Jurassic World

Tools    

If you go in the afternoon it's cheaper, £8.95 though that's only Monday to Thursday, but otherwise tickets are £10.50. They've started to charge an extra pound for blockbusters, too, as well as getting rid of the 'bargin' day, which used to be tickets for £6 all day. Then you're charged an extra couple of quid if you see it in 3D, then another pound for the glasses, but all that's optional, of course. I've don't know what the food/drink cost is because I never buy it. But my guess is that the cheapest popcorn would be at least a fiver, as the last time I remember seeing it, it was just over £4 and that was about 7 years ago.

When my sister takes her two kids to the cinema, it's the thick end of £30 before they even get to food and drinks. It's a hell of a lot for the simple pleasure of watching a film with your kids.

I don't really have anything to drink or eat anymore, when I go to the cinema, but if I do I'll just bring something from home. They never look anyways...

As for ticket prices, it can get pretty high here in Denmark. Around £14 for a normal ticket and IMAX is all the way up at £16. So yeah, I don't go to the cinemas as much as I used to, and those movies I wanna see I catch the press screening and watch them for free...

Jurassic World is heading towards an opening weekend of $155 million.

Jurassic World is currently estimating a $65M Friday off midday sales, that’s inclusive of last night’s $18.5M B.O. If that number sticks into tonight, it will be the second best June opening day behind June 30, 2010’s The Twilight Saga: Eclipse which minted $68.5M. This puts the Universal release on track for a $155M three-day bow, not only bigger than expected, but it will rank as the Jurassic World highest opening for the month, surpassing Warner Bros. Man of Steel ($116.6M). The Colin Trevorrow-helmed pic is in a majority of the 26,500 ReadD-equipped theaters in 72 countries. Some insider see JW at $160M for the weekend.

Source: Deadline

So, the movie was a lot of fun. The CG work was really good, though didn't quite have the same feel of the old animatronics. I really enjoyed what they did with the raptors, giving them an actual relationship of respect with their trainer, played by Chris Pratt. The film had some very exciting sequences - most notably the final battle - and a good amount of humor. It also had a lot of hat-tips to the original to give the adults some great nostalgia. After seeing the trailer, I had my reservations, but this really exceeded my expectations. Definitely recommended for fans of the original.

+

What is this Cinemax cinema? never heard of that chain of cinemas here in the UK. And those prices are ridiculous!

£11 for a medium popcorn and £11 for a drink? that's absolutely horrible.

For me, my nearest cinema is an Odeon. My last two trips to the cinema cost only: Mad Max: Fury Road = £6.45, and Spy = £5.45. I go on a Monday when it's bargain ticket prices, I don't eat or drink anything from the cinema(I can go 2ish hours without eating or drinking ) and I walk to the cinema saving on the £6ish bus ticket travel costs(about 5-6 miles round walking trip so it's not much). The ticket prices go up about £3-4 the rest of the week.

And I never watch 3D, so don't have the extra prices there.

I'll guess it's still a bit south; first day take was tremendous, but it should be very front-loaded, especially with those Thursday previews. But we'll know soon enough.

Age of Ultron had a close to $600 million worldwide gross on opening weekend, while Jurassic World's is only $212,800,000. I don't think JW will come near A:AOU. The Force Awakens may get close though.

...This thing's success is going to bring even more sequels to really old franchises, isn't it?

Age of Ultron had a close to $600 million worldwide gross on opening weekend, while Jurassic World's is only $212,800,000. I don't think JW will come near A:AOU. The Force Awakens may get close though.
That's comparing three days to one, and the one is, not coincidentally, almost exactly a third as much,

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Just got back from the cinema and damn was i impressed. This movie looks amazing, and its entertaining. I think i enjoyed it more than the first movie.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

Just got back from the cinema and damn was i impressed. This movie looks amazing, and its entertaining. I think i enjoyed it more than the first movie.
Awesome that you liked it!

Now go read my review!!

That's comparing three days to one, and the one is, not coincidentally, almost exactly a third as much,
Still, I doubt JW will come close to $600 million in one weekend. Let alone beat Avengers: AOU's Billion dollar mark goal that it made.

...This thing's success is going to bring even more sequels to really old franchises, isn't it?
More sequels are planned.

Still, I doubt JW will come close to $600 million in one weekend.
Why's that? It's roughly on pace; its first-day take is almost exactly what Age of Ultron's was.

Let alone beat Avengers: AOU's Billion dollar mark goal that it made.
Seems like a decent bet to be right in that range, actually. But whether it is or not, Adam was talking only about the weekend.

More sequels are planned.
Colors was talking about other franchises.

Yes i am agree with you.