The Walking Dead Episode Discussion

Tools    

I despise this show after reading about "the episode that went too far." I have never watched this show, but I have hated the fascination everyone seems to have with zombies and zombie apocalypses.

Women killing innocent kids for not being smart enough on how to handle zombies? On national television? Are you all insane? If it was in a movie, okay. But on a popular television show, no.
Just a moment:

I love this show - why? because it does not care.

We sometimes need to take a breath and realize that fiction is just that - a story, it is imaginary.

For me I am less concerned about the zombies as I am about those that have to live in this new world of chaos. The "zombies" could be a virus, a plague, a meteor, an earthquake, that part does not matter . It is about survival plain and simple. What would a person do to survive and protect their own?

This "story" is about what would happen or may happen, not about what one would condone. It is realistic and raw, not congratulatory.

Anyway - it is a story about what would happen and what would people do during an event that changes the world. Not humanly unrealistic in my mind, it is entertainment, not "what would I do" B.S.

Of course I would not kill a child for any reason - but would anyone feed another person their own brains?

Shock value is just that and it works sometimes and other-times it does not, but in the end it is just a story.

Well it was a great final. Poor Rick. Its not like he actually has gone thru more than anyone else on the show, but I think Andrew Lincoln acts so well at being disturbed and walking around near-dead that Im more sympathetic to him.

Cant believe Im saying this, but Im lighting up to Carl. He'll probably end up more like Shane than his Dad, but at least he's not scream at the tv aggravating anymore.

The Adventure Starts Here!
We're still not sure where Tyrese, Carol, Judith and Beth are, but I suspect we'll see them early enough in season 5.

Good finale -- with just enough hints at the bad-assness to come. But honestly, I guess Lucas was right! It definitely looks like they lure people into Terminus in order to, well, terminate them. Mmmm... pass me some more of those ribs...

You'd think the name of the place would have been a real red flag for most of these guys....

Wow just finished watching it this minute. Pretty full on gripping finale . Who knows how we would act if our child was threatened? Those scenes were gory but had a ring of truth about them.

Do any of you guys also watch Talking Dead after the show is over? It was a really good episode, with Andrew Lincoln on the couch for the first time. He had a lot of great things to say about the episode and how he thinks Rick was affected by what happened and what he had to do. Good stuff.

You ready? You look ready.
Terminus...cannibals....sanctuary in the bellies of a stranger.

BTW, how awesome is it that Rick is still the most badass character on this show? That dude really pays attention to his surroundings.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Wow, that was a good season ending.

WARNING: "No hard spoilers, but anyway" spoilers below
I didn't like the scene with the guy almost surrounded by walkers for this reason, he was almost surrounded! He could have escaped! There were miles of field to run. Weak and senseless scene, what they want transmit us? "Oh, look at Rick, he can make hard decisions."

The following scene was awesome. I wanted those rednecks dead since I saw them. I thought that they were gonna find Beth, try to rape her and Daryl should save her from the bad guys -or die trying-. Anyway, this was an extremely tense moment.

Terminus stank since the beginning. We don't know how they are gonna get out of that situation. The only thing we know for sure till now is that Rick has broken the badass-o-meter.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Safe to say they are cannibals.

Wasn't the redhead cooking near the sunflowers in the picture of the house that Michonne found those dead kids in? I think they look similar.

Rick going for the jugular....bad ass.

Suspect's Reviews

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I've enjoyed a lot of this season, particularly the one with the little girls and how that story influenced the reveal re Carol to Tyrese. This finale seemed a bit of a let down to me. I was happy that Rick was circumspect about jumping into Terminus, and the mystery of how the locals were wearing the belongings of Glenn, Maggie, et al was creepy. But their winding up in a trap was sort of... blah.

I don't often yell at the TV, but that last episode gave me plenty of opportunity to do so. EVERY time Rick and the gang ran across the courtyard, zigzagging to avoid being shot, SOMEHOW those "sharp-shooters" on the roof completely missed them. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Seriously, watching where the bullets hit, I was stunned at how far off their aim was. It was perhaps the most difficult thing to believe in the whole series so far, and I'm including the concept of zombies in that too.

I don't often yell at the TV, but that last episode gave me plenty of opportunity to do so. EVERY time Rick and the gang ran across the courtyard, zigzagging to avoid being shot, SOMEHOW those "sharp-shooters" on the roof completely missed them. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Seriously, watching where the bullets hit, I was stunned at how far off their aim was. It was perhaps the most difficult thing to believe in the whole series so far, and I'm including the concept of zombies in that too.
I noticed that too, but I think they were herding them to the boxcar. Seems Terminus doesnt have cooling units so they have to keep the meat fresh.

Aus I thought that too at first then I thought like Tongo that they didn't want them all dead at once, also a way of having them run through some freaky looking memorial rooms.

I liked the flashback to the 'good old days' when all they had to deal with were the walking dead. When they could actually think about growing crops and keeping pigs. Funny to think how the real threat is actually other human beings

Not sure why that never occurred to me, but now it seems obvious. The bullets ricocheting off the ground were SO obviously nowhere NEAR them that I began to question the director's choices! I guess at that point I still wasn't convinced that my thoughts of cannibalism weren't because (a) we had discussed it here and (b) I've been binge-watching episodes of "Hannibal."

But yes, they were being herded. I'm not sure of the wisdom of herding them through the candle-memorial room, though. I mean, do they want these people to KNOW their fate and figure it out? I'd think it would be better to let them think they have some sort of hope while in that train car... but I'm not sure why. Perhaps running past a huge pile of bones and carcasses and then through a candle-lit room filled with people's names on the floor might make them give up more easily and accept their fate?

Ahhh, but not THESE guys! They're screwing with the wrong people.

Does anyone else think that the characters still outside Terminus are going to be instrumental in the inevitable coup (Carol, Tyrese, even Beth)?

Boy, if they could take over Terminus (rather than just run away, as usual), they could have another safe haven. Of course, they might want to send someone around to take down all the "Come to Terminus" signs first...

For certain the marauder types are the alpha threat, be it a gang of trash or a Governor type. The zombies are more like dumb land sharks.

So without revealing anything, to those that read the comic - is there one or two seasons of material left?

Agreed. In the beginning of the series, when probably nobody left living post-apocalypse had their bearings, the threat was mostly walkers -- up until the farm burned down and was overrun by walkers. Since that point, though (Shane excepted), most of the real threats to them as a group have been other human beings -- the types who would relish a world without authority figures, where might makes right.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
For certain the marauder types are the alpha threat, be it a gang of trash or a Governor type. The zombies are more like dumb land sharks.

So without revealing anything, to those that read the comic - is there one or two seasons of material left?
Yeah, there is, but the show is going a very different direction. Which I'm disappointed about.

Speaking of which, I've never watched a show that I've flipped and flopped over so much. I hate a character, then love a character, love a character then hate it. Watch an episode and am in love with the show; watch another then moan and complain. In a way, I think it helps keep me interested, because I never know how I am going to feel afterwords.

I am concerned about next season. I saw an interview with Glenn ( I don't know his real name) he said
WARNING: "In case you don't want to know" spoilers below
that the next season would see the characters stretched to their very limits. I was hoping for more of a rebuilding direction, like Austruck and I previously talked about. I think they've been stretched far enough

On another note, the guy who plays Glenn is extremely like able. I normally don't watch celebrity interviews, but I caught this one. He made me want to not be tired of Glenn anymore.