?
Good lord, do Nebbit and you get into a knitting circle and yenta it up about me or what? Nebbit apologized because she, unlike you, knew she was in the wrong.

Your post was not the only one deleted so you can stop trying to make yourself out to be some sort of martyr …
Yes, much like the 3rd Reich, you are selective with your censorship. Mein Kampf is OK but not the Torah.

You freely agreed to abide by the rules when you signed on to this forum… if you did not read the rules, that is no one’s fault but your own… if you don’t like the rules, you are free to leave. …
Im sure you would like that. My information destroyed like the book burnings in Aushwitz.

Get over yourself... everything does not always pertain to just you…
Of course it doesn't. But your last 2 posts sure do. I am sorry to have questioned your speech from the Movie Forums podium. Why do you wear that red arm band by the way? HEIL CAITLYN!!!! HEIL!!!

look, you are entitled to your opinion, whatever it is...but please enough is enough..no one is out to get you...believe me...and i really think that you should calm down a little...this isn't nazi germany...

JAWOHL MEIN FUHRER!!!!

The Gestapo would be proud. They too enjoyed censorship.
Yet another individual who has little to no idea what censorship is really about. Don't flatter yourself.

Any reason this thread was moved from general movie discussion?
To silence you, the lone dissenting voice in our fascist community.

Compare another individual to a Nazi again, and you'll be banned. It's an exaggeration beyond all reason and logic, and a slap in the face to those who suffered at the hands of real Nazis. You have to think pretty highly of yourself to equate genocide with the reasoned deletion of a few muckraking posts on a movie forum.

JAWOHL MEIN FUHRER!!!!
You know, your the first person to EVER give me bad rep on this forum, and the fact you didnt even have the GUTS to write down your reasons why or justify yourself just about sums you up. Grow up and stop using the internet as a place to argue with people coz your p!ssed at whatevers wrong with your life. Youve made your points, you said your piece, now drop the lame insults and move on. This post is about A.I, set up ya own thread about your gripes with life and people will argue with you there.

Originally Posted by Yoda
Yet another individual who has little to no idea what censorship is really about. Don't flatter yourself..
The irony in this statement is almost too wide open for comment. Look up the word censorship.

Originally Posted by Yoda
Compare another individual to a Nazi again, and you'll be banned. It's an exaggeration beyond all reason and logic, and a slap in the face to those who suffered at the hands of real Nazis. You have to think pretty highly of yourself to equate genocide with the reasoned deletion of a few muckraking posts on a movie forum.
Ahh an ultimatum. Much like die Fuhrer uses. Im sorry mein fuhrer. HEIL YODA!!! HEIL!!!!!!

You know, your the first person to EVER give me bad rep on this forum, and the fact you didnt even have the GUTS to write down your reasons why or justify yourself just about sums you up. Grow up and stop using the internet as a place to argue with people coz your p!ssed at whatevers wrong with your life. You've made your points, you said your piece, now drop the lame insults and move on. This post is about A.I, set up ya own thread about your gripes with life and people will argue with you there.
You did not see the whole picture before making your snap judgements. Hence your bad rep. It took a lot of GUTS for me to say that.

I'd start a Schindlers Sux thread, but I feel the Movie Forum Gestapo would censor it much like the book burnings of KrystalNacht.

Why do I feel like the innocent red dressed girl trying to escape the tyranny and oppression of the Reich?

The irony in this statement is almost too wide open for comment. Look up the word censorship.
I'm aware of the definition, which is sufficiently vague that you could use it to describe perfectly reasonable decisions like, say, the prohibition of vulgarity. In common usage, the word implies unreasonable censorship.

Crying "censorship" when someone warns you not to hurl ridiculous, tasteless insults is really just a way of sidestepping your misbehavior. You're trying to take the focus off of your own remarks, presumably because they are completely indefensible. Fish elsewhere; I'm not biting.

Ahh an ultimatum. Much like die Fuhrer uses. Im sorry mein fuhrer. HEIL YODA!!! HEIL!!!!!!
Banned, as promise. If you're incapable of disagreement without comparing others to mass murderers, then you have no place here. Or in any intelligent conversation, for that matter.

Executive summary: grow the hell up.

I had never attacked Nebbit personally, only the film, and this is the response I get?
Nebbit apologized because she, unlike you, knew she was in the wrong.
Oh you have never attacked me, so calling me an imbecile is a compliment.

Also you seem to think that it is ok to call others names and never say sorry, get a grip.

You did not see the whole picture before making your snap judgements. Hence your bad rep. It took a lot of GUTS for me to say that.
I actually did see the whole picture, as well as everyone else did on this board, but now as your BANNED no matter how much "GUTS" you have, we wont be able to hear your boring childish whinging.

TA TA!

Well done Yoda

the teenage movie critic
I really like Mr. Spielberg's work but A.I. just didn't do it for me.

the teenage movie critic
Who is Mr. Hellraiser?

He sounds like he did raised a lot of heat here at MoFo. The things that turn people on....just frightens me. Hellraiser's case....from what I've read of his post, should have banned quite a long time ago.

Thanx for the peeps who gave me my rep back, Cait, Toose and Nebbs, thats really sweet of you guys, straight after that loser was banned someone gave me more bad rep anonymously (sp?), at least i think it was bad, it came up grey, what does that mean?
Anyway, the point is you guys have restored me. Thankyou for all!

straight after that loser was banned someone gave me more bad rep anonymously (sp?), at least i think it was bad, it came up grey, what does that mean?
Hey that happened to me, I got grey ones also, the last were red?????

Also thanks to all those who also gave me more than my share of good rep points, very sweet

The gray ones are normally from newbies without a high enough post or rep count themselves yet to affect anyone else's… and unless they leave a comment, it's hard to tell if it was good or bad… in this particular case, it was probably bad since Hellraiser tried to get a few more remarks in under a different username…